Potential Texas Football Coaching Search

UTfanatic

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Just something I was thinking about

Why do we eant Herman so bad at Texas to the point we don't seem to even wanna go through the interview process? ?

Strong had a "Way"stronger resume then Herman does when we hired him..why do we just think he's the "One" ..Maybe the administration will do the right thing and find ther ight fit just the fans and media making it seem like then the clock hits zero Saturday Herman is getting a call 

No he did not have a stronger resume!

Herman has done things at UH that Strong could never do at Louisville 

Horns up and Hookem 

1 minute ago, UTfanatic said:

No he did not have a stronger resume!

Herman has done things at UH that Strong could never do at Louisville 

Horns up and Hookem 

Hmm Idk about that..and I'm taking about Strong whole resume including NC at Florida with the best Defense. Undefeated season with top recruiting classes at Louisville. .I think Strongs resume was better but that's just my opinion. .

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Hmm Idk about that..and I'm taking about Strong whole resume including NC at Florida with the best Defense. Undefeated season with top recruiting classes at Louisville. .I think Strongs resume was better but that's just my opinion. .

So maybe there is a reason his resume as a coordinator was so good and no one would hire him as HC until Louisville?

huh!

16 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

So maybe there is a reason his resume as a coordinator was so good and no one would hire him as HC until Louisville?

huh!

Even then he was a great coach at Louisville. ..he was successful every season . Matter fact he did what Herman couldn't do, which is  come off a great season and do even better the  next while being hyped up and win a Big time bowl game (Sugar Bowl)...

Look I'm not here to argue or say who's better cause i want Texas to get back to its national power status..just wanted to know why everyone thinks Herman is the saviour when they have other coaches out their just as deserving 

It wouldn't surprise me a bit that if Texas beats TCU this week that Strong stays at Texas. Don't know how you do that, but I just have a funny feeling it will happen. I'm also not so sold on Herman as being the next coach at Texas. I mean is 2 years enough to be able to tell how good a coach someone is? Especially at Houston. Heck he won the first year with another coaches recruits basically.

14 minutes ago, CRUSHCOACH said:

It wouldn't surprise me a bit that if Texas beats TCU this week that Strong stays at Texas. Don't know how you do that, but I just have a funny feeling it will happen. I'm also not so sold on Herman as being the next coach at Texas. I mean is 2 years enough to be able to tell how good a coach someone is? Especially at Houston. Heck he won the first year with another coaches recruits basically.

My point exactly,  we drooling over a two year coach ...

Lol I was thinking the same thing..With everythung that's been happening this week if Texas goes out and blast TCU, idk it may raise some eyebrows 

In regards to TCU, it's at home, they're not very good this year...I half expect us to beat them pretty good with everything that's going on.  If this doesn't get those kids motivated, nothing will.  I don't think it will change anything, I still expect Charlie to be let go on Saturday and an announcement to be made early next week concerning our new HC.  Who that might be, I don't know?! I'll be surprised if Bellmont doesn't screw this up and we end up having to send the AD, Prez, and Chancellor McRaven to some godforsaken tarmac in BFE, Oklahoma to seal the deal on a subpar replacement.  I do like the idea of Chip Kelly though.  It's obvious that defensive minded coaches can't keep up in the BDF...we need someone that can move the football and score some points without giving up 50/game.

Herman is probably the ideal coach here but with what's about to happen in the next few months..Herman may be the odd man out..

John Harbaugh,

Chip Kelly 

Larry Fedora 

Dabo Sweeney 

if LSU lands Jimbo Fisher , expect Texas booster to push for a bigger name other then Herman..Texas is all about making a splash and they want this hire to be the envy of all other hires and a "LOUD SPLASH"..Thoes boosters have already pressured Them to get rid of Strong so they will pressure them again to Make a big move 

4 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Herman is probably the ideal coach here but with what's about to happen in the next few months..Herman may be the odd man out..

John Harbaugh,

Chip Kelly 

Larry Fedora 

Dabo Sweeney 

if LSU lands Jimbo Fisher , expect Texas booster to push for a bigger name other then Herman..Texas is all about making a splash and they want this hire to be the envy of all other hires and a "LOUD SPLASH"..Thoes boosters have already pressured Them to get rid of Strong so they will pressure them again to Make a big move 

If Dabo goes anywhere it will be when Saban retires and he goes back home.  

8 hours ago, TexazBall said:

John Harbaugh,

Chip Kelly 

Larry Fedora 

Dabo Sweeney 

Harbaugh - N/A

Kelley - N/A and issues with nc2a

Sweeny - N/A

There in no bigger SPLASH hire this year than Herman. 

Fleck or Fedora would be good coaches but not as splashy as Herman.

btw

welcome to the forum noobs

Thanks @UTfanatic

but notice I never said they would get Thoes guys, I said that's who the Texas powers will try to go after ....I mean we went after Saban at Bama so no one is off limits 

Also I've heard Through the grapevine That Harbaugh has put out intrest in the Texas job as of lately..

Now just in my opinion I would take Harbaugh over Herman, not saying Herman is a bad coach but Strong isn't bad either just didn't win when he was post to, and what better coach to bring that hardnose style and build off what Strong did then Harbaugh, not to mention recruits would love to play for a former NFL coach as well as football name like Harbaugh ..very good teacher also, 

9 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Harbaugh - N/A

Kelley - N/A and issues with nc2a

Sweeny - N/A

There in no bigger SPLASH hire this year than Herman. 

Fleck or Fedora would be good coaches but not as splashy as Herman.

btw

welcome to the forum noobs

Not sure I agree with this.

Herman has just 2 season's under his belt with a team largely recruited by Tony Levine only 6 of his starters are Soph's or younger - so the rest were not his recruits.

Texas will be a lot tougher horse to tame than the opponents that Houston faces.

But again only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Not sure I agree with this.

Herman has just 2 season's under his belt with a team largely recruited by Tony Levine only 6 of his starters are Soph's or younger - so the rest were not his recruits.

Texas will be a lot tougher horse to tame than the opponents that Houston faces.

But again only time will tell.

Ahh...but what has Herman done with these recruits vs. Levine?  That's the reasoning in a nutshell.  3 wins vs. Top 10 teams in less than a calendar year...who cares if we lose occasionally to Kansas?