Silsbee 60 Huffman Hargrave 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 10/29/2016 at 1:16 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

We scored points on them though.  which some was debating about.  'stop running the ball' , 'go to shotgun', 'bring so in so in ' ect.. 

I think we all knew about the defensive stuff before the season started with some many new faces out there.  

And some didn't give this coaching staff any benefit of the doubt.  He's a first year guy, and he'll make first year mistakes.  

I think that some are just not accustomed to change with the previous coach gone and are affiliated with some butt hurt individual assistant coaches that's not on the staff this year...

Point of the mater is the teams you lost to are really good teams.  PN-G will play for a share of the District title.  Newton and WO-S are undefeated and #1 in the state.  BC has been putting up points all year against everyone they've faced and we still had a chance to win that one..

And through everything, Silsbee STILL has a chance to win  share of the District title.  I'd say not a bad job from Silsbee's coaching staff.  Too bad others don't feel the same way.. 

Having Tyler hasn't hurt the transition to a running attack. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Even had Tyler not been here, there would've been a great running attack...

Can you imagine how things would be with this new system but without Tyler and Jones transferring in? A. Thomas would have a lot of success, but not as much as Tyler had had.... plus you wouldn't have had A. Thomas on defense where he's been a bigtime contributor. 

"Meet me at the coach's house! You get some diesel! I'll bring the matches!!!"

Things could have gone a lot worse for Coach Smith and the Tigers than they have. 

21 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Can you imagine how things would be with this new system but without Tyler and Jones transferring in? A. Thomas would have a lot of success, but not as much as Tyler had had.... plus you wouldn't have had A. Thomas on defense where he's been a bigtime contributor. 

"Meet me at the coach's house! You get some diesel! I'll bring the matches!!!"

Things could have gone a lot worse for Coach Smith and the Tigers than they have. 

You're right, but Adonis would've been going both ways full time.  But there isn't a huge drop off in talent between the two running the ball.  what Adonis can't match C in pure speed, he makes up for it in power.  They both have great feet and good acceleration.  

19 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think Silsbee still would have been fine and a playoff team. Jones and Tyler have been very big for Silsbee this year. They both are Silsbee kids where they were raised but both went to school in Beaumont.  

Tyler spent the majority of his life in Beaumont.  Played pee wee football in Beaumont, went to Odom Middle school in  Beaumont.  went to high school 3 years at Oxen in Beaumont.  His dad is from Silsbee,  but Lil C is definitely a Beaumont kid.  

Of course it made us a better team, if nothing more than letting us keep players from getting tired going both ways.   Adonis has been a big part of that defense....probably not as big if he had to play both ways.  Also opens up the player to a bigger chance to getting an injury. And as far as comparing them at RB, Both are great but I think Calvin has more breakaway speed so I doubt Adonis would have as many long runs, which keeps the defense in a position to stop the drive.  Now the flip side to that would be with Adonis running the ball and not getting those big runs the offense would eat more clock and he just downright punishes the defense setting them up to tire out.  

As far as qb I can't really say a lot as I don't know who would have played there or know enough from for a comparison.