Best Team in all of 4A?

robanadana

46 minutes ago, kicker said:

It is entertaining watching you(as in Gilmer folk) and Celina fans getting after it. Makes for a good read. Lol

I read all that stuff to on Smoaky but I don't post. It's kinda like my Daddy can whip you Daddy crap. Now several guys on the Downlow I go back and forth with but it's all in fun because I have met them and actually friends with a couple. You guys and girls don't take anything I say to heart cause I'm certainly not over here to pee in anyone's Post Toasties!!!! 

The Wos fans are some(not all) a little over the top.......but that's ok. You have built something to be proud of. Just remember.......all good things come to an end.......and I hope it's comes crashing down Dec. 16th. Not because I don't like WOS........ because I like my team better!!!!

2 hours ago, losteraussie said:

I read all that stuff to on Smoaky but I don't post. It's kinda like my Daddy can whip you Daddy crap. Now several guys on the Downlow I go back and forth with but it's all in fun because I have met them and actually friends with a couple. You guys and girls don't take anything I say to heart cause I'm certainly not over here to pee in anyone's Post Toasties!!!! 

The Wos fans are some(not all) a little over the top.......but that's ok. You have built something to be proud of. Just remember.......all good things come to an end.......and I hope it's comes crashing down Dec. 16th. Not because I don't like WOS........ because I like my team better!!!!

fair enough

12 hours ago, losteraussie said:

Oh come on now, I seem to remember everyone (including here) proclaiming 2014 Gilmer to be God's gift to football. And they pretty much were! But, the consensus was basically that WOS shouldn't bother showing up for that game. So for 2016 WOS fans to be seen as over the top is pretty funny!

Although I will say there are a few fans who go a little far with the "WO-S could win 5A" nonsense. While I'm appreciative that WO-S does still beat 5A teams regularly, I think some fans may be remembering the old 4A days, not recognizing that beating schools 3x our size isn't the norm. Anyway, I'll take another shot at the 4A D2 title over any of those hypothetical scenarios. 

On 11/26/2016 at 4:44 AM, TrojanMoJo said:

Defense wins Championships!!!

I meant my earlier post to say Kirbvyille Wildcats!!!.

This defense is amazing I have seen them. They reckless pursue the football.  I dont see anyone from this point on scoring more than 17 points.  That is if they are luck enough to score.  I hope to see them again Friday night depending upon the weather.

22 hours ago, losteraussie said:

No problem. If WO-S makes it to the title game, we can save a seat for you on our side at AT&T since you really want to sit there. :)

56 minutes ago, griff said:

No problem. If WO-S makes it to the title game, we can save a seat for you on our side at AT&T since you really want to sit there. :)

Oh, I knew before we got to the game you were bringing this up. One of my absolute worst blunders EVER!!! My wife was so freaking mad at me!!! Ahhhhh good times.

3 hours ago, losteraussie said:

Oh, I knew before we got to the game you were bringing this up. One of my absolute worst blunders EVER!!! My wife was so freaking mad at me!!! Ahhhhh good times.

Unhhh hunhh, so that's where you were in the state game!  I knew sumpin' fishy was goin' on when I didn't see you...

FWIW, I would love to have a chance to see a rematch of 2014.  I just hope we can hope up our end of the bargain.

8 minutes ago, blackflag said:

Unhhh hunhh, so that's where you were in the state game!  I knew sumpin' fishy was goin' on when I didn't see you...

FWIW, I would love to have a chance to see a rematch of 2014.  I just hope we can hope up our end of the bargain.

I had the 4 best seats in the whole stadium. Unfortunately they were on WOS side and I had to go back around to the other side. 

2 minutes ago, losteraussie said:

I had the 4 best seats in the whole stadium. Unfortunately they were on WOS side and I had to go back around to the other side. 

Hahaha..., I remember you telling me about that.  That was funny.  You gave them the pregame mojo that lasted until halftime, then once that mojo followed you back to our side it was all Gilmer.

Do me a favor.  Make sure this year, if we are fortunate enough to make it there, that you will KNOW which side to sit on!  LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 7:46 PM, Goblin said:

La Vega beat Argyle by 2  points  last year,  Celina beat Argyle handily and WOS beat Celina so I beg to differ 

You can't go by who beat who. It's all about match ups. Lavega had just as much talent as WOS if not more last year. Would have been a helluva game and I think Lavega would have won by 7. Good luck in state thus year though. 

15 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

You can't go by who beat who. It's all about match ups. Lavega had just as much talent as WOS if not more last year. Would have been a helluva game and I think Lavega would have won by 7. Good luck in state thus year though. 

Y'all, too.  Big Country says that they are going home with 2 4A titles.  I'd like both of those titles to stay on the east side of the State.

6 hours ago, ctown81 said:

If WOS wins they will be the best in 4A. I think Carthage would have a shot against them but that's more of my homerism than common sense. 

The only argument against that is the fact that Carthage barely escaped Silsbee. WOS beat them without much difficulty but you can't really go off that.