Vidor 45 Lumberton 22/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, robanadana said:

I don't think Haylon's injury is serious, he was walking around the sidelines without any hindrances. May be one of those sprains Jeff doesn't want to chance with PNG coming up. Someone please let us know!

Hope it's not serious, he did have his pads and helmet on midway through the 4th.  He is a big part of the offense and you could definitely notice his absence (and speed) in the second half.

Yeah Tim, we did miss Haylon in the second half but I still think the penalties, especially personal fouls, are what did it. If I were Jeff, Saturday practice and some laps might take some of that craziness out of them. Certainly not Jeff Mathews football. Mav sure looked good at QB tonight, that kid just keeps getting better! 

6 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Curelove, Tim Riggins and the rest of you Pirate faithful i'm gonna warn you...the purple indians are really gonna be nasty this week on the board. They're scared, get ready for the put downs. MCM is gonna be meaningless this year. Wah, Wah, Wah....

Never scared. There is a single goal in mind. You are just the next opponent. Ill let the kid do his talking on the field next Friday

2 hours ago, Curelover32 said:

Run the table, you are in.  Win 3 out of last four with some help, you probably have a shot.

Yep, still have a shot! Gotta hang on to the ball! Can't keep giving opponents a short field! Get some kids back from injury. Had 4 defensive starters not playing tonight. Need to get them back! Young O-line is getting a little better each game! 

8 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Yep, still have a shot! Gotta hang on to the ball! Can't keep giving opponents a short field! Get some kids back from injury. Had 4 defensive starters not playing tonight. Need to get them back! Young O-line is getting a little better each game! 

I agree 100% about the O- line.  and your right, some great defensive players are out, but I'm still worried that the quarterback isn't running the ball as good as he was. Kind of new at this but even if the coach calls a passing play and he sees an opportunity to run, can't he? My opinion is he didn't have the best game and coach has 2 more quarterbacks waiting... maybe should have changed it up? (I tried to like but I had too many today or something... haha)

12 hours ago, robanadana said:

Great victory but I have to say it; we have to stop the STUPID penalties that kept Lumberton going in the 2nd half. Get rid of the personal fouls, not even close. Great job Pirates. As usual, Lumberton does not quit when they play us.

According to Chronicle stats, 11 penalties for 93 yards, smh.

17 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Just looked at the stats, did I read it right that Lumberton had 7 turnovers?

Sounds about right! I lost count. Vidor started too many possessions in our end of the field. The difference between winning programs and non winning programs is the ability to overcome adversity and not constantly shoot yourself in the foot. You don't have to have the most talent! Play disciplined, hard nosed football, and don't give your opponent free gifts! That's what happened in Livingston and Vidor. Must concentrate on Memorial and compete. Give yourself a chance to compete. Disciplined, assignment football. 

29 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

OK, 4/3 fumbles 3 interceptions. Dang...how many of those turned into quick points?

6 of them. All but one turned into points for us. Name of the game. Their QB took some shots...our defensive scheme is to hit the quarterback now. The pick 6 occurred when he threw while getting hit and it was picked off by #8, Payton Berg. 60 yard return for a TD through about 5 Lumberton players at the end of the first half. To answer Raider24, I don't think you have better talent than us this year. Haylon Leckelt sat the 2nd half against you with a bruised ankle. He scored the first two TDs on y'all.

46 minutes ago, robanadana said:

6 of them. All but one turned into points for us. Name of the game. Their QB took some shots...our defensive scheme is to hit the quarterback now. The pick 6 occurred when he threw while getting hit and it was picked off by #8, Payton Berg. 60 yard return for a TD through about 5 Lumberton players at the end of the first half. To answer Raider24, I don't think you have better talent than us this year. Haylon Leckelt sat the 2nd half against you with a bruised ankle. He scored the first two TDs on y'all.

#15 or 18 had the pick 6. Brock Vincent