#1 ☆Silsbee☆ VS WO.S

Who That

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

In fact, I would not be against just allowing WO-S parents to attend and no Silsbee fans at all.

I did not hear of any Silsbee fans storming the court last night and my experience with WOS fans always been positive.  I can't believe grown folks can't behave as such and students can't be adequately warned and dealt with by administrators. 

2 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

WOS players know how to handle ourselves. May be a lil competive trash talk but i can assure there won't be any punches thrown from our side. We just want a good competitive game against a good silsbee team. I wouldn't say we'd win but Miller will give Bush a lot of trouble so we'll stick around more 

I agree with just about everything in this post.  I really believe both sides will be on their best behavior.  As far as the last sentence, that will be an interesting matchup for sure.  But don't be surprised if Bush is the best player on the floor on Friday ;).  That little joker can go.  

The only way to learn from poor decision making, bad sportsmanship and immature behavior is to create a lasting image.

As bad as I feel for our community and school, a change has to happen. Silsbee AD has committed to that change, hopefully we embrace it.

As parents, we must adhere to morally sound behavior. Check your emotions, make good decisions and be responsible for those decisions.

Good or bad.  

Take time to reflect and heal #TigerNation.

One more thing..... I don't like where any of this is headed in reference to the basketball players focus.

If it was me, I would make it a point to my team that my actions were wrong and in no way should be defended. Don't make it about defending me for the punishment received.  

Focus should be on team.  Not individuals.  

Jmo

Can somebody unlock the BC vs Silsbee thread? I'd like to offer a rebuttal to the "BC has no class" opinions posted there. 

I'd like to point out that most of the people complaining about his behavior grew up in an era where you and your boys jumping somebody wasn't very highly thought of. Running up and smashing somebody from behind was something to be ashamed of, not bragged about on social media. Don't hit girls was rule #1. Sadly, that's not what kids today are being taught.

Tough punishment for McCain. I hope he learns from this and comes back next year with a different perspective. There are actions in life that "I'm sorry" won't fix. Some people learn that the hard way. 

I have no idea who "owns" this site.... i am just a casual reader.  

I do not understand the frequency of "locking a thread".   Don't you want traffic to your website?  I have seen threads "locked" when nothing offensive or derogatory is being said.  A moderator apparently decides enough has been said on a given subject and then shuts it down.

can someone given insight into why you would want to limit traffic to your website?

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Devon McCain suspended for remainder of season (playoffs included)

Jordyn Adams 1 game suspension

Calvin Tyler is not suspended

Based on the video I've seen this is probably the correct course of action.  The McCain suspension is a big blow for silsbee, but there probably isn't a program in the state better suited to overcome it.