PNG vs College Station?

Tj yellow jacket

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

Just read on a ....website, rolleyes, a person that supposed to be bias is all in their feelings because some fans feel a certain way about BF...dude wake up, close lips and just do your job...you know who you are smh...

Reporting on football, even in opinion pieces, is exactly his job. I can't think of some other job that he is supposed to be doing. 

7 minutes ago, l'Acadien Violet et Blanc said:

Reporting on football, even in opinion pieces, is exactly his job. I can't think of some other job that he is supposed to be doing. 

Showing its his team by saying he is a homer. Media is supposed to be somewhat bias. He dont go to bat like that for the home team. Also writing about message board banter is an amateur move. Report about the games and try and get the stats right cause it's some wrong numbers from the PAM  game. It's 5 teams from the triangle in the playoffs. There is plenty to talk about besides a fans opinion on a message board.

College Station (12-0)
Opponent (Opponent Record)
CE King (1-9), W 56-7
Killeen Shoemaker (0-10), W 61-14
St. Thomas (5-6), W 49-14
Pflugerville (3-7), W 65-7
Bryan (6-6), W 65-7
University (0-10), W 70-6
A&M Consolidated (8-3), W 23-14
Rudder (2-7), W 48-0
Waco (5-5), W 48-0
Temple (9-3), W 17-16
Whitehouse (6-5), W 51-14
Magnolia (10-2), W 63-25

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

Showing its his team by saying he is a homer. Media is supposed to be somewhat bias. He dont go to bat like that for the home team. Also writing about message board banter is an amateur move. Report about the games and try and get the stats right cause it's some wrong numbers from the PAM  game. It's 5 teams from the triangle in the playoffs. There is plenty to talk about besides a fans opinion on a message board.

What do you mean "bias"? Do you mean that media is supposed to be biased, or that media is supposed to be unbiased? I do agree that if reporting responded too heavily to online forum discussions, the quality of the journalism would go down. But the moving signs in BF's yard did not happen online. Granted, that event happened a year ago, but I think it was serious enough to merit continual reminders of how stupid and boneheaded it was. I also think that Coach Harrison has not faced as much criticism (except from you, ironically) as BF, outside of this forum. People call Harrison "Xbox", etc, but people have been talking about BF being in the hot seat for YEARS, based only on his record against Nederland. If there is any emphasis in reporting about PNG/Nederland, I think it has more to do with the fact that Mid-County Madness is considered to be an interesting rivalry, with a compelling story and large community significance. For better or for worse, PAM doesn't have such a rivalry -- That is a shame. It is a young school with an old history. Maybe PNG/PAM, Nederland/PAM will develop into a rivalry over the years. In any case, I don't think anyone but you is mistaken as to the communities that the PANews serves. Newspapers look at coverage area, not the name on the top of the page. PANews covers Sabine Pass, Port Arthur, Port Neches, Nederland, maybe more. Port Arthur is not the "home" team. Port Arthur is "a" team in a pretty large coverage area. I would also be curious to know which communities have the most subscriptions to the PANews. If enough readers are in Groves, Nederland, and Port Neches, it shouldn't be a surprise that the stories posted are proportional to readership demographics. I personally enjoy reading every story about all the teams, including PA. I live away now, and it is one of the only ways I can keep up, aside from this site. I'm cheering for Port Arthur next week, as is everyone else, as far as I can tell.  

Over all records for the teams CS has beaten by a wide margin were not that good, other than Magnolia , they slipped by Temple and  A&M Consolidated,   A lot of losing records or .500 teams played, not saying PNG wins, they are the underdog, but think it will be much closer than what some may think. Think a healthy PNG team would be the best team CS will face this year,  Don't know the status on any of the injuries, they will need some depth, if they do have some depth back and some fresh legs, they have as good a chance as anyone to pull out the win. 

11 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Shug and the freshman kid have played before together when they were younger just as he and Hughes did as well. I think that familiarity will help take pressure off of him. 21 impressed everyone, including the coaches, they trust him. Shug trusts him. That makes things alot easier and who knows, we may get a McZeal sighting this friday. Go Tribe keep it rolling

Those were the good old days. My son was on that team as well. When I heard it was Gavin that was the Freshman ya'll brought up, I  knew fans were going to be in for an eye opening experience. 

19 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Not sure how a thread relating to the upcoming PNG/CollegeStation game became a PNG/PAM urinating contest.

PAM won that game, Gabe wrote a piece on BF's record and both teams are in the 3rd Round. Move on...

i was defending the PNG poster. then comes tarzan swinging in on gabe's ...well lets just say swung in and started all that stuff.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Those were the good old days. My son was on that team as well. When I heard it was Gavin that was the Freshman ya'll brought up, I  knew fans were going to be in for an eye opening experience. 

Those were the good ole days buddy. All but 2 of the sophomores on varsity were on those teams along with Gavin. Add the other talented kids in and they wonder why we were in the Super Bowl so many years. Times like those are fun to reminisce about.

I'm not going to lie I've been unhappy with the defensive philosophy since Kroeker was let go. My youngest played for him. He was let go because he wanted to play hard nose defense and wasn't given the players. They were wanted on offense and defense was changed to bend but don't break style. Play DB's 20 yards off ball and try to score more points than your opponent. Special Teams have been a Achilles heal for many years.

I made a comment about defensive coach but he's the product of the system. I think Faircloth is a good coach but he's still getting schooled by other coaches and clock management. I have always supported him, but the program is getting political again like the last few years with Burnett.

Like I said above my son started for 2 years during his first 2 years and feels the same way.

2 hours ago, PNGFan said:

I'm not going to lie I've been unhappy with the defensive philosophy since Kroeker was let go. My youngest played for him. He was let go because he wanted to play hard nose defense and wasn't given the players. They were wanted on offense and defense was changed to bend but don't break style. Play DB's 20 yards off ball and try to score more points than your opponent. Special Teams have been a Achilles heal for many years.

I made a comment about defensive coach but he's the product of the system. I think Faircloth is a good coach but he's still getting schooled by other coaches and clock management. I have always supported him, but the program is getting political again like the last few years with Burnett.

Like I said above my son started for 2 years during his first 2 years and feels the same way.

I assure you this is not why Kroeker was let go. Getting rid of Kroeker was the beat thing BF ever did!

5 hours ago, pakronos said:

i was defending the PNG poster. then comes tarzan swinging in on gabe's ...well lets just say swung in and started all that stuff.

I'm sorry. I honestly didn't see my post as being confrontational. Did you see where I agreed with you, and rooted for PAM at the end? In my defense, you came on a PNG game thread to gripe about news reporting, which seems to be your favorite subject, aside from ripping on the PAM coach. I'm not sure how sharing my opinion respectfully counts as "starting" anything.

I am not defending Gabe -- I don't know him, except in that I enjoy reading the sports pages online, and he can defend himself. My only motivation in saying anything is 1) I, enjoy talking about local sports and 2) I think you are wrong on the subject at hand -- And that's ok. We don't have to agree. 

I think we can all agree that we are lucky to have local sports writers who care about their subject. Have you read any of the Houston-area high school football coverage? It's abysmal. 

Finally, I am surprised the moderators didn't come down on you after your last comment -- You seem to have insinuated very offensive and sexual imagery in regards to not one, but two, other forum members, which is as rude as it is insulting. If I'm misunderstanding that, I apologize. If I'm not misunderstanding, and I don't think I am, you are super out of line, as far as forum rules go. 

But, seriously, good luck to the Titans this week. 

18 hours ago, pakronos said:

Just read on a ....website, rolleyes, a person that supposed to be bias is all in their feelings because some fans feel a certain way about BF...dude wake up, close lips and just do your job...you know who you are smh...

It's called an opinion piece. It's not a news story. I get paid to have a voice and to give an educated view into my teams. 

But who am I kidding, your the guy who doesn't want Vincent to touch the ball on offense. Didn't he score again yesterday?

I think png can get it done but the bend but don't break defensive philosophy isn't going to get it done against College Station Magnolia had good success putting pressure on Perez the qb for college station but when they didn't put pressure on him he churned up yards I think png will get points on offense I just hope Johnson spreads the ball around and try not to do too much on his own

6 minutes ago, l'Acadien Violet et Blanc said:

Why are the peewee uniforms so much better than the varsity uniforms?

I don't have that answer t, but what I do have is cold beer and football and that's the answer to any Sunday question IMO