Shelbyville vs Evadale

Chester86

Shelbyville defeated Tenaha #7, three weeks ago, 75-69, which makes them a very formidable opponent.  And when they lost to Tenaha (in Tenaha) by two, I heard they had a good lead until they got into foul trouble.

But based on those common opponents, it's apparent that Evadale can beat them.  And that's all I need to know.  If Shelbyville got in foul trouble and folded, I think the depth of the Rebels is our strength.   Tommy Teammate = Rebels win by 8.

Both teams have good point guards but I think Evadale's  #3 is a better distributor and can create and shoot a little better. Over all Evadale is a better  shooting team. I will give the edge to them. But it's been almost two months since I saw Shelbyville play. They may be playing at a higher level. Shelbyville is well coached and will be under control. Should be good one! 

1 hour ago, Bad boyz said:

Will be a great game no doubt, but looking ahead neither team has a shot at grapeland!! 

Grapeland has an excellent team, but they'll have to get pass LaPoynor first.  Never sell them short.  They always seem to have good teams, boys and girls both.  That should be a good game, but most are at this stage.

On February 27, 2017 at 7:16 AM, 24 over par said:

if evadale doesnt give up alot of layups on the press they will win

And I hope we have good Refs.  Last game, toward the end, foul count was Evadale 10 and Alto 2.  And though I'm no expert, sure looked like Alto was able to get away with some things, that we couldn't.  Call a few fouls, or a lot, but be consistent.  Go Rebels!

Fyi:  Shelbyville has 5 loses.  Three to 1A teams and two to 2A.  Evadale has not been beaten by a 2A team (no 1A sch) all year.