60 Minutes Wonders Why Chicago Police Doing Less

Hagar

6 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I'd agree that people will rush to judgement without knowing the all the facts (like what happened before the camera started).  .............

On this website and on Facebook there was a big debate over a Westbrook coach and his actions by putting a camera in a locker room. I made many comments on the issue and have yet to make any judgment. The reason is that I have no clue what happened. 

I cited the law which was often misquoted by people (including a couple of attorneys) and gave my opinion on what it might take to be a violation. I did not make a single post on guilt or innocence. From that case as an example, I saw plenty of opinions on both sides of the issue and in most cases wonder why other than they "wanted" him to be one way or the other. 

54 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I'd agree that people will rush to judgement without knowing the all the facts (like what happened before the camera started).  I place a higher burden on a trained officer to exercise discretion and seek to use the least amount of force necessary.  On flipside I think there's some that believe if you ever question a cop you're some sorta communist...lol.  I still wonder what would of happened if some of these incidents weren't caught on video or dash cams.  The perp really has no chance of refuting a cops testimony.

Your comment, "to use the least amount of force necessary", is what the lady Officer did in Chicago, and now she has neurological problems.  Had she shot the guy, as he deserved for attacking her, that permanent damage could have been prevented.  Once again, they often only have a split second to decide.  In most cases, the lizard part of our brain will demand self preservation.  

And in virtually all the high profile cases, starting with MB, simple compliance with the Officers demands would have prevented everyone of those folks being killed.  But you can't fix stupid.

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Your comment, "to use the least amount of force necessary", is what the lady Officer did in Chicago, and now she has neurological problems.  Had she shot the guy, as he deserved for attacking her, that permanent damage could have been prevented.  Once again, they often only have a split second to decide.  In most cases, the lizard part of our brain will demand self preservation.  

And in virtually all the high profile cases, starting with MB, simple compliance with the Officers demands would have prevented everyone of those folks being killed.  But you can't fix stupid.

Well put ...but not all of these cases are cured by compliance.  Some were shot before they could say hi.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

How many law enforcement officers were ambushed this year that never go the chance to say "Hi"?

You're 100% right and that was WRONG.  What need to do is not look at it as us vs them.  "if you kill 5 of mine, then I'll kill 100 of yours."  That's how southern family feuds start (Hatfields and McCoys) and how the crips and bloods operate ...as well as drug cartels.

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

You're 100% right and that was WRONG.  What need to do is not look at it as us vs them.  "if you kill 5 of mine, then I'll kill 100 of yours."  That's how southern family feuds start (Hatfields and McCoys) and how the crips and bloods operate ...as well as drug cartels.

The police don't look at it like that.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The police don't look at it like that.

Come on RaiderFan. what the police think doesnt matter.  We need to continue with this harmonious narrative that, among the peace officers in this country, there is a wide spread intention to kill black people whenever possible for no reason.  Even though statistically, it is VERY MINISCULE, it is important to shape the thinking of the American people to believe otherwise.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Come on RaiderFan. what the police think doesnt matter.  We need to continue with this harmonious narrative that, among the peace officers in this country, there is a wide spread intention to kill black people whenever possible for no reason.  Even though statistically, it is VERY MINISCULE, it is important to shape the thinking of the American people to believe otherwise.

Sad, but true.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Sad, but true.

I agree that 10 or is 20 African Americans being killed by cops n caught on video has turned into a bit of a civil rights movement.  A reaction was warranted but these aren't the same cops that turned a blind eye to Lynch mobs up through the 1960's. Times are different.  You guys go after BLM like ppl went after organizations in the 60's.  "They should shut up n stop causing trouble."  Let's pray all the deaths (cops and civilians) and protests lead to a better America.  Also let's keep in mind the law abiding, God fearing, hard working minorities that have good kids that can be instantly labeled thugs by the clothes they wear or music they listen to.  We need to protect those kids just as much as the police.  Yeah, those kids do exist in large numbers. The evil liberal media focuses its time showing one segment of African Americans that are poor uneducated and friggin out of control. Those same fools are glamourized in rap music. They make it hard for the good people you work with that love this country and are doing the right thing. 

4 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I agree that 10 or is 20 African Americans being killed by cops n caught on video has turned into a bit of a civil rights movement.  A reaction was warranted but these aren't the same cops that turned a blind eye to Lynch mobs up through the 1960's. Times are different.  You guys go after BLM like ppl went after organizations in the 60's.  "They should shut up n stop causing trouble."  Let's pray all the deaths (cops and civilians) and protests lead to a better America.  Also let's keep in mind the law abiding, God fearing, hard working minorities that have good kids that can be instantly labeled thugs by the clothes the wear or music they listen to.  We need to protect those kids just as much as the police.  Yeah, those kids do exist in large numbers. The evil liberal media focuses its time showing one segment of African Americans that are poor uneducated and friggin out of control. Those same fools are glamourized in rap music. They make it hard for the good people you work with that love this country and are doing the right thing. 

Spin it how you want...folks are free to protest all they want, whether someone else thinks it is right or wrong.

But when you promote and/or perpetrate violence, you've crossed the line.

BLM has done just that.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Spin it how you want...folks are free to protest all they want, whether someone else thinks it is right or wrong.

But when you promote and/or perpetrate violence, you've crossed the line.

BLM has done just that.

Any idiot can join a protest and start spewing -ish. Quannel X n his buddies could jump in a BLM protest n chant "death to whitey" on video before being hushed. We saw the same with the infiltration of the Tea Party. The wack jobs jump in and the whole group gets unfairly labeled. 

16 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Did the Tea Party chant "what do we want?  Dead cops. When do we want it? Now?

How many American deaths are attributable to the tea party?

16 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Did the Tea Party chant "what do we want?  Dead cops. When do we want it? Now?

How many American deaths are attributable to the tea party?

My point is any fool can shout things at a protest and the entire group gets the blame.  You're blaming BLM but the arses shouting cop hate could be the same ones that come to start a riot. What about the BLM that met with law enforcement and help work through issues?

42 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Any idiot can join a protest and start spewing -ish. Quannel X n his buddies could jump in a BLM protest n chant "death to whitey" on video before being hushed. We saw the same with the infiltration of the Tea Party. The wack jobs jump in and the whole group gets unfairly labeled. 

You are not a newbie. Can't place you just yet, but newbies don't jump into all the conversations you have and argue the same points without having been on this forum before. It has been done before, espcially with people who have been banned.

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

You are not a newbie. Can't place you just yet, but newbies don't jump into all the conversations you have and argue the same points without having been on this forum before. It has been done before, espcially with people who have been banned.

I'm a noob.  Ask REPgb.  I'm a political junkie.  I assume those that were banned were vicious and attacked other members.  I've done none of that.  I assume I come from a different part of the country and walk of life than most members here.  Quit trying to peg me as SuperSupremeBLMLiberal to diminish my views.  I know it's tempting to want to label and dismiss.  That's the easy route.

46 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I'm a noob.  Ask REPgb.  I'm a political junkie.  I assume those that were banned were vicious and attacked other members.  I've done none of that.  I assume I come from a different part of the country and walk of life than most members here.  Quit trying to peg me as SuperSupremeBLMLiberal to diminish my views.  I know it's tempting to want to label and dismiss.  That's the easy route.

I'm curious as to how you vehemently try to label yourself as a centrist, then spout practically every talking point from the Lefty handbook, then accuse most on this board of drinking too much of the Righty Kool-Aid that has clouded our judgement, then get highly defensive when you get labelled. That screams far Lefty, despite your protests.

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm curious as to how you vehemently try to label yourself as a centrist, then spout practically every talking point from the Lefty handbook, then accuse most on this board of drinking too much of the Righty Kool-Aid that has clouded our judgement, then get highly defensive when you get labelled. That screams far Lefty, despite your protests.

vehemently?  No, just stated.  I have some views from the left handbook.  So?  There are some that drink too hard from the conservative pond IN MY Opinion.  I still like to read and exchange thoughts and respect your views.

21 minutes ago, Remmus said:

vehemently?  No, just stated.  I have some views from the left handbook.  So?  There are some that drink too hard from the conservative pond IN MY Opinion.  I still like to read and exchange thoughts and respect your views.

This forum will continue, and feel free to interject your views anytime you like. But stating that anyone that disagrees with your viewpoint is drunk on the Righty Kool-Aid dispensed by Fox News is not really an exchange of thoughts and ideas. 

7 minutes ago, Englebert said:

This forum will continue, and feel free to interject your views anytime you like. But stating that anyone that disagrees with your viewpoint is drunk on the Righty Kool-Aid dispensed by Fox News is not really an exchange of thoughts and ideas. 

Point taken.  I'll back it up.  

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Sure does sound like he's very "enlightened", doesn't he?  :)

18 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Sure does sound like he's very "enlightened", doesn't he?  :)

You guys crack me up.  It comes off as if there's only one person that could accept some liberal views in all of this forum's history.  "Oh that's just SupremeEnlightedWhateverdaheck.  He's crazy.  Dismiss."  I have no way of proving I'm not this person.  All I can say is you come off weak for going there.

2 minutes ago, Remmus said:

You guys crack me up.  It comes off as if there's only one person that could accept some liberal views in all of this forum's history.  "Oh that's just SupremeEnlightedWhateverdaheck.  He's crazy.  Dismiss."  I have no way of proving I'm not this person.  All I can say is you come off weak for going there.

OK, if you say so.