22-5A Playoffs

Footballfan1209

4 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol, yea ok. It will be worse this time. If it's a PNG/BH matchup, then maybe 2-2, but that's a big if. If PAM didn't drop down, it would be 4-0. 22-5a is alot weaker this year than 21-5a. Ya'll will soon find out. New Caney and Crosby are pretty dang strong, BH and Porter are no slouches either. We shall see though.

Seems like the same thing was said last year about a 21-5A sweep...

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

Vidor would surprise the hell out of Barbers Hill this go around ! The combination of personell changes and field conditions would turn the tables on this matchup. Vidor using the angle blocking attack and their running backs relying on hard cuts really hurt them in the first game considering the harsh field conditions. On turf , Vidor by 17 !

Throwing Dual-V's as we speak !

Let's talk about the first Vidor/BH game.  Game was at Vidor.  Vidor has same coach as always.  Vidor runs same offense as always.  BH, away game, new coach, new offense.  All advantages went to Vidor and they lost 40-6.  Now you say Vidor by 17.  A 51 point swing ?  That makes me throw my V's up too.  I'm just not using the same fingers as y'all.  

2 hours ago, vidor96pirates said:

It's not how you start the race, but how you finish it.  Keep looking back to that first game

You got blown out two weeks ago too. Both of the teams that had a decent passing game put 40+ on Vidor and PAM will do the same at the end of the season. Vidor only averaged 14 points per game in those two. You're not stopping anybody and the gimmick offense seems to only be working on the lesser teams this year. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You got blown out two weeks ago too. Both of the teams that had a decent passing game put 40+ on Vidor and PAM will do the same at the end of the season. Vidor only averaged 14 points per game in those two. You're not stopping anybody and the gimmick offense seems to only be working on the lesser teams this year. 

That gimmick offense abused y'all a few years ago and went 3 deep in the playoffs. Y'all knew what was coming an still couldn't stop it. Even with 11 in the box. It's just a smash mouth offense. Just saying.

I agree with rob, I'd rather see Vidor play Crosby.  Based on what I saw four years ago, the Pirate offense will give Crosby more trouble than BH.  They had no idea how to defend it.  They may this year, but that remains to be seen.  Only speculation at this point.

23 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I agree with rob, I'd rather see Vidor play Crosby.  Based on what I saw four years ago, the Pirate offense will give Crosby more trouble than BH.  They had no idea how to defend it.  They may this year, but that remains to be seen.  Only speculation at this point.

I believe we match up better with Crosby than BH. Several teams in the DFW area run the slot offense and it wasn't Westerberg's first go-round. I'm amazed how much stock these 21-5A guys put in that first game though. I hope they continue with it as well as their respective coaching staffs. Moving Maverick back to QB alone would have changed the dynamics of that game. And, to answer 14.2, I wish Cosby would get PNG at the Rez so they could play against the 16 players they have suited up on the field. Go back and watch the first half of that game on HUDL or YouTube, I'll give you my password, and you'll understand what happened in the second half. It was nearly as bad as the nederville game. Score should have been 29 - 13 at halftime, Vidor. I think I'm gonna pull up some of the threads from 2011 to show how much barking 21-5A did before 22-5A went 3 - 1 with Dayton the only winner over PNG. Cosby was gonna clobber us then as well. BH got smashed by Ozen.

5 hours ago, robanadana said:

I believe we match up better with Crosby than BH. Several teams in the DFW area run the slot offense and it wasn't Westerberg's first go-round. I'm amazed how much stock these 21-5A guys put in that first game though. I hope they continue with it as well as their respective coaching staffs. Moving Maverick back to QB alone would have changed the dynamics of that game. And, to answer 14.2, I wish Cosby would get PNG at the Rez so they could play against the 16 players they have suited up on the field. Go back and watch the first half of that game on HUDL or YouTube, I'll give you my password, and you'll understand what happened in the second half. It was nearly as bad as the nederville game. Score should have been 29 - 13 at halftime, Vidor. I think I'm gonna pull up some of the threads from 2011 to show how much barking 21-5A did before 22-5A went 3 - 1 with Dayton the only winner over PNG. Cosby was gonna clobber us then as well. BH got smashed by Ozen.

Still butt hurt I see........yall did absolutely nothing in the second half. Just let it go, PNG won because they were the better team that night. Even if the score was 29-13 at halftime yall still didn't score another point and they still put over 40 on yall.

26 minutes ago, pakronos said:

sorry, but Coach Matthews gotta take the L against PNG. you had them on the ropes!! calling onside kicks back to back, IMO is what did Vidor in. you make them drive the field.

Vidor did not do back to back on side kicks. It would've been a different game had the onside not been taken away by the refs with 4 mins left in the first half. 

16 minutes ago, vp93 said:

Vidor did not do back to back on side kicks. It would've been a different game had the onside not been taken away by the refs with 4 mins left in the first half. 

I saw the game on replay.. the refs were like u threw the flag now what do we call it on..even the commentaries didn't know what the flag was for. 

18 hours ago, Seadog said:

Vidor would surprise the hell out of Barbers Hill this go around ! The combination of personell changes and field conditions would turn the tables on this matchup. Vidor using the angle blocking attack and their running backs relying on hard cuts really hurt them in the first game considering the harsh field conditions. On turf , Vidor by 17 !

Throwing Dual-V's as we speak !

yep - we see you....

double v.jpg

11 hours ago, robanadana said:

Bro......... Your are in a fantasy world....... Blaming a game on refs? That's nothing more than a excuse for a losing team... I have never played in or watched a game that refs determined the outcome of a game..... In Vidors case surely not 70% of the time.... The reason Vidor lost is simple.... They don't have near enough horses. The QB is a great athlete... But the coach wore him out to the point he couldn't hardly stand up... Your other RB was hurt the whole game but manned up and played on a bum ankle.... Same story every year. Not enough horses in a offense that beats those kids up..... There is a reason why nobody in the state of Texas with exception of a few teams runs your outdated offense... If you are playing from behind you are doomed.  I'm all for Vidor winning in the playoffs... But they will not beat a team that can put up points..... Period..... Or let me rephrase.  You have about a 30% chance.... You like to always point out arrogance and trash talking... I am here to point out ignorance and false statements... This is 2016... Forget about the greatest season Vidor ever known.... That's over....... Respect is earned...... All the coulda, woulda, shoulda..... 

39 minutes ago, Pirate fan 85 said:

I saw the game on replay.. the refs were like u threw the flag now what do we call it on..even the commentaries didn't know what the flag was for. 

I agree it probably was a bad call. I watched the cal many many time from 4 different angels. I still to this day do not know what the call is. I do know this. The ball just eclipsed the 10 yards needed to touch the ball. The only thing I could guess is the ref had a bad angle and thought it did not make the 10 yards, I am not sure one news source said it was an illegal touch, another place I read some sort of illegal block type deal. I have a good friend who works with TASO. I will shoot him a copy and ask his opinion on the matter. He can probably find out what the call is as well. This all being said. And assuming that Vidor would have scored. PNG still shut them out the whole second half. The reason was a simple but really good defensive adjustment that changed the dynamic of the stout Vidor offense. Vidor is one of the top offenses in district for a reason. They are difficult to play. Robanadana is right about the fact that its hard to stop when you never see it. Lets face it Vidors execution of it is stellar this season. They will be tough for any team in the playoffs!!!!

18 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I agree it probably was a bad call. I watched the cal many many time from 4 different angels. I still to this day do not know what the call is. I do know this. The ball just eclipsed the 10 yards needed to touch the ball. The only thing I could guess is the ref had a bad angle and thought it did not make the 10 yards, I am not sure one news source said it was an illegal touch, another place I read some sort of illegal block type deal. I have a good friend who works with TASO. I will shoot him a copy and ask his opinion on the matter. He can probably find out what the call is as well. This all being said. And assuming that Vidor would have scored. PNG still shut them out the whole second half. The reason was a simple but really good defensive adjustment that changed the dynamic of the stout Vidor offense. Vidor is one of the top offenses in district for a reason. They are difficult to play. Robanadana is right about the fact that its hard to stop when you never see it. Lets face it Vidors execution of it is stellar this season. They will be tough for any team in the playoffs!!!!

Agreed, Vidor not being able to keep their on side kick before half and not being ready for the PNG onside kick after the half was a big momentum change. And for what ever reason the ball distribution in the 2nd half was not very good. PNG was the better team that night. That's the way it goes sometimes. Hope to see both teams make deep playoff runs.

From my understanding this is what was called on the field. The PNG player was in a positions to make the attempt but a Vidor player blasted him before he touched it. This was taken from the NCAA RULES, which also the same rules Texas High School Football follows.

F. During a free kick a player of the receiving team in position to receive the

ball has the same kick-catch and fair-catch protection whether the ball is

kicked directly off the tee or is immediately driven to the ground, strikes the

ground once and goes into the air in the manner of the ball kicked directly

off the tee.

G. Contact by Team A involving a targeting foul (Rules 9-1-3 and 9-1-4) or other

personal foul that interferes with the receiver’s opportunity to catch a kick

may be ruled either as interference or as a targeting or personal foul. The

15-yard penalty is enforced at the spot where the dead ball belongs to Team

B or at the spot of the foul, at the option of Team B.

28 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

From my understanding this is what was called on the field. The PNG player was in a positions to make the attempt but a Vidor player blasted him before he touched it. This was taken from the NCAA RULES, which also the same rules Texas High School Football follows.

off the tee.

G. Contact by Team A involving a targeting foul (Rules 9-1-3 and 9-1-4) or other

My understanding is after the ball goes 10 yards it is a free ball unless fair catch is called. You can't get a fair catch protection without calling fair catch. That's the whole purpose of doing an onside kick. But at this point it really doesn't matter. They weren't able to get the ball without keeping the officials out of it. It was executed well just didn't go there way. Time to rest and get ready for PAM.

39 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

off the tee.

This is what I thought the call was at the game but watching the video, the player in position to make a play on the ball was not contacted. The ball was actually fielded behind that player.

14 minutes ago, Realville said:

My understanding is after the ball goes 10 yards it is a free ball unless fair catch is called. You can't get a fair catch protection without calling fair catch. That's the whole purpose of doing an onside kick. But at this point it really doesn't matter. They weren't able to get the ball without keeping the officials out of it. It was executed well just didn't go there way. Time to rest and get ready for PAM.

you can still have catching inference without calling a fair catch, just think about a punt because it happens there a lot. If the defender hits before he can catch the return it, its a fifteen yard penalty.  

19 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

you can still have catching inference without calling a fair catch, just think about a punt because it happens there a lot. If the defender hits before he can catch the return it, its a fifteen yard penalty.  

Understand what your saying but it wasn't a punt. After 10 yards it's like a fumble it's a live ball that is my understanding. It defeats the purpose of doing an onside kick an then give the player the opportunity to catch it. It had already hit ground before it bounced up for him to catch it. You can let a punt roll dead. Like I said it doesn't matter at this point. The video doesn't line up with what you are saying. Sometimes refs get wrong.