Who is the 4th team in Playoffs? NED or Central

fireinthehole

1 hour ago, fireinthehole said:

I read through the 21 5A playoff thread but it is not updated. What is the name of the updated thread? 

This:

Specifically this:

"22-5A

This week's key games: Beaumont Central at Baytown Lee, Beaumont Ozen at Livingston, Nederland at Port Neches-Groves, Port Arthur Memorial at Vidor

Who's in: Port Arthur Memorial (2098) (7-0) has clinched a Division I spot.  Vidor (1414.5) (6-1) has clinched a Division II playoff spot. Port Neches-Groves (1447) (6-1) has clinched a playoff spot which will be Division II if Nederland or Beaumont Central earn the final spot and Division I if Livingston earns the final spot.  If positive points are used Port Arthur Memorial clinches the Division I #1 seed with a win over Vidor or a Port Neches-Groves loss to Nederland.  Vidor can clinch the Division II #1 seed if the win and Port Neches-Groves loses to Nederland or if Livingston earns the final spot.  Port Neches-Groves, if Division I can earn the #1 seed by a win and a Memorial loss to Vidor which could throw the the top district spot into positive points which would give the edge to Port Neches-Groves over Memorial.  If the Indians are Division II they will earn the #1 seed with a win or a Vidor loss.

This week's scenarios: Nederland (1596) (4-3) can clinch a Division I #2 seed with a win over Port Neches-Groves or a Livingston loss to Beaumont Ozen. Beaumont Central (1471) can clinch a Division I #2 seed with a win, a Nederland loss and a Livingston win.  Livingston can clinch a Division II #2 seed with a win, a Nederland loss and a Central loss."

3 minutes ago, badndn said:

From above:

" Vidor can clinch the Division I #2 seed if Port Neches-Groves loses to Nederland or if Livingston earns the final spot. "

There is no scenario where Vidor can clinch anything in Division 1. PAM and PNG are both larger than Vidor. 

Yeah, looks like a typo. D2 #1 seed.

lets clear this up a bit, Vidor will not beat PAM, PAM division 1 #1 seed, Depending on a Ned win or Loss, who goes Div 1 or Div 2. All schools that are in are bigger than Vidor so no way they go Div 1. Pirates stuck in Div2 regardless. If Ned gets in they Go Division 1, If Central gets in they go Div 1. If Livingston gets in which I don't see by the grace of hell freezing over then PNG goes Div 1 ! Big week 11 this week. Everyone has to pull out all the stops, should be very interesting to see the final outcome!

Biaplayer, I think Vidor has a better chance@ beating PAM than PNG did. I think you are basing your thoughts off the Vidor vs PNG score which is misleading. Vidor almost ran away with that game early but had a series of misfortunate events take place which turned momentum. I also bet BH believes that 22-5A is weak because of their score against Vidor. Very misleading ! TYPICAL if PNG cant beat them then noone can attitude

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

Biaplayer, I think Vidor has a better chance@ beating PAM than PNG did. I think you are basing your thoughts off the Vidor vs PNG score which is misleading. Vidor almost ran away with that game early but had a series of misfortunate events take place which turned momentum. I also bet BH believes that 22-5A is weak because of their score against Vidor. Very misleading ! TYPICAL if PNG cant beat them then noone can attitude

Seadog im not judging it off of anything but pure truth! PAM is the better team period. IM glad that the Vidor Faithful have hope but come 7 pm Friday night that will sink with the Black Pearl that PNG crippled up two weeks ago. Good luck to yall though, PAM has talent all over both sides of the ball! If you cant pass the ball you aren't gonna win just saying! Has nothing to do with PNG not beating them , please that is what is wrong with you Vidor People you make one run 3 rounds deep and all of a sudden no one can stop your misdirection run football, after years of getting beat down year after year you would think that It would sink in, smh That's all we hear out of Vidor if, shoulda, coulda, bad calls yada yada yada you didn't runaway with the game early you were up by two points but got completely shutdown by the better team in the second half, Remember there is 48 minutes in the game the pirates only played for 24!!!

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

Vidor had a whole half left in the game after the onside kick penalty and ran Quirante into a brick wall time and time again in the 2nd half. That is why they lost. That was dumb. They couldn't stop the pass in the 2nd half and could not stop my kid bro from making them look foolish on that 54 yard TD run.

PNG would have had to play perfect to beat PAM. They also had the athletes across the offensive board to compete. Defensively, they held on and kept it tight until the 3rd when Hines exploded. We have a QB that leads district, a WR that is number 2 and another that is top 7, plus Hughes is top 8 at least in rushing. Vidor essentially has 3 runningbacks. Everyone single one of Vidors athletes is coming out of the backfield so all they have to do is defend the run.  It isn't like those guys are going to outrun or overpower Memorial, as well as Leckelt and Quirante have played. That is delusional. You don't beat teams by playing into the game they play. The Titans play speed defense and you HAVE to have the BALANCE to counteract that. If you don't you may slow down the clock and slow them but you won't win. PNG competed with them because they were able to throw for nearly 200 and rushing for 150 plus rushing. Vidor will fight hard but come up short because their defense has no one that can make that much of a difference.

3 hours ago, Seadog said:

Seadog, my honest opinion is this... Vidor has not a single chance unless PAM suits up the JV squad. Your offense is nothing nobody knows about. Vidor keeps talking people are not used to playing it. Well, it doesnt matter.. Load up the box, get a lead, and its game over. Vidor has no speed compared to PAM. Vincent will stop anything that gets into the secondary. Its all false hope. I honestly think its the same ole VIdor that got lucky and beat a banged up Nederland in OT, after Ned missed a chip shot to win it. Nothing to do with mighty PNG. Just the facts. Vidor is a average team that will make the playoffs and get a early exit. Just like the rest of our district with exception to PAM. Keep the dreams alive, not bashing Vidor, just stating facts. Almost means nothing. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. PAM will bring the house every play and has the horses to stop it and run it down if you do get loose. Vidor will run the same shifty offense against bigger stronger faster kids, I wish Vidor all the luck in the world. But PAM is the TRUTH in the district. Get ready..............

On 11/2/2016 at 1:07 PM, Buddy Garrity said:

Seadog, my honest opinion is this... Vidor has not a single chance unless PAM suits up the JV squad. Your offense is nothing nobody knows about. Vidor keeps talking people are not used to playing it. Well, it doesnt matter.. Load up the box, get a lead, and its game over. Vidor has no speed compared to PAM. Vincent will stop anything that gets into the secondary. Its all false hope. I honestly think its the same ole VIdor that got lucky and beat a banged up Nederland in OT, after Ned missed a chip shot to win it. Nothing to do with mighty PNG. Just the facts. Vidor is a average team that will make the playoffs and get a early exit. Just like the rest of our district with exception to PAM. Keep the dreams alive, not bashing Vidor, just stating facts. Almost means nothing. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. PAM will bring the house every play and has the horses to stop it and run it down if you do get loose. Vidor will run the same shifty offense against bigger stronger faster kids, I wish Vidor all the luck in the world. But PAM is the TRUTH in the district. Get ready..............

What is this undying fascination you purple indians have with us Pirates? Isn't this a fourth place thread? As the king of south Vidor I decree we're not selling you guys any more stuff for your peace pipes. Drink the brown fire water...good stuff.

1 hour ago, robanadana said:

What is this undying fascination you purple indians have with us Pirates? Isn't this a fourth place thread? As the king of south Vidor I decree we're not selling you guys any more stuff for your peace pipes. Drink the brown fire water...good stuff.

I actually like the purple people. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

When the game ends, Vidor will be shouting, "please hurry up and shut off that score board."

Word is Rob is operating it.... Could be interesting... Hes the King of South Vidor, so Im not quite sure if he can count as high as the PAM score will end up.

51 minutes ago, Buddy Garrity said:

Word is Rob is operating it.... Could be interesting... Hes the King of South Vidor, so Im not quite sure if he can count as high as the PAM score will end up.

SoulJa accuses me of running it everytime. I have a mass text message group I have to send scores to so it may run a little faster than some may like and I might miss a few points here and there. Nothing to see here. BTW, everything south of IH-10 is in my kingdom...we used to control the adult beverages until all of Vidor went wet.