Silsbee vs Navasota

BADSANTA

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I'd like to see a break out game from Tre Lowe who will be returning from a injury and Willie Jones. 

Only way Jones has a breakout game is if Silsbee throws the ball 30 times or Jones finally starts hitting Barnes in stride with the very few chances he is allowed.  THAT will be the breakout moment and THAT will turn this offense loose when it happens, its the only way teams get 8/9 players out the box.

Until then though its not happening.  Not with Tyler AND Thomas in the backfield. 

Coach Smith will keep the Pro set going as long as Tyler and Thomas keep punishing defenses and hope that Jones' timing and more importantly, his confidence come to fruition with Barnes and then Lowe.

So far that hasn't happened.  Its so close though....

Again, jmo.

18 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Get the ball in Lowe and Barnes hands on the outside and thus will help. 

They've tried that multiple times. 

It takes way to long to develop and outside receivers are needed to help block while the lineman kick out to open up the seam. 

Neither the WR core OR the lineman have been able to do this with any speed and efficiency. 

Its also the reason Tyler doesn't take any swing passes outside anymore.  No blocking.

Barnes is fast but he doesn't seem to be able to break to many tackles from a starting position.  His strength is on the run in open space. 

Again, I defer to the experts.   jmo.

27 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have noticed very little blocking on the outside by any of the receivers.

I will say that with the absence of Lowe and Mackey this season that there are few options

that have presented themselves.

Bruce has played some but has spent the majority of his time on defense and special teams.

Symek has had his chances but a couple dropped TDs haven't helped his playing time.

I imagine that Coach Smith will welcome the addition of Lowe greatly and maybe, just maybe will stretch the field enough to get the underneath routes established with Lowe, Newton and maybe even a McCain sighting.

Silsbee JV beat Navasota JV in Navasota 30-21. We left at 1:00, early enough incase the traffic got bad and construction, and got there in plenty of time. The drive to Navasota was ok, but the drive home was brutal that night. Even with the 5:30 start time we  got home after 11:00. Wishing Navasota safe travels to and from the game tonight. TigerNation