Potential Texas Football Coaching Search

UTfanatic

20 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

If Texas fires Strong, they better pray they don't let Herman get away. Would be awful embarrassing to have him decline to stay in Houston/Go to any other school.Oh well, maybe we could get Saban or Meyer.

Or We get Herman and he doesn't pan out while Charlie goes and Prospers at LSU or something ....ahhhhh this a a difficult situation 

20 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

It is. If I knew Herman would take the job, it would be easier to fathom. The idea we could fire Strong, miss Herman, and end up with something that starts this whole thing over again, is what's troubling. Make sure Herman is the guy.

Herman wants the Texas job. He has been very open about it in the past.

This is the hidden content, please

I would take a chance.

I would gladly take Herman over Strong's fourth year. 

IMO 

Herman >> Strong

If Herman was coaching 2016 Horns, we would already be at eight wins!

Maybe there was a reason Strong didn't get HC got for quite a while. Herman in much younger. 

horns up and Hookem

22 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

It is. If I knew Herman would take the job, it would be easier to fathom. The idea we could fire Strong, miss Herman, and end up with something that starts this whole thing over again, is what's troubling. Make sure Herman is the guy.

The "if" is not the problem if we want him and act before he bolts somewhere else.  He's made no secret among his confidant's that UT is the job he most covets. 

19 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Better hop on him before the Ags do, gotta feeling Sumlin aint far behind.

He will be back.  Guaranteed.  25 million in buyout and support of that great administration.  50/50 though on an extension after the big win today over UT.  Well UTSA but still banner worthy in aggy land since it starts with UT...

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

He will be back.  Guaranteed.  25 million in buyout and support of that great administration.  50/50 though on an extension after the big win today over UT.  Well UTSA but still banner worthy in aggy land since it starts with UT...

A&M is an annual October dumpster fire under Sumlin,  cant compare em to UT since they play in the holy land of the SEC West.   The country expects more

55 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

That's racist.  If he was white he would have gotten 4 years.  Al & Jesse are headed to the 40 acres with their dildos as I type.  

We all know aggy is a leader in civil rights movements.  But you Gomers should worry less about what big brother is doing and more about locking Sumblin up for another 5 years or so before one of those NFL teams finally comes calling!

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

We all know aggy is a leader in civil rights movements.  But you Gomers should worry less about what big brother is doing and more about locking Sumblin up for another 5 years or so before one of those NFL teams finally comes calling!

I'm just worried about another coaching search that I'll have to tell my grandkids about.   This is getting to be a lot to remember.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm just worried about another coaching search that I'll have to tell my grandkids about.   This is getting to be a lot to remember.

Just remember Sumblin.   Sorry S - U - M - L - I - N.   You don't have to be able to get Into UT to remember 6 little letters.  You can tell them about the great winning percentage despite being in the SEC (leave out the cupcake schedules - they don't need to know that).  Tell them about the glorious Septembers.   Tell them about the awesomeness of the 12th Man and that you aggys never really lose, you just run out of time (especially back when you had to play daddy Longhorns).  

I know it hurts, Sport.  It hurts real bad.  But all will better soon.  Well, probably going to be the same as it always was cause you chose Gomer. And,,,wait for it,,,,

you DO get to go bowling again!!  That's gotta be worth something right?!?!?!?!

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is the weirdest post on this board today, and for that, I offer you a firm handshake and a butterscotch hard candy.