The Beaumont Enterprise endorses

Big girl

Now before anyone goes crazy let me point something out that has been missing all day. 

Yes this piece is biased. That's because it's an opinion piece. It is not a story. The newsroom probably had very little if anything at all to do with this. 

Papers typically put an editorial board together and it comes up with the decision. Endorsements are not written to try and persuade votes. They are published across the country to give the newspaper a voice.

Whether you agree with the pick or not is one thing but the statements of "they are biased and this is horrible journalism" are far from incorrect. 

This is why I take the PA News. Better sports coverage and not a lot of hoopla.

I also don't think that a business should say who their choice for president is. I bet everyone who works there is not for Hillary, so that is misleading. It even has little woman all excited.

Big Girl, without mentioning Trump, tell me why Hillary should be president with more than one line, or because you like her, even though she calls you the "N" word.

So did the Arizona Republic (conservative paper that hasn't endorsed a Democrat for President in  its 126 years).  So did the Dallas Morning News (the first Dem its endorsed for President in more than 75 years).  And the Cincinnati Enquirer endorsed her as well (the first in almost 100 years).  

Trump is that bad...

36 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

So did the Arizona Republic (conservative paper that hasn't endorsed a Democrat for President in  its 126 years).  So did the Dallas Morning News (the first Dem its endorsed for President in more than 75 years).  And the Cincinnati Enquirer endorsed her as well (the first in almost 100 years).  

Trump is that bad...

But on the other hand, she's not a lot better, if any at all.

Part of their endorsement...

The newspaper went on to say that "above all Clinton must be judged against the other major-party candidate, Donald Trump. While she may be partially untrustworthy, he is completely unsuitable."

In other words, he's pathetic, but in our opinion, she's slightly less pathetic.

She's only partially untrustworthy...what world do these folks live in?

But like Wildcats said, who cares?

26 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Part of their endorsement...

The newspaper went on to say that "above all Clinton must be judged against the other major-party candidate, Donald Trump. While she may be partially untrustworthy, he is completely unsuitable."

In other words, he's pathetic, but in our opinion, she's slightly less pathetic.

She's only partially untrustworthy...what world do these folks live in?

But like Wildcats said, who cares?

MAY be partially untrustworthy?   Whoever authored that statement is a long way from mental giantry.  Heck, we might as well listen to what Michael Moore and Barbara Streisand think.   There is much depth and forethought/reasoning to "may be partially untrustworthy."

3 hours ago, baddog said:

This is why I take the PA News. Better sports coverage and not a lot of hoopla.

I also don't think that a business should say who their choice for president is. I bet everyone who works there is not for Hillary, so that is misleading. It even has little woman all excited.

Big Girl, without mentioning Trump, tell me why Hillary should be president with more than one line, or because you like her, even though she calls you the "N" word.

Sounds like a typical oversimplified Trump supporter response. Would rather look at the pictures in the sports section than... 

5 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Sounds like a typical oversimplified Trump supporter response. Would rather look at the pictures in the sports section than... 

I didn't think it was that simple, but it is what i believe. Typical lefty dodge is avoiding the last sentence entirely.

.....look at the sports pictures.....comical.

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Trump is that bad...

Fair enough. BUT....Clinton is a career politician, has the household name of a past President (husband at that), most career politicians back her (even some big name GOP).....first potential woman president......yet.......she still may lose..even with all of Trumps gaffs..No tax return (not that matters anyway)........Clinton is that bad...

14 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Trump is that bad...

Yes, he is.

4 hours ago, CraigS said:

Fair enough. BUT....Clinton is a career politician, has the household name of a past President (husband at that), most career politicians back her (even some big name GOP).....first potential woman president......yet.......she still may lose..even with all of Trumps gaffs..No tax return (not that matters anyway)........Clinton is that bad...

I think it has been 20 plus  years since they endorsed a Democratic nominee. Drum roll please.......they endorsed Bill Clinton

4 hours ago, CraigS said:

She is not going to lose