Houston Yates 92 Huffman Hargrave 82/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

If Silsbee and Yates face off it should get ugly.  I haven't seen yates, but Huffman and HJ played 3 games dang near evenly, and HJ did really well to ONLY lose by 30-something the other night to Silsbee.  North Forest beat yates by almost 20 once, and lost a fairly close game to them the second time.  Silsbee could've beaten north forest by 50 last night had coach sig chosen to.  Here's hoping that matchup happens. 

I stayed and watched the Yates-Huffman game and there is a lot to what you say.  On paper the comparison is apt because Yates was playing just as hard as they possibly could to beat Huffman.  Couple that with the fact that North Forest is not a bad team.  They won 17 of their last 19 games.  The two loses were to Yates by 11 and to Bellaire (who was upset by Cinco Ranch incidentally) and one of the wins was over Yates by 19.  But again, that's all on paper.

I'll tell you one thing.  From a certain perspective, as a Tiger fan, I'm kind of glad Yates pulled it out.  Huffman was starting to get that ominous "team of destiny" look about them.  You know, when all of a sudden a group of young men suddenly find themselves and discover that they are a lot better than they thought they were?  Then fate takes the wheel.