Potential Texas Football Coaching Search

UTfanatic

20 minutes ago, D3zii said:

If he's so for sure to Texas why can't we just go after John Harbaugh first smh 

Because we once had a black lab that ate my sister's Easter basket and had pink and green plastic grass in his sh!+ for a week. Wait. That's a totally different subject.

Because we aren't smart enough to vet multiple candidates before we screw up a previously screwed up hiring decision.

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Because we once had a black lab that ate my sister's Easter basket and had pink and green plastic grass in his sh!+ for a week. Wait. That's a totally different subject.

Because we aren't smart enough to vet multiple candidates before we screw up a previously screwed up hiring decision.

lol exactly...smh I hope Texas isn't making a big mistake man 

Strong appears to be done - I do think he is a good man just that big time college football is where wins are the only thing that matters and running a clean program comes in a distant 2nd.

Now the question is going to be who is the next savior for the Longhorn Nation - Mack was too soft, Strong not soft enough (rules gotta have rules brother) now who is going to step up and take the challenge?

Herman - while pulled off 2 big wins against Oklahoma and Louisville - he did lose to lowly SMU is that not kinda the issue at the moment - losing to teams you should beat?

Saben - Texas's w*t dream - not going to happen but boy if it did Texas could be a dynasty again and soon

Les Miles - funny even that the name is mentioned - if he had trouble at LSU Texas Alums's would eventually bury this guy

Lane Kiffin - Heard this name mentioned - did he not fail fairly miserably at his last head coaching gig?

Chip Kelly - this one just makes me laugh - his personality at Texas would be a major clash.

Others who knows - gonna be an interesting ride so hang on.

15 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Strong appears to be done - I do think he is a good man just that big time college football is where wins are the only thing that matters and running a clean program comes in a distant 2nd.

Now the question is going to be who is the next savior for the Longhorn Nation - Mack was too soft, Strong not soft enough (rules gotta have rules brother) now who is going to step up and take the challenge?

Herman - while pulled off 2 big wins against Oklahoma and Louisville - he did lose to lowly SMU is that not kinda the issue at the moment - losing to teams you should beat?

Saben - Texas's w*t dream - not going to happen but boy if it did Texas could be a dynasty again and soon

Les Miles - funny even that the name is mentioned - if he had trouble at LSU Texas Alums's would eventually bury this guy

Lane Kiffin - Heard this name mentioned - did he not fail fairly miserably at his last head coaching gig?

Chip Kelly - this one just makes me laugh - his personality at Texas would be a major clash.

Your posts are usually better. Have read the previous posts in this thread?

other than Herman, You gotta be joking!!!

and it's Saban.

I said before give me Fedora, Fleck, or Herman. 

Resignation Friday, announcement of new coach Saturday. 

Horns up and Hookem 

37 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Lane Kiffin Joey Mf'in Freshwater - Heard this name mentioned - did he not fail fairly miserably at his last head coaching gig?

FIFF(reshwater)

43 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Texas is still his "dream his"!!!

This is the hidden content, please

horns up and Hookem 

As I have said, there is a local guy who started on one of Yeoman's cotton bowl championship teams.  He remains very active with the program and is very fond of Hermann.  He told me a while ago that Texas is his dream job.  He has turned down opportunities he might have otherwise taken because he was hoping the UT job would open after this year.  As it turns out, he was correct. 

Just something I was thinking about

Why do we eant Herman so bad at Texas to the point we don't seem to even wanna go through the interview process? ?

Strong had a "Way"stronger resume then Herman does when we hired him..why do we just think he's the "One" ..Maybe the administration will do the right thing and find ther ight fit just the fans and media making it seem like then the clock hits zero Saturday Herman is getting a call 

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Just something I was thinking about

Why do we eant Herman so bad at Texas to the point we don't seem to even wanna go through the interview process? ?

Strong had a "Way"stronger resume then Herman does when we hired him..why do we just think he's the "One" ..Maybe the administration will do the right thing and find ther ight fit just the fans and media making it seem like then the clock hits zero Saturday Herman is getting a call 

The benefit when you have more money than anyone, you can afford to miss.  He's the flavor of the month and might be the next Meyer.  The benefit of going forward now is to give him more time to cement a recruiting class and to work with the current team.  And to avoid another prolonged, uncertainty-ridden search.  If he's your guy, git her done.