Obama - Brought Us Together or Divided

Hagar

27 minutes ago, Remmus said:

More the responsibility of the people than the president.  Obama tried to steer clear of any race issues during his terms.  He caught flack from the Left.

He made statement after statement when minorities were killed way before the police even finished their investigations.  He was proven wrong multiple times yet continued to run his mouth and incite riots.  

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

He made statement after statement when minorities were killed way before the police even finished their investigations.  He was proven wrong multiple times yet continued to run his mouth and incite riots.  

BLM is his baby. He made those early statements because he wanted so badly for it to be true. He wanted to condemn the police. He wanted it to be a white vs black thing. I'm sure he has thoroughly enjoyed driving the wedge between the races and the police. 

I wouldn't want to be in his position.  No win.  Malcolm X or Uncle Tom.  Somebody is gonna be pissed.  As a side note, I think the Baltimore cops got off.  I guy shows up with a severed spine after being pulled out of the back of a police van.  Worth an investigation at the min.

1 hour ago, Remmus said:

More the responsibility of the people than the president.  Obama tried to steer clear of any race issues during his terms.  He caught flack from the Left.

Obama steered clear of nothing. His first mistake was the college professor and the cop having suds. The president should have never even gotten involved in a civil arrest matter.

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

Obama steered clear of nothing. His first mistake was the college professor and the cop having suds. The president should have never even gotten involved in a civil arrest matter.

Well intended, but less than optimal results.  Seems to be a trend.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

BLM is his baby. He made those early statements because he wanted so badly for it to be true. He wanted to condemn the police. He wanted it to be a white vs black thing. I'm sure he has thoroughly enjoyed driving the wedge between the races and the police. 

Yep, c'mon outta the closet. That's what I give Obama credit for, made guys like you stand up and say what you thought in the first place. 

21 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Yep, c'mon outta the closet. That's what I give Obama credit for, made guys like you stand up and say what you thought in the first place. 

They say a hit dog barks...lol.  Seriously, race issues have at least two sides.  For a long time the issue was dominated and controlled by whites (some well meaning and others were more concerned about free labor), then we had a shift in the 60's and the issue was dominated by minorities.  Any opposing views were kept hush publicly unless you were in a fringe group.  Today I'm praying we're seeing a balance talk and understanding.  We can't start the conversation with the words "Racist" or "Liberal" either.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I'm gonna give him credit for obamacare, failed foreign policy, shutting down coal mines and losing much respect for us globally.

Forget about facilitating stabilizing our economy, killing Bin Laden, making banks play fair with homeowners, helping millions get healthcare (although sabotaged), lowering unemployment.

His foreign policy...well.  I agree with the stance with Israel tho.  

broke and fixed the economy.jpg

10 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Forget about facilitating stabilizing our economy, killing Bin Laden, making banks play fair with homeowners, helping millions get healthcare (although sabotaged), lowering unemployment.

Why the anti-Semitism from you?  Guess some people really don't know much about the Israelites.  Obama is just a Muslim showing his true colors when dealing with Israel.

Even if Obama was a Muslim, that's not a bad thing.  It's just a different faith.  I'm far from an anti-Semite (over used as much as racist).  I just don't want America to pick sides in a gang war to the point where we're begging for another drive by on the US.  Netenyahu acts like we owe him money or something.  He needs to get in line.

7 hours ago, Remmus said:

I wouldn't want to be in his position.  No win.  Malcolm X or Uncle Tom.  Somebody is gonna be pissed.  As a side note, I think the Baltimore cops got off.  I guy shows up with a severed spine after being pulled out of the back of a police van.  Worth an investigation at the min.

I wouldn't want to be in his position either, but with that position comes the responsibility of doing what is right, even at the risk of being labeled an "Uncle Tom".

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

I wouldn't want to be in his position either, but with that position comes the responsibility of doing what is right, even at the risk of being labeled an "Uncle Tom".

If wasn't careful tho, we might have been talking about his great character in his eulogy.  

20 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Even if Obama was a Muslim, that's not a bad thing.  It's just a different faith.  I'm far from an anti-Semite (over used as much as racist).  I just don't want America to pick sides in a gang war to the point where we're begging for another drive by on the US.  Netenyahu acts like we owe him money or something.  He needs to get in line.

Clueless...and a typical liberal response...we MUST have done something to bring the attack on ourselves.

57 minutes ago, Remmus said:

But you couldn't put any substance behind any of those claims...did you read that in one of you "centrist" pamphlets?

15 hours ago, Remmus said:

And what planet have you been on for the last 8 years? It certainly wasn't Earth.

Where do we go, the first six months after his election when he jumped into the Cambridge Police arrest for what was the equivalent of a traffic citation disturbing the peace charge? When he was quoted saying the he had no facts but knew that the police acted stupidly. Of course it did give us the now famous "beer summit". 

Obama routinely jumped into not only racial issues but local issues that should have had nothing to do with the president. Perhaps one of the most telling was the memorial service for five police officers killed in Dallas while protecting protesters. Obama, the Divider in Chief, chose this somber occasion to speak about slavery and Jim Crow laws. How do you speak at basically a funeral service for fallen officers and start talking about slavery that ended more than 150 years ago? 

Oh yeah, that was the guy steered clear of racial issues. 

And if you believe that, I have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale................. 

17 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I thought it in the first, second, and third place. Obama has driven the wedge between cops and criminals and another wedge between whites and black. That doesn't make me a racist for thinking that. Look at what he has and has not done for race relations. You can't make a legitimate argument support Obama in this department, and I don't expect you to try, though I would welcome that debate. But, that is not your style. You would rather throw out baseless accusation, like "your a racist". How does me thinking Obama helped cause the race issue make me a racist? Better yet, I don't need your response.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

I thought it in the first, second, and third place. Obama has driven the wedge between cops and criminals and another wedge between whites and black. That doesn't make me a racist for thinking that. Look at what he has and has not done for race relations. You can't make a legitimate argument support Obama in this department, and I don't expect you to try, though I would welcome that debate. But, that is not your style. You would rather throw out baseless accusation, like "your a racist". How does me thinking Obama helped cause the race issue make me a racist? Better yet, I don't need your response.

Wow, don't hold back. Tell him how you really feel.....lol

Blaming Obama for the state of race relations is like blaming Bush for 9/11.  The conditions were there prior to either showing up to work.  What makes some of you look like prejudice or racists arse-holes is the relentless tearing down of anything the man has done.  Just doesn't pass the sniff test for many on-lookers.  Put some balance in your life and people may not be so quick to incorrectly label you as racist...IJS.

If you like deportation of illegals, you should love Obama on that one.  He shipped out anyone they could find with a criminal record (even non-violent).   I think it was around 2.5million.  Maybe some are too focused on his ugly wife to see any good in the guy other than having a good personality.  Hell, some Americans have a different ideology and love the guy.  As certain as conservatives are about their ideology, it's okay to think differently, right?