THE OFFICIAL MCM, LETS GET IT ON, BEST RIVALRY IN THE STATE THREAD

Stattrax

5 minutes ago, Gabe said:

In my opinion which usually doesn't count for much at all, this is the third year in a row PNG has the more talented team. 

IMO, and i speak it alot... PNG- has had the better team 3 of the 6 years of the streak. You have to think, Doty was a preferred walk on at Oregon behind Mariotta.. Morse played last week at Lamar.... We have had some good athletes come through.... Mistakes and coaching have been the achilles hill.. Like I said, hopefully BF can get over the hump. 

Gonna be hard to watch seeing my son on the sidelines on crutches but even with that being said,after the three PNG games I've seen this year,I'm going with Nederland coaching staff once again in a tight game..praying for everyone to come out of this one healthy and both teams to be playoff ready..

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

No Doubt that the Dogs should come out and not hold anything back as they are playing for their playoff lives, As for PNG don't think they will hold back either, 1. WE need to end the streak at home mind you 2. We have a chance to send NED home ending their playoff streak for appearances which this is to me more important than the 6 straight losses in a row. WE do this I think it is a hard pill for all the NED faithful to swallow so we shall see. I cant wait for Friday to get here gonna be a hell of a ball game. Pretty sure we will see all sorts of gadget plays as the game moves on ! As for looking at the head to head comparisons, well you can throw that all out the window. MCM is what it is the greatest rivalry in the state, bragging rights and all that other nonsense!!!

Hard to tell if you'll be more excited that PNG gets over the hump or that the Nederland kids might have to choke on a hard pill.  Either way, this Nederland team has shown a lot of character to keep plugging even when events completely out of their control unfolded.  It started on the first day of two a days and has continued through the forfeit, and a wagon load of injuries at key positions.  The Nederland faithful will be very proud of them, regardless of the outcome this Friday.  That's how we roll.

5 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Hard to tell if you'll be more excited that PNG gets over the hump or that the Nederland kids might have to choke on a hard pill.  Either way, this Nederland team has shown a lot of character to keep plugging even when events completely out of their control unfolded.  It started on the first day of two a days and has continued through the forfeit, and a wagon load of injuries at key positions.  The Nederland faithful will be very proud of them, regardless of the outcome this Friday.  That's how we roll.

Now doubt this has been a model of great coaching and how players should never give up. This team has been through hell and back 

I think this thread shows one thing.... Back in the day, it would be nothing but trash talk... Now, well, we all know whats going to happen... I think we have even accepted it.... But rest assure, if the impossible happens, I will let everyone know about it next week.. If not, Ill be missing for a year.. Again........

same story over and over,but this is their year. This team is playing with a chip on their shoulder. How many times did they hear last year was " that" team blah blah  this is a young team, no speed, no big lineman and they proved us wrong since day 1 on that field. No reason for this team's talent to lose look how many people thought PAM would blow us out the water - didn't happen lost by 5 points. Win or lose still proud of this team 

1 hour ago, Brubaker said:

That's a good thing right? I always get picked on for being from PNG but when it comes to games. between the 3 you won't catch me slipping lol. 

I leave the homerisms to Elam lol

36 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

On a side note, this will likely be the fewest pages of pre game MCM posting in a long, long time.  Without the 2-3 pages of Stats pics of memory lane, it would be even shorter.

there wasn't a whole lot last year either, I think this streak has shell-shocked the NDN faithful.  And maybe shaken their faith in Faircloth, at least as far as MCM goes.