Ned teen found with pot, guns

BMTSoulja1

Um, if neither Nederland PD, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, the Jefferson County DA's Office, the Port Arthur News, the Beaumont Enterprise, KFDM nor KBMT deem it appropriate to identify the young man that is the subject of these charges, I am not sure we should be playing "who dunnit" here.

I don't know about y'all, but I don't want to receive a call from any of the above entities (and I doubt either Jordan or Mike does either) to have to explain why we are teasing the identity of the young man given that they deemed it inappropriate identify him.

Particularly when there is no justifiable reason to do so.

8 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

For a government release the name of a juvenile that has not been certified as an adult by the juvenile court is a law violation.  

I understand.  And while it may not be illegal to tease that information here, I am not sure that those governmental entities would be too thrilled about it happening and, thus, it does not appear to be a proper subject to discuss here.

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I understand.  And while it may not be illegal to tease that information here, I am not sure that those governmental entities would be too thrilled about it happening and, thus, it does not appear to be a proper subject to discuss here.

I agree 100%. 

That was for the benefit of those that might tend to question why a name has not been given and is there some kind of cover up. The answer is that the name cannot be made public or the police/DA/court/etc., will be the ones violating the law. 

In your position, I knew that you would be aware of the law. :)

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I agree 100%. 

That was for the benefit of those that might tend to question why a name has not been given and is there some kind of cover up. The answer is that the name cannot be made public or the police/DA/court/etc., will be the ones violating the law. 

In your position, I knew that you would be aware of the law. :)

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So is there anyone here....  A NEDERLAND guy, that will debate that this kid was not a current or ex Nederland football player?

I'm a Ned guy with a son at NHS, just asked him who the kid was, told me he had never heard of the guy.  Apparently the kid never went to or made it to the high school. Take it for what it's worth. 

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Funny,huh?  

I'm just saying, my son has been in athletics(football) for the last 4 years at NHS. He told me the kids name, he nor I have heard of him. 

What is funny to me is that I am wasting my time responding to a question you asked, when you were clearly looking to continue to throw shots at Nederland.

Have a good day. 

17 minutes ago, OldNedDog said:

I'm just saying, my son has been in athletics(football) for the last 4 years at NHS. He told me the kids name, he nor I have heard of him. 

What is funny to me is that I am wasting my time responding to a question you asked, when you were clearly looking to continue to throw shots at Nederland.

Have a good day. 

Thank you. My cover up comment early on was sarcasm. 

27 minutes ago, OldNedDog said:

Have a good day. 

I'll continue to believe the parent, the one that would know vs. Someone who will just probably try to detract this from Nederland athletics.  

It's a sad story.  Where it happened is not the relevant thing.  The fact that someone that age was selling drugs, and felt the need to have that much firepower is a disturbing commentary of our society.  I suppose this is what The Great Society has come to.  Just doesn't look so great to me.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

It's a sad story.  Where it happened is not the relevant thing.  The fact that someone that age was selling drugs, and felt the need to have that much firepower is a disturbing commentary of our society.  I suppose this is what The Great Society has come to.  Just doesn't look so great to me.

I agree!