PNG vs College Station?

Tj yellow jacket

after the state finals I had a girlfriend and my cuz riding with me it was stone cold quiet all the way till about Beaumont when one of them asked me if I was mad. My reply was I wasn't mad that we lost, I was mad because I always wanted to see PNG in a title game and it just happened and I was pissed that the ride was over and would only be a memory now, such is life!!! I cant see myself ever not being a PNG fan I am hard on the defense because they set the bar in that year. The level of talent we had was unreal, two 1000 yard rushers, 3000 yard passer, Defense that flew by the seat of their pants, Whipping the #9 ranked Ned Bulldogs by a tune of 31-8, crushing Lamarque 22-8 and the funnest playoff run for 6 weeks, Priceless!!

3 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

after the state finals I had a girlfriend and my cuz riding with me it was stone cold quiet all the way till about Beaumont when one of them asked me if I was mad. My reply was I wasn't mad that we lost, I was mad because I always wanted to see PNG in a title game and it just happened and I was pissed that the ride was over and would only be a memory now, such is life!!! I cant see myself ever not being a PNG fan I am hard on the defense because they set the bar in that year. The level of talent we had was unreal, two 1000 yard rushers, 3000 yard passer, Defense that flew by the seat of their pants, Whipping the #9 ranked Ned Bulldogs by a tune of 31-8, crushing Lamarque 22-8 and the funnest playoff run for 6 weeks, Priceless!!

I remember the 1975 State Run just as clear as the 1999 run. Great memories.

Time for these 2016 Indians to make new memories.  So proud of THE PLAYERS, COACHES & FANS!!! 

NEVER WILL COUNT OUT THOSE PNG INDIANS IN A FOOTBALL PLAYOFF GAME!!!

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

You have no idea how much I pray for this for my Pirates...just once in my lifetime.

Guest Aledoalumni

Being an Aledo fan I have kinda kept an eye out for CS since they could be an opponent. From what I have noticed is they have a solid defense and a duel threat QB. I listened to the Magnolia game and it seemed like Magnolia passed on them easily on the first series then they just got shut down. Not sure what their stats are but hope that helps somewhat. They came out to a slow start the game before and it was tight going into the 4th if I remember correctly. I do know they are certainly beatable and hope the best for PNG.

8 minutes ago, NDNWarrior said:

I think PNG is going to surprise a lot of people.  The players, coaches, community are pumped like I haven't seen in a long time.   PNG always plays well in Baytown. I feel good about this game and PNG coming out with the "W!"

Scalp 'em, Indians!

Hope you're right purple brother...hope you're right. One thing about it, everyone is legit now. No more candy games.

This is a good team.  Every team in the 3rd round is a good team.  And every team is beatable by their opponent.  I've been following the Texas State playoffs since WOS won in '86.  I would bet that every winning coach would say that it's all about will and belief at this point forward.  

Make the block, catch the pass, break that tackle and wrap him up.  A turnover or a lucky play will bring PNG to the QFinals.  Let's go boys.  

Let's go!   Scalp Em! 

College Station (12-0)
Opponent (Opponent Record)
CE King (1-9), W 56-7
Killeen Shoemaker (0-10), W 61-14
St. Thomas (5-6), W 49-14
Pflugerville (3-7), W 65-7
Bryan (6-6), W 65-7
University (0-10), W 70-6
A&M Consolidated (8-3), W 23-14
Rudder (2-7), W 48-0
Waco (5-5), W 48-0
Temple (9-3), W 17-16
Whitehouse (6-5), W 51-14
Magnolia (10-2), W 63-25

I would say we have a good chance at beating them. Looking at what they have done against teams with bad records and the two teams with winning records. I feel good about the Indians getting it done this week!!! GO INDIANS 

7 hours ago, Tj yellow jacket said:

College Station (12-0)
Opponent (Opponent Record)
CE King (1-9), W 56-7
Killeen Shoemaker (0-10), W 61-14
St. Thomas (5-6), W 49-14
Pflugerville (3-7), W 65-7
Bryan (6-6), W 65-7
University (0-10), W 70-6
A&M Consolidated (8-3), W 23-14
Rudder (2-7), W 48-0
Waco (5-5), W 48-0
Temple (9-3), W 17-16
Whitehouse (6-5), W 51-14
Magnolia (10-2), W 63-25

I would say we have a good chance at beating them. Looking at what they have done against teams with bad records and the two teams with winning records. I feel good about the Indians getting it done this week!!! GO INDIANS 

College Station Cougar Club website states that they have 2 ways for fans to go watch the Cougars beat the Indians on Friday Night.  I wonder how many ways the depressed Cougar fans have to get home after their loss.