Potential Texas Football Coaching Search

UTfanatic

I was a huge strong supporter out the gate , but man has he regressed tremendously , I honestly think the kids play thier arse off for him , but IMO he dosent consistently put them in the best position , idk , maybe I'm wrong , I highly doubt Saban leaves Bama , he's a immortal God there , & why mess with prosperity in Sabans case , everyone else would probably be fair game , I think the Herman sweepstakes is a knee-jerk reaction & not the best one , we'll see..

20 minutes ago, Finesser said:

I was a huge strong supporter out the gate , but man has he regressed tremendously , I honestly think the kids play thier arse off for him , but IMO he dosent consistently put them in the best position , idk , maybe I'm wrong , I highly doubt Saban leaves Bama , he's a immortal God there , & why mess with prosperity in Sabans case , everyone else would probably be fair game , I think the Herman sweepstakes is a knee-jerk reaction & not the best one , we'll see..

i would love a Harbaugh or Meyer ...I don't see Meyer leaving but I could see Harbaugh coming back to the college ranks of the ravens don't do any better...

I would say give Herman his due process. But I'm just not a big fan as of right now .,but I would hate for him to go to LSU an turn them into a power house 

IMO the most realistic expectation would be Herman or Peterson. I like the latter. I was never sold on Herman, nor completely on Peterson, but if they are set on a new coach he would be a formidable choice. Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer, and Fisher seem pretty unrealistic. I would be thrilled for a Dabo Swinney to Texas move. With Watson leaving for the NFL, I could see Dabo considering that move. Doubtful, but one can dream. 

10 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

IMO the most realistic expectation would be Herman or Peterson. I like the latter. I was never sold on Herman, nor completely on Peterson, but if they are set on a new coach he would be a formidable choice. Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer, and Fisher seem pretty unrealistic. I would be thrilled for a Dabo Swinney to Texas move. With Watson leaving for the NFL, I could see Dabo considering that move. Doubtful, but one can dream. 

Peterson is easily a Top 5 coach in the country period.  Boise St?  Boise St was a perennial BCS threat and competitive when they got there.  And then what he has done at U Dub.  

Having said that, he is not going anywhere.  The northwest is where he needs to live due to climate for his son.  He's not leaving that region or Washington.  If he was so inclined, the only other job would be to travel south all the way down to Oregon.  

Dabo will wait his time where he is.  The only spot he will leave for is to his alma mater when King Nick retires (or if he goes and takes another shot in the League).  

Would love to see Dabo come to UT. I'm not sold on Herman yet. He has done a great job at Houston but has lost some games to some pretty bad teams. And, UH doesn't play in a very tough conference. Dabo has proven he can coach with anyone in the country. If you can't get a BIG NAME Hire then stay with Strong for one more year and hopefully he'll bring in a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR to get the defense where it needs to be.

3 hours ago, CRUSHCOACH said:

Would love to see Dabo come to UT. I'm not sold on Herman yet. He has done a great job at Houston but has lost some games to some pretty bad teams. And, UH doesn't play in a very tough conference. Dabo has proven he can coach with anyone in the country. If you can't get a BIG NAME Hire then stay with Strong for one more year and hopefully he'll bring in a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR to get the defense where it needs to be.

And what GOOD DC would come for possibly 1 year?

......and what HC candidates would be different next year?

Hookem

22 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

And what GOOD DC would come for possibly 1 year?

......and what HC candidates would be different next year?

Hookem

A quality DC could come knowing if Strong doesn't stay, the job will be open. Usually the OC and DC get at least an interview. Especially if the said DC who would come is a damn good DC. May come, hoping to eventually land Strong's job.

Idk. Like I said, i'm not thrilled with what has been going on. I just don't think there is a big enough catch to make a difference as fast as we want. Your better off giving him another full year of Shane and that offense and go from there. Once again who is a realistic expectation?

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

A quality DC could come knowing if Strong doesn't stay, the job will be open. Usually the OC and DC get at least an interview. Especially if the said DC who would come is a damn good DC. May come, hoping to eventually land Strong's job.

Idk. Like I said, i'm not thrilled with what has been going on. I just don't think there is a big enough catch to make a difference as fast as we want. Your better off giving him another full year of Shane and that offense and go from there. Once again who is a realistic expectation?

Venables maybe?

Starting 2016, I would have been happy with 8 wins. I said a while ago after KSU, and Charlie vowing again, needed to win out including a bowl, to gain my confidence. 

I see this team winning games in spite of bad coaching!

Again expectations for any year, be competitive and win the games you should. Get better every game! None of this 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I get dizzy.

Texas fans should never worry about UTEP, Iowa St., or Kansas!!!

With a new coach, with the current talent, 8 wins could be easily obtained in 2017.

I am sure that any current Big XII coach would already have this team at 8 wins.

hookem

A good start would have to admit he made a COLOSSAL mistake in letting Duane Akina go when he got the job and to beg him to come back from Stanford.  Best position coach we had who put player after player in the league.  Ironically, our secondary has sucked ever since.  To be a top notch coach, you have to be able to evaluate and coach your coaches.  

51 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

A good start would have to admit he made a COLOSSAL mistake in letting Duane Akina go when he got the job and to beg him to come back from Stanford.  Best position coach we had who put player after player in the league.  Ironically, our secondary has sucked ever since.  To be a top notch coach, you have to be able to evaluate and coach your coaches.  

Anika probably best DB coach in the country. .But also if Strongs defense Bedford was his DB coach and right hand man 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Anika probably best DB coach in the country. .But also if Strongs defense Bedford was his DB coach and right hand man 

You hit the nail on the head. Strong's biggest mistake was getting rid of some good coaches and bringing in his guys. His guys have stunk the joint up. After fans get tired of it Charlie cans them to save his own neck. Except for his buddy Bedford. Does anybody have any idea why he is on the staff still and what does he do except pick up a check.