Silsbee 131 Orangefield 47/FINAL

WOSgrad

I don't know if Silsbee see much of a test until maybe the Regional championship if they continue to play like this. Even then they could win by 20. I'm not sure about the other Regions but Silsbee and Dallas Lincoln could be headed for a rematch. I don't know if anyone in Region 4 or 1 staying within 15 points of either team. Brazosport seems to be good but they are in Region 2 I think

12 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I don't know if Silsbee see much of a test until maybe the Regional championship if they continue to play like this. Even then they could win by 20. I'm not sure about the other Regions but Silsbee and Dallas Lincoln could be headed for a rematch. I don't know if anyone in Region 4 or 1 staying within 15 points of either team. Brazosport seems to be good but they are in Region 2 I think

Brazosport is Region IV and will represent that region in San Antonio.

Dallas Lincoln has been having a lot of very close games of late but dont dismiss north forest or Yates and I don't think silsbee or any team is running up the score if they have their 3rd unit guys in the game silsbee needs to keep this pace and intensity all the way to and through San Antonio that's how you beat the refs and the opponent not disrespecting any team in our district but tigers are on a mission and can't take anybody lightly good luck tigers keep the ball rolling.

Silsbee played the third unit the entire fourth quarter (I believe) and sat back in a zone the entire quarter.  Far from trying to run up the score.  

I've only seen one fan from another school in the district complain and I think it was refuted fairly quickly.  

In terms of the region, realistically the only team beating Silsbee is Silsbee.  That's not a slight against the other schools but if Silsbee takes care of business, they should not have a game that goes down to the wire.  I still think Yates is the biggest "threat," the game with North Forest notwithstanding.  If NF beats them again on Friday, I will recant.  But Yates has one of the best guards in the region in Jock Hughes and THE best forward in the region in the uber-athletic 6-7 Mitchell Seriale.  That being said, you need more than that to beat Silsbee and I'm not sure they have enough other pieces to get the job done. 

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Brazosport beat Fort Bend Hightower twice this year. Silsbee lost by 3 in double OT. Silsbee also played a game 45 minutes earlier and almost a back to back game. 

Silsbee would be a double digit favorite against B'port imo.   They are a very good team that is playing well.  Not near the talent Silsbee has though.  Their best guard, Rossow, would be about the 5th best guard on Silsbee's team.  And although they do have a big (Quick) with some talent, I think he would struggle with Silsbee's pressure.  The big threat, as usual, will be whoever comes out of the metroplex.