WOS vs Tarkington

tennisbc

It's going to be like this for at least the first three rounds if not the whole playoffs evey game three touchdowns or better watch I've seen almost all the teams in these brackets don't see anybody matching wos speed wise or being as physical pretty much like last year stamp it all these games should be runaway if the player Mustang football 48 minutes at a time 

Well in the words of a die hard Celina fan - "Don't sleep on Tarkington. This one will be uncomfortably close at kickoff. But WOS's depth and skill will allow them to pull away late on their opening drive."

But in all seriousness. One game at a time folks. Give a team something to read on their locker room board and things can change. Read that story about the La Marque - Hitchcock game.

19 minutes ago, Goblin said:

But in all seriousness. One game at a time folks. Give a team something to read on their locker room board and things can change. Read that story about the La Marque - Hitchcock game.

Definitely, any loss in the previous 10 weeks could have been overcome.  From here on in, you lose and your chance at redemption doesn't come until next August.

2 hours ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

It's going to be like this for at least the first three rounds if not the whole playoffs evey game three touchdowns or better watch I've seen almost all the teams in these brackets don't see anybody matching wos speed wise or being as physical pretty much like last year stamp it all these games should be runaway if the player Mustang football 48 minutes at a time 

I can assure you it won't be like this in the third round. I can assure Bellville will be a lot tougher than Tarkington... I'm not saying Bellville will win but to compare them to Tarkington is ill advised. 

Not looking ahead but Robinson could be a test in the 2nd round. They score and pass a lot. WO-S has played so many Slot T teams the secondary really hasn't been tested. Not that thier not up to the challenge, just saying they hadn't faced a real good passing team yet.

given that is if Robinson beats Caldwelland WOS takes care of business Thursday. 

6 hours ago, CMurder75 said:

I can't be the only one who remembers when Tarkington upset Mexia? That won't happen this year but man that was cool. Lol

Yes, but Tarkington had a solid group, very good running qb and could throw in Hunter Johnson, tall reciever who was developed, solid hard working line and Rbs. They were nice

2 hours ago, marshman said:

Not looking ahead but Robinson could be a test in the 2nd round. They score and pass a lot. WO-S has played so many Slot T teams the secondary really hasn't been tested. Not that thier not up to the challenge, just saying they hadn't faced a real good passing team yet.

given that is if Robinson beats Caldwelland WOS takes care of business Thursday. 

Yes Robinson is scoring a lot of points but they are like Gilmer and give up a ton of points.Remember...Offense wins games but defense wins championships.Thier passing will be a test for us only if they can give the qb time.

5 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I can assure you it won't be like this in the third round. I can assure Bellville will be a lot tougher than Tarkington... I'm not saying Bellville will win but to compare them to Tarkington is ill advised. 

I said everybody will get beat by 3 touchdowns or better I don't care how good they r supposed be we will get to them a through them and last year  bellville was better than the first round team and we put up 69 on them anyway and u know what I said the same last year that I'm saying now at the start we beat everybody by 3 touchdowns or better and we did so don't ever doubt a jedi master

8 hours ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

My mistake 42 to 3

21 hours ago, Goblin said:

Well in the words of a die hard Celina fan - "Don't sleep on Tarkington. This one will be uncomfortably close at kickoff. But WOS's depth and skill will allow them to pull away late on their opening drive."

We already know that. We've  been  taking it one game  at a time for the last 30 years so y would it change now

51 minutes ago, easttexiasbias said:

I want to watch WOS play in the playoffs at what point does everyone think they will get challenged?  

Every week is a challenge for us. Every opponent we face from here on out will give us their all to knock us off. So therefore if you come to any playoff game and you'll see us playing every down as if our life depended on it. No team and i mean NO TEAM will be taken lightly

30 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Every week is a challenge for us. Every opponent we face from here on out will give us their all to knock us off. So therefore if you come to any playoff game and you'll see us playing every down as if our life depended on it. No team and i mean NO TEAM will be taken lightly

I literally laughed at this