Hardin-Jefferson 17 Liberty 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

My senior year at HJ (2001) we were 8-0 and state ranked and underdog Liberty came to sour lake and beat us by a 2-point conversion in triple overtime to ruin our perfect season.  To be fair, our 2000-yd running back and our 1st team all district qb were out hurt.  Still, I'm glad that the Hawks could finally return the favor last night.

And on a final minute field goal none the less.... :)

It looks like Liberty is trying to let their Qb throw the ball more, 2 interceptions when Liberty has been in scoring position. Bad play calling when your back is against the wall you have to go with what you know. No way on earth i dont give it to that monster in the back field. Also, if Liberty goes into the spread against WOS i would be very dissapointed. Ive seen a couple teams play them that way on film and well, yall know what happen. Gotta really go out there and punch them in the mouth.

1 hour ago, setxnative96 said:

It looks like Liberty is trying to let their Qb throw the ball more, 2 interceptions when Liberty has been in scoring position. Bad play calling when your back is against the wall you have to go with what you know. No way on earth i dont give it to that monster in the back field. Also, if Liberty goes into the spread against WOS i would be very dissapointed. Ive seen a couple teams play them that way on film and well, yall know what happen. Gotta really go out there and punch them in the mouth.

If they don't throw the ball more than a few times, they have zero chance. Who have you watched run the spread against us? Curious. Who have you seen "punch them in the mouth" with success? Kennedale is the only team to score on our D, and it was 36-0 when they finally did.

41 minutes ago, WOS99 said:

If they don't throw the ball more than a few times, they have zero chance. Who have you watched run the spread against us? Curious. Who have you seen "punch them in the mouth" with success? Kennedale is the only team to score on our D, and it was 36-0 when they finally did.

Guy, calm down. We know WOS is the #1 4a team holy hell, yall are top dogs in every game. Whats to argue?

If Shepherd lost to Buna you would have your hands full HJ. Again the score of the Liberty game did not indicate the domination nor did the score of the Buna game. Good luck and keep sleeping on them Hawks. Strap up next week against WOS, not sure you have an idea what ya bout get into. 8-2 don't look that bad. 

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Panther will be okay.  By this time tomorrow he will be fully focused on this week's game (if he isn't already).

This game was the proverbial trap game for Liberty and what happened to them is what often happens in trap games.

I think they will be in a huge trap Friday Night.

I will give credit to the big back Liberty has, as a player that played against Jerry Ball it looked all too familiar with 5-6 guys hanging on to drag that beast down. He is a solid back no doubt about it. WOS D-line is quick and there is not many times I have seen there is not 8-10 players in or close to any tackle that is made on the field. I think Liberty will struggle to move the ball against them. 

I'll be honest.. Liberty definitely had a good enough team to win this game.  In all honesty, they probably should've won the game.  Let me run some reasons by you that may have contributed to the close game and eventual loss.

Last week Liberty joined WOS in a ranking of some kind...which is most definitely a first for these Liberty kids.  Then...a buddy of mine told me that Liberty's town "fair" was last week and that the kids didn't even go to school half of the week.  In which case several of the kids most definitely slept in every day they were out...and probably stayed up late.  Then I see this guy coming on this site and talking about the Liberty/WOS game... I'm not saying that all of the kids were overlooking HJ.  I'm not saying the coaches were overlooking HJ.  But...somebody was.  And if one person was, chances are there were a few more. 

That is a lot of distractions for a bunch of 17 year old kids.  And to be honest...that's why I picked HJ to win in my pickems.  Not that I'm the guru of predicting high school football games.  But my reasons panned out in this instance.

40 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'll be honest.. Liberty definitely had a good enough team to win this game.  In all honesty, they probably should've won the game.  Let me run some reasons by you that may have contributed to the close game and eventual loss.

Last week Liberty joined WOS in a ranking of some kind...which is most definitely a first for these Liberty kids.  Then...a buddy of mine told me that Liberty's town "fair" was last week and that the kids didn't even go to school half of the week.  In which case several of the kids most definitely slept in every day they were out...and probably stayed up late.  Then I see this guy coming on this site and talking about the Liberty/WOS game... I'm not saying that all of the kids were overlooking HJ.  I'm not saying the coaches were overlooking HJ.  But...somebody was.  And if one person was, chances are there were a few more. 

That is a lot of distractions for a bunch of 17 year old kids.  And to be honest...that's why I picked HJ to win in my pickems.  Not that I'm the guru of predicting high school football games.  But my reasons panned out in this instance.

They out of school on Wednesday for the parade and fair.  Most kids join FFA and show their cows and pigs, rather than play on a Friday night.  Now I'm no Panther fan and not giving excuses for the reason they lost.