22-5A Playoffs

Footballfan1209

Well three are in, and one more spot open.

1.) PAM

2.) PNG/Vidor

3.) PNG/Vidor

4.) LIV/NED/CEN

How's it going to turn out ?

Central is on the outside looking in and Livingston has the forfeit over Nederland. From how I see it, Livingston wins out, they are in, Livingston losses one and Nederland wins out, they are in. Last scenario is a three way tie with Central winning out, Nederland and Livingston split their last two games with everybody being 4-4. I think that's correct 

1 hour ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Well three are in, and one more spot open.

1.) PAM

2.) PNG/Vidor

3.) PNG/Vidor

4.) LIV/NED/CEN

How's it going to turn out ?

Central is on the outside looking in and Livingston has the forfeit over Nederland. From how I see it, Livingston wins out, they are in, Livingston losses one and Nederland wins out, they are in. Last scenario is a three way tie with Central winning out, Nederland and Livingston split their last two games with everybody being 4-4. I think that's correct 

PAM hasn't won district just yet.  Memorial and Vidor play the last week of the season which could be for a 3 way share of the District Championship.

I'm not sure what they new tie breaker is this season.  How the UIL leaves that up to each district is baffling.  Going by the old rules it was head to head then point differential amongst the teams tied.  If a 3 way tie happens for the 4 seed, they will have all split 

Livingston(3-3) has Central and Ozen-  Win out and they are in

Nederland(3-3) has Lumberton and PNG left-  Win out and have Livingston lose at least 1

Central(2-4) has Livingston and Lee- Win out and have Livingston & Nederland each lose at least one.

Current point differentials

Nederland +6

Livingston +1

Central      -7

Central vs Livingston next week will decide the 3 way tie breaker.  Central needs to win by 14 for their best chance at the playoffs.  A lot other things could still happen over the last 2 weeks.   

3 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Well that could have some major impact and could even favor Nederland. I have them losing to Central but winning against OZEN which would still put them in over Nederland. Now with this outcome and Ozen find away to win could go to the three way tie.

If the favorites won each game left, I would say Ned & Liv both go 1-1 with Central going 2-0 for a 3 way tie.  Central would need to win by as many as possible. Nederland will be rooting hard for the Beaumont schools to sweep Livingston the last 2 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

If the favorites won each game left, I would say Ned & Liv both go 1-1 with Central going 2-0 for a 3 way tie.  Central would need to win by as many as possible. Nederland will be rooting hard for the Beaumont schools to sweep Livingston the last 2 weeks. 

Agree and PNG doesn't want Livingston in because they would probably go D1 and have to play 21-5a D1 #1 slot pending if PAM beats Vidor

48 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

No. I'm saying I can see vidor beating Bh but not crosby.

Lol, yea ok. It will be worse this time. If it's a PNG/BH matchup, then maybe 2-2, but that's a big if. If PAM didn't drop down, it would be 4-0. 22-5a is alot weaker this year than 21-5a. Ya'll will soon find out. New Caney and Crosby are pretty dang strong, BH and Porter are no slouches either. We shall see though.

3 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol, yea ok. It will be worse this time. If it's a PNG/BH matchup, then maybe 2-2, but that's a big if. If PAM didn't drop down, it would be 4-0. 22-5a is alot weaker this year than 21-5a. Ya'll will soon find out. New Caney and Crosby are pretty dang strong, BH and Porter are no slouches either. We shall see though.

I just think it would be a mote favorable match up. Hard to beat a team twice in one season and plus this is a completely different team than what y'all faced.

12 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

I just think it would be a mote favorable match up. Hard to beat a team twice in one season and plus this is a completely different team than what y'all faced.

Actually,  Quirante got a minor injury when they put him in against us. BH is a different team as well. If you can't throw the ball consistently down field, you won't beat BH. Crosby and New Caney did and that was why they stomped us. Either way, it won't be 40-6.

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Actually,  Quirante got a minor injury when they put him in against us. BH is a different team as well. If you can't throw the ball consistently down field, you won't beat BH. Crosby and New Caney did and that was why they stomped us. Either way, it won't be 40-6.

Actually, I recall him breaking about a 70 yard TD run when he went in. Not sure what injury your talking about

4 minutes ago, GameChanger84 said:

Actually, I recall him breaking about a 70 yard TD run when he went in. Not sure what injury your talking about

The only time he scored. He got banged up and they took him out for district. BH already crushed Vidor once on a field that helped Vidor offense. If they play again, I imagine it's on turf and will be worse.

4 hours ago, Vpirate02 said:

No. I'm saying I can see vidor beating Bh but not crosby.

I think the other way around. BH would be a tougher test...I'm not sold on Crosby stopping our offense. Maverick came in at QB against BH and we scored but I think their D-line is pretty salty. It wasn't their defensive line that cost them the game last night against New Caney. Also, we're definitely not the same team we played against BH with. Either way, it's gonna be tough. It's the playoffs, baby!!!!

Vidor would surprise the hell out of Barbers Hill this go around ! The combination of personell changes and field conditions would turn the tables on this matchup. Vidor using the angle blocking attack and their running backs relying on hard cuts really hurt them in the first game considering the harsh field conditions. On turf , Vidor by 17 !

Throwing Dual-V's as we speak !

10 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Vidor would surprise the hell out of Barbers Hill this go around ! The combination of personell changes and field conditions would turn the tables on this matchup. Vidor using the angle blocking attack and their running backs relying on hard cuts really hurt them in the first game considering the harsh field conditions. On turf , Vidor by 17 !

Throwing Dual-V's as we speak !

Lol, drink up Vidor! Must be strong drinks.