*Woodville AD/HC Job Search*

BigBlue

hopefully Deweyville's AD Bickham will apply and GET the job. He has a year and a half left on his contract and is already looking. He came to Deweyville and coached a group of kids that have been playing together since PeeWee football. He came in and made a reputation off of the hardwork of other coaches and the talent of a group of kids that was destined to be winners.He never intended on staying in Deweyville very long anyway. His kids never came to our school and they never participated in anything with our kids. So that tells me he was never fully commited to our students, athletes, school or community.

It's ashame BC didn't pick him. Hopefully he will apply somewhere else and they will take him. Alot of us would love to see him go.

hopefully Deweyville's AD Bickham will apply and GET the job. He has a year and a half left on his contract and is already looking. He came to Deweyville and coached a group of kids that have been playing together since PeeWee football. He came in and made a reputation off of the hardwork of other coaches and the talent of a group of kids that was destined to be winners.He never intended on staying in Deweyville very long anyway. His kids never came to our school and they never participated in anything with our kids. So that tells me he was never fully commited to our students, athletes, school or community.

It's ashame BC didn't pick him. Hopefully he will apply somewhere else and they will take him. Alot of us would love to see him go.

Once again another poster that has to hide behind a screen name!  You can't blame the man for trying to move up in his job!  You should be thanking this man for bringing some pride back to your school!  You guys should also be thanking BC for allowing you to keep him for now!

I know he is doing a good job. Keep up the good work.

Volleyball- not sure of record

Football-2nd year in a row Playoffs

Girls Basketball-Playoffs

Boy Basketball- won 3 times as many district games than year before.

Girls and Boys Powerlifting- Regionals

Cross Country- Regionals

Track- in process

Baseball-in process

Softball-in process

This is not a bad year for a program. All the Coaches at Deweyville have worked hard to help our kids get better. I'm sure not all will be happy but our kids have got better in almost every sport. We have a offseason program that is a good one. Our kids have taken PRIDE in themselves and school. This is what it is all about. To the young women and men in this program at Deweyville you will always have my respect. I wish you all great success in school and life. Help build a program not tear it down. I'm not getting on anyone here I just respect our kids and coaches and wish them all great success!

Champion my name is Rick Hyman for the record.

(russell ath)  YOU guessed wrong. My son started every game. I agree Bickham is a good football coach, but there's more to being a AD than winning football games. There are more sports than just football. If you are on the outside looking in and go by what you read in the paper, yea everything sounds great. If you have a stundent and/or athelete at Deweyville, you have some insight outsiders don't have.

It's ashame that some other posters have to resort to name calling our town. Pride is something that has to come from within a person. If you get on the field, court or in the ring, etc....and you give it 110% you should always be proud to be who you are. Team spirit and team pride is something that should go hand and hand. Win or lose people should be able to take pride in themselves and their school. This MAN did not bring pride back to our school. He, the assistant coaches, the team and the fans helped make this a successful season. No one person, coach or player makes or breaks a team.

One man dont make a team but they can make a huge impact. Bickham once coached my son that is out of school now(another district) and he was great with the kids and a positive influence, I dont know all of his assts. but the ones I know are first class men.Keep up the good work Pirates.

I am glad Coach Bickham is still in Deweyville!!!  He may not plz everyone in the stands but he is teaching our kids the game of football and self respect and responsibility all at the same time.  And as far as the comments about him coming into a program that has been taught and guided by other coaches...you tell me of a successfull program ...in any sport... that does not have years of good coaching  and/or little league programs where the athletes are playing and learning together. Success doesnt come in one year for any coach..good or bad..there are a lot of different aspects that contribute to a succesful program.. With that said...did you see the Pirates winning in the past?  NO!!  You need to look at what we have had in the past and thank your lucky stars your son got to play on a winning team.  I think that the leadership of Bickham and the coaches he  has chosen  ( and yes that is his right to do that) to assist him led us to where we are today!!  Go Pirates  and Thank You Coach Bickham!!

Guest ECBucFan

Woodville has a lot of potential. They have the athletes. It would be a great place for a coach to land. Real good things could happen.

Ecbucfan,

Our offense will be great next year Justin did great, but his O-line had alot to do with it Our o-line average weight is under 180Ibs we only have one lineman that weighs over 200 pounds there all fast all of them run under 5 in the 40. except 1 we only lost 1 senior on the o-line this year.

Next year we will have Stephen gibson (#24) as our running back look for him to do great next year! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin