Port Arthur Memorial vs Vidor

Seadog

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

PAM won't have any problems passing on Vidor as long as the QB is accurate.  Those DBs will either get flagged for a bunch of PIs or get toasted.   Pass first and setup the run with it.

Once again I feel the need to explain to a poster about how well Kadon Harrison is playing this year. He is leading the district in passing completion at 68%.

17 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Nope...here's how the game will go.

1. Vidor has been watering its field, putting out Miracle Grow, and not cutting the grass.  The field looks like a cow pasture with grass 18 inches tall.  Coach Matthews will do anything to slow down PAM's #25.  That's a good plan.

2. Regardless of the knee high grass, PAM will spread the field and find a match up it likes on the O-line versus Vidor's D-line.  #25 will find that match up and run to daylight.  The Pirates better get 11-defenders to #25.  If he gets to the edge, it's 6-points.  I don't know how fast #25 is in the 40 yard dash, but in full pads he is plenty fast enough. PAM will throw the ball sideways.  Take a chance and load the box to stop #25.  Make PAM throw the ball.  Who knows?  Maybe the PAM WRs get lost in the knee high grass and cant' find the football?

3. Vidor will try student body right and student body left and PAM's D-line and LBs will be there.  Vidor will try the toss sweep, and PAM will be there.  Vidor will try the misdirection play with both the QB and the TB, and PAM will chase it down.  Vidor will try a pass to the TE or the RB out in the flats and PAM's DBs will not be fooled by the play action and misdirection of the Pirate QB.  I know you want to burn the clock, but 3 yards and a cloud of dust will be difficult against the size and speed of PAM's defense.  Nonetheless, the Pirates should do what they do.  Keep pounding the ball and tell the clock operator to be a tad slow on the stop button.  Keep the clock moving.

Good luck to both teams.  Play hard for 48 minutes and add up the score at the end.  No injuries.

Go Indians.  Peace.

purple Indians smoke peace pipe with substance sold to them by Pirates from Vidor.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Once again I feel the need to explain to a poster about how well Kadon Harrison is playing this year. He is leading the district in passing completion at 68%.

I never said that he wasn't accurate over the season.  I was talking about this particular game.

Oh there's no doubt Vidor is the underdog.  PAM being undefeated plus soundly defeating Ned & PNG proves that.  And I've no doubt PAM will score a bunch.  Vidor will have to play mistake proof ball, and get a few stops on D or turnovers.  But imo, it should be a great ball game.  I'll be checking the game thread while I'm watching Evadale.  

13 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Oh there's no doubt Vidor is the underdog.  PAM being undefeated plus soundly defeating Ned & PNG proves that.  And I've no doubt PAM will score a bunch.  Vidor will have to play mistake proof ball, and get a few stops on D or turnovers.  But imo, it should be a great ball game.  I'll be checking the game thread while I'm watching Evadale.  

Soundly Defeating PNG? (by 5 points)...hmmm, OK, sounds legit. NOT!

28 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Says someone who whined about the refs even when they barely pulled out a win.   The DBs couldn't cover Ned's receivers and had to mug them.  Lol.

They had to your o line were ripping the jerseys off our pass rushers. That's why y'all were getting 5 to 6 seconds to pass. 

2 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

PAM will beat Vidor

Quite possible PAM can beat anyone in 21-5A also.  Both teams have a playoff spot already.  Not a lot to lose.  I do think it'll be a much better game than you anticipate.  I figure Vidor has a good of a chance beating PAM as PNG does of beating Nederland.

25 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Is there a loser barking somewhere???? Dang, we beat all 16 of you at once.

Is it just me rob, or does there seem to be a bunch of MC folks who've turned into PAM fans?  Maybe they'll pass on MCM and be at the Boneyard pulling for the Titans. :) 

4 hours ago, png9mon said:

Soundly Defeating PNG? (by 5 points)...hmmm, OK, sounds legit. NOT!

Anybody who was at that game know the final was was not indicative of how Memorial dominated that game. It was 33-14 when Memorial had an unsportsmanlike penalty that gave them a first down to extend a drive after RJ was sacked on one series and the ref gave the runner a whole yard after being stopped on 4th down on another. The tape is not biased towards fans.