60 Minutes Wonders Why Chicago Police Doing Less

Hagar

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Ain't nobody sayin' all that.  At least not me.  The Dems desperately need new leadership.  I can't believe Pelosi got another run.  The buzz word is "identity politics" and that's the old school democratic model that has them losing their arse.  

Like Keith Ellison?

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Like Keith Ellison?

HELL NO!  You're trying to hurt me...aren't ya?  They might as well put Jeremiah Wright in there.  There's another guy...saw him on Meet the Press. Can't remember his name, but he made a hard push for the job.  He sounded like he had some good ideas to help the Dems get their heads outta their arse. 

It's been great having you on here Remmus.  It's so rare for us to play point, counterpoint, with someone, we're like cattle getting to the trough for the first time in a long time.  Our few liberal posters come on maybe every 3 or 4 days.  Post a link from the Huffingtonpost, and hit the sign out button so they won't have to see the leftist bs called out for what it is.  And it appears since you've moved to Texas, you're at least making an effort to assimilate, but as you can tell by the post, you still have a way to go.  The big plus for you, that's what we're here for :) 

18 hours ago, REBgp said:

It's been great having you on here Remmus.  It's so rare for us to play point, counterpoint, with someone, we're like cattle getting to the trough for the first time in a long time.  Our few liberal posters come on maybe every 3 or 4 days.  Post a link from the Huffingtonpost, and hit the sign out button so they won't have to see the leftist bs called out for what it is.  And it appears since you've moved to Texas, you're at least making an effort to assimilate, but as you can tell by the post, you still have a way to go.  The big plus for you, that's what we're here for :) 

Thank you my brother.  If nothing else, we're brothers in Christ.  

I might drop a Lefty or centrist bomb on a thread but I gotta make it a good one.  I can't lob any softballs..lol.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, Remmus said:

I agree that 10 or is 20 African Americans being killed by cops n caught on video has turned into a bit of a civil rights movement.  A reaction was warranted but these aren't the same cops that turned a blind eye to Lynch mobs up through the 1960's. Times are different.  You guys go after BLM like ppl went after organizations in the 60's.  "They should shut up n stop causing trouble."  Let's pray all the deaths (cops and civilians) and protests lead to a better America.  Also let's keep in mind the law abiding, God fearing, hard working minorities that have good kids that can be instantly labeled thugs by the clothes they wear or music they listen to.  We need to protect those kids just as much as the police.  Yeah, those kids do exist in large numbers. The evil liberal media focuses its time showing one segment of African Americans that are poor uneducated and friggin out of control. Those same fools are glamourized in rap music. They make it hard for the good people you work with that love this country and are doing the right thing. 

the problem is that out of 20 shot on video, 18 or 19 were justified.  When you start making martyrs out of criminals who were handled appropriately by police, you have a major problem.  Mike Brown has a flippin' statue in his honor in Ferguson.  By the way, I'm one of the centrists that has terrorized this board for years (ask anyone), but I'm not with you on this one.

34 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

the problem is that out of 20 shot on video, 18 or 19 were justified.  When you start making martyrs out of criminals who were handled appropriately by police, you have a major problem.  Mike Brown has a flippin' statue in his honor in Ferguson.  By the way, I'm one of the centrists that has terrorized this board for years (ask anyone), but I'm not with you on this one.

I can't even take this seriously.  All of them had it coming?  I don't condone making martyrs out of criminals. And that statement applies to the Police Officers too.

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I can't even take this seriously.  All of them had it coming?  I don't condone making martyrs out of criminals. And that statement applies to the Police Officers too.

I don't know the exact numbers, but my perception is that the majority of them WERE JUSTIFIED.  If I am not mistaken, the courts/legal system have, in most cases, validated the contention of Bullets13.

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I don't know the exact numbers, but my perception is that the majority of them WERE JUSTIFIED.  If I am not mistaken, the courts/legal system have, in most cases, validated the contention of Bullets13.

Legal systems favor cops.  Perceptions on both sides can be easily skewed by personal experience.  To the guy getting stopped and frisked heading to his fast food job, "all cops are corrupt and unfairly target."  It's a perception based on his environmental factors.  

7 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Legal systems favor cops.  Perceptions on both sides can be easily skewed by personal experience.  To the guy getting stopped and frisked heading to his fast food job, "all cops are corrupt and unfairly target."  It's a perception based on his environmental factors.  

Sorry, but the cops operate based upon the law as opposed to what someone "perceives".  But you have avoided my question/suggestion about the 18 out of 20 subject because I don't think you can document your claim JUST AS YOU COULD NOT document your "contention" that there was a separate report supporting the "hands up don't shoot" contention which everyone knows is a lie.  ( but those supporting the "cause" will not acknowledge)

17 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Sorry, but the cops operate based upon the law as opposed to what someone "perceives".  But you have avoided my question/suggestion about the 18 out of 20 subject because I don't think you can document your claim JUST AS YOU COULD NOT document your "contention" that there was a separate report supporting the "hands up don't shoot" contention which everyone knows is a lie.  ( but those supporting the "cause" will not acknowledge)

Okay so you nailed me on one point.  All my other views are now false too?  Great job sir.

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Okay so you nailed me on one point.  All my other views are now false too?  Great job sir.

Really not much different than finding a couple of isolated cases where a white cop unjustifiably shot a black citizen and then creating the "perception" that there is an epidemic of those type shootings taking place in our country, right?

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Really not much different than finding a couple of isolated cases where a white cop unjustifiably shot a black citizen and then creating the "perception" that there is an epidemic of those type shootings taking place in our country, right?

a couple ...HA!  The perception of epidemic is skewed though.

2 hours ago, Remmus said:

Where do you see "all of them had it coming"? He said "handled appropriately" which means lawful. There is a huge difference. It is hard to take you seriously with such reasoning skills. 

2 hours ago, Remmus said:

No, the legal system overwhelmingly favors the accused and unfortunately for many people, that includes police officers accused also. 

Use of force does favor the police as well it should. A person does not have any right to resist, assault or flee from an officer. Police and citizen interactions are generally not with consent meaning you have no rights to resist in any manner as listed previously and it doesn't matter if you don't like or don't trust the police. It doesn't matter if the police are talking to a family member or good friend. You cannot lawfully interfere. The laws have to give officers that authority or all law enforcement becomes voluntary.  You can fight them in court, not on the side of the road. Many times the US Supreme Court is split 5-4 on cases but there are many 7-2, 8-1 and 9-0 rulings favoring the police. Safety is not a liberal or conservative issue.  The Court realizes that officers and the public are endangered when that authority is not given or upheld. 

You will find that the Court often goes against officers in questions of detention, searches, etc., and on some occasions by those same wide votes. The rulings against officers is not uncommon on searches and seizures but is uncommon on uses of force in self defense.  It is simple and stated all the time. When the police order you to do something, comply. You can get a lawyer and fight them later but in face to face contacts you are correct, the laws heavily favor the police and that is the way it should be. 

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

No, the legal system overwhelmingly favors the accused and unfortunately for many people, that includes police officers accused also. 

Use of force does favor the police as well it should. A person does not have any right to resist, assault or flee from an officer. Police and citizen interactions are generally not with consent meaning you have no rights to resist in any manner as listed previously and it doesn't matter if you don't like or don't trust the police. It doesn't matter if the police are talking to a family member or good friend. You cannot lawfully interfere. The laws have to give officers that authority or all law enforcement becomes voluntary.  You can fight them in court, not on the side of the road. Many times the US Supreme Court is split 5-4 on cases but there are many 7-2, 8-1 and 9-0 rulings favoring the police. Safety is not a liberal or conservative issue.  The Court realizes that officers and the public are endangered when that authority is not given or upheld. 

You will find that the Court often goes against officers in questions of detention, searches, etc., and on some occasions by those same wide votes. The rulings against officers is not uncommon on searches and seizures but is uncommon on uses of force in self defense.  It is simple and stated all the time. When the police order you to do something, comply. You can get a lawyer and fight them later but in face to face contacts you are correct, the laws heavily favor the police and that is the way it should be. 

That favoritism can lead to belief of being more protected/justified than the people you serve.  What ever happened to community policing?

4 minutes ago, Remmus said:

That favoritism can lead to belief of being more protected/justified than the people you serve.  What ever happened to community policing?

Let me see- hmmm- you advocate "community" policing but favor one single police department for the golden triangle?  How interesting.