Crosby 41 Dayton 34/FINAL-OT

WOSgrad

17 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

This has turned into a hug fest. Lol

Rather it's ironic or poetic, tonight was actually the night Dayton's 20+ year playoff streak ended mathematically. Was a combined playoff streak between Dayton and Crosby of 32 years I believe. As much trash as we talk I think Crosby fans can respect the fact we almost lost tonight. 

What you'll eventually understand as your team becomes the hunted is that this winning thing gets awful hard. 

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Rather it's ironic or poetic, tonight was actually the night Dayton's 20+ year playoff streak ended mathematically. Was a combined playoff streak between Dayton and Crosby of 32 years I believe. As much trash as we talk I think Crosby fans can respect the fact we almost lost tonight. 

What you'll eventually understand as your team becomes the hunted is that this winning thing gets awful hard. 

Heck, we had all we could handle with Humble. Speed from QB is giving us fits. Not good this late in the season heading to the playoffs. Good thing is we either get Vidor or PNG probably and I think we match up well with either one.

5 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Heck, we had all we could handle with Humble. Speed from QB is giving us fits. Not good this late in the season heading to the playoffs. Good thing is we either get Vidor or PNG probably and I think we match up well with either one.

I agree, I like y'all against either one. Probably would need 40 to beat PNG but if BH went out and executed I don't see any reason they could get it. 

Now you can feel like a Crosby fans do sometime. You have games left on you schedule that don't mean anything because you're locked into the playoffs yet you have to get through them healthy. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree, I like y'all against either one. Probably would need 40 to beat PNG but if BH went out and executed I don't see any reason they could get it. 

Now you can feel like a Crosby fans do sometime. You have games left on you schedule that don't mean anything because you're locked into the playoffs yet you have to get through them healthy. 

Yea, I'm curious to what Westerberg does, but we were airing it out tonight after had the game in the bag. I don't think he will really rest anyone since we have NC and then a bye week before finishing with Porter.

9 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Yea, I'm curious to what Westerberg does, but we were airing it out tonight after had the game in the bag. I don't think he will really rest anyone since we have NC and then a bye week before finishing with Porter.

As weird as it would be, if BH and Crosby both run the table they'll end up as co-district champs. I would consider Crosby the real DC like we did King though.

8 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Trying to get the stats from the game. Interested to see what Lagarius ended up with. 

8 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Trying to get the stats from the game. Interested to see what Lagarius ended up with. 

Wasn't going to be hard for him to get a lot of yards.  We tried to cover him like the Porter receiver that kept burning us.  I guess we didn't learn our lesson.  

Great game. But really Crosby yall know deep down inside yall know first or second round of the playoffs yall will be done with your defense yeah yeah i know you are going to playoffs and we are not but untile Crosby makes it to the State game like our Mighty Broncos did in 08. Broncos for life and best believe we will start a new streak in the playoffs starting next yeat

Crosby gonna have to find an answer for the skinny post. Or first round bounce. D completely shutdown the run game tho. Rio needs some discipline in that locker room. Penalties kept this game closer than it should have been. Would've liked to see #7 at qb and #16 at WR just one series.

43 minutes ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

No excuses needed this game.

I haven't seen or heard of any excuses either so you can take that crap somewhere else. Every fan and supporter knew coming in that stadium that they were about to see the true meaning of Friday night lights. If every game was like that one, can you imagine the turnouts. Although my Broncos came up short, I gotta give it to both teams, great game.

23 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

I haven't seen or heard of any excuses either so you can take that crap somewhere else. Every fan and supporter knew coming in that stadium that they were about to see the true meaning of Friday night lights. If every game was like that one, can you imagine the turnouts. Although my Broncos came up short, I gotta give it to both teams, great game.

I said repeatedly that any win over Dayton is a great win. That was the best of Texas HS FB. 

36 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

That comment was directed at "The Dragon only. Good hard fought game to Dayton.

Again congrats to the Cougars on a good game last night , I hope you guys represent 21-5a in playoffs the best way possible I love high school football and that game last night was a game I'll never forget . The upgrades Crosby made at the stadium is awesome. Nothing better than a high school rivalry game . Our Broncos played with pride but came up short