Elijah Hines is the best back from Port Arthur since...?

I would say if you kept it ro memorial, the last explosive back was holmes.the last good back was dauphine. I feel if they feed him like they did Friday, I think next year we can start looking at Jamaal status. Also you have to factor in this. The teams Jamaal faced were waaayy better than what this year's teams have faced. Jamaal would have shattered that record his junior year alone if he played in this district. Hines is fun to watch. If you want to compare him, I say he's like shanderrick due to stature. Burkins was a little bigger.

10 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Kameron Martin and Corey Dauphine. lol y'all have been blessed with talented RBs

Mean ol Kronos about to hurt feelings but imo, Martin was overhyped and didn't do nearly what they thought. I don't think he had a 100 yard game last year and when him and dauphine shared time, it was obvious who was the better back. He was a camp kid with good speed. Hines imo way better than Kam.

8 hours ago, pakronos said:

I would say if you kept it ro memorial, the last explosive back was holmes.the last good back was dauphine. I feel if they feed him like they did Friday, I think next year we can start looking at Jamaal status. Also you have to factor in this. The teams Jamaal faced were waaayy better than what this year's teams have faced. Jamaal would have shattered that record his junior year alone if he played in this district. Hines is fun to watch. If you want to compare him, I say he's like shanderrick due to stature. Burkins was a little bigger.

From seeing both ShanDerrick and him play, I would say Hines is tougher to bring down. Both are elusive but Hines have the breakaway speed Shan didn't have. If he gain 20 pounds he'll be a Burkins clone.

10 hours ago, pakronos said:

Mean ol Kronos about to hurt feelings but imo, Martin was overhyped and didn't do nearly what they thought. I don't think he had a 100 yard game last year and when him and dauphine shared time, it was obvious who was the better back. He was a camp kid with good speed. Hines imo way better than Kam.

Kam wasn't over hyped.  He just didn't have a QB who could run the zone-read properly like Singleton or Fisk.........

5 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Kam wasn't over hyped.  He just didn't have a QB who could run the zone-read properly like Singleton or Fisk.........

When he had his chances, he had no shift with him. His strength was sweeps and screens. Keep in mind, it's the same qb as it was for him two years ago. Also dauphine didn't have problems of running the ball with same qb. That's why I said over hyped. Dauphine had more yards from scrimmage and he wasn't the starter. 

Man Jamaal was a different kind of beast.  You're talking about possibly a

HOF running back.  Those types of players only come around once or twice in a decade.  In 2004. I watched Charles run for 400yds.  290 in the first half and didn't play the 4th quarter.  Spring had the best defense in district that year.  250yds against Midland another perennial powerhouse.  I know Hines is good.  However Jamaal Charles was great.  Before we compare him to greats He has to go for big games on a consistent basis.  If Jamaal played mis county schools they would have banned him. He would have went for 500 yards.  Easy.  You all probaly say I'm crazy but that's just how good Jamaal was..

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 7:01 PM, TxHoops said:

You would say he's better than Jamaal?

He is very close to being more rounded than Jamaal. Jamaal was a step quicker but I believe he has a better arsenal of moves and he has a lower center of gravity. Jamaal mostly outran people.  Hines can be contained and still find a way of escaping. I still stay Jamaal right now but if Hines get a step faster I'll go with him. Burkins is still the best all around Ive seen.

Jamaal was the most dynamic running back I have ever seen close up. No disrespect to Hines and what he can do, but like the other guy said, this guy dominated Powerhouse high schools like a man-child. He did the same thing at the next two levels as well, though that is another comversation. Jamaal was a little bigger as well.,

Hines is still very awesome. He looked like a little MJD with the turbo boost in the PN-G game. If he can do that (or if the coaches allow him to do it rather) in the playoffs and he sees similar success the next two years, I can give it to him. The fact of the matter is this, there is not a team in this district that can run with his team, let alone him, and that will change in the playoffs. I hope he is as successful as he can be.

4 hours ago, Bugsy78 said:

Man Jamaal was a different kind of beast.  You're talking about possibly a

HOF running back.  Those types of players only come around once or twice in a decade.  In 2004. I watched Charles run for 400yds.  290 in the first half and didn't play the 4th quarter.  Spring had the best defense in district that year.  250yds against Midland another perennial powerhouse.  I know Hines is good.  However Jamaal Charles was great.  Before we compare him to greats He has to go for big games on a consistent basis.  If Jamaal played mis county schools they would have banned him. He would have went for 500 yards.  Easy.  You all probaly say I'm crazy but that's just how good Jamaal was..

I'm a little amazed too.  Hines has been very good, great at times in half a season of HS football.  And I've watched him since JR high.  I really like his game.  

But Charles has been great at all 3 levels and is one of the best RBs in the WORLD when healthy.  I think some just like to make outlandish arguments or maybe overhype.  But heck, I hear people who get paid to commentate do the same thing so...

Burkins was very good in HS and had a nice game or two at Baylor.  I know he had injury issues so tough to tell what could have been.  Still wouldn't put him on Jamaal's level.  

As far as PA running backs go, there is Jamaal and there is little Joe Washington and then you can argue about the rest after that at this point.  In my humble opinion of course...