South Jefferson County Football!

Mr. Buddy Garrity

3 minutes ago, Spyder53 said:

PA (South County) is a hotbed of talent in every sport,  always has been. They just need coaching with an understanding of the kids. A little give and take goes a long way.

We out here!! 

And SP had a kid offered in bball by Rhode Island couple days ago. :)

On 9/24/2016 at 11:49 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We out here!! 

And SP had a kid offered in bball by Rhode Island couple days ago. :)

My question is ... Was he offered that bball scholarship while still attending school in Port Arthur? I just dont see a scout coming all the way from Rhode Island to scout a 2A that just lost their longtime basketball coach. I went to school at Sabine In the early 2000's and there wasnt ever a scout at any sporting event ...

7 minutes ago, pitufo04 said:

My question is ... Was he offered that bball scholarship while still attending school in Port Arthur? I just dont see a scout coming all the way from Rhode Island to scout a 2A that just lost their longtime basketball coach. I went to school at Sabine In the early 2000's and there wasnt ever a scout at any sporting event ...

He also plays AAU. Now a days that's were most players get their looks. 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You might as well claim one of the MC schools too...  They're more cloaser to y'all than us.  Nederland.  Lol

If one of the kids from the Mid - County schools; is from PA and  cut his teeth on and fine tuned his game on the courts and fields of PA than he gets love and props from PA. We recognize the situation.

6 minutes ago, Spyder53 said:

If one of the kids from the Mid - County schools; is from PA and  cut his teeth on and fine tuned his game on the courts and fields of PA than he gets love and props from PA. We recognize the situation.

lol...not really...ANY kid that has gone to a MC school that's from PA got no love from media or by anyone else. why?? because imo they was never that good to begin with AND because they went to a MC school, scouts are not going to be kicking in the doors, unless it's baseball.

1 hour ago, Spyder53 said:

For myself, and the people I know. Ain't no hate for getting your kid to his destination. (ULL, UNLV, TAMU). If a situation is not conducive to you winning THAN you flip the script.

Oh trust me there's no hate. I just think it's laughable when I hear parents and relatives give that same ole excuse, "I want my kid to get a better education" but,  those same parents/relatives don't see to it that their kid isn't the problem in P.A.I.S.D. though. And when the kid goes to other districts, they make sure that their kid are "the model students."

2 hours ago, thaghost said:

Oh trust me there's no hate. I just think it's laughable when I hear parents and relatives give that same ole excuse, "I want my kid to get a better education" but,  those same parents/relatives don't see to it that their kid isn't the problem in P.A.I.S.D. though. And when the kid goes to other districts, they make sure that their kid are "the model students."

Well my brother was always a top 5% student while in Port Arthur and now is a top 10% student-athlete at PN-G. He has never been in any major trouble, suspensions, fights, whatever you can name.  He was always a model student. I was never challenged in Port Arthur either.  I skipped 2nd grade, and graduated early. I ALWAYS felt I was not challenged in school until I went to  Beaumont Kelly, where my previous middle school performance landed me a scholarship where my mom was paying $150-200 tuition. Now I am working on a graduate degree and I feel it was because my parents saw there was a need to challenge BOTH of us and invest accordingly. It gave me culture and experiences that MANY (but not all) of my friends back home have NEVER had the opportunity to have. If a parent thinks he or she is doing what is best for their child, it their business. I know my son is going to the BEST of the BEST, no matter the cost, because my parents sacrificed the same for me.

21 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Well my brother was always a top 5% student while in Port Arthur and now is a top 10% student-athlete at PN-G. He has never been in any major trouble, suspensions, fights, whatever you can name.  He was always a model student. I was never challenged in Port Arthur either.  I skipped 2nd grade, and graduated early. I ALWAYS felt I was not challenged in school until I went to  Beaumont Kelly, where my previous middle school performance landed me a scholarship where my mom was paying $150-200 tuition. Now I am working on a graduate degree and I feel it was because my parents saw there was a need to challenge BOTH of us and invest accordingly. It gave me culture and experiences that MANY (but not all) of my friends back home have NEVER had the opportunity to have. If a parent thinks he or she is doing what is best for their child, it their business. I know my son is going to the BEST of the BEST, no matter the cost, because my parents sacrificed the same for me.

I'll say this with all the sincerity I can muster up. I'm very happy for you and your little brother. However, my previous post was NOT directed toward you or him. It was a generalized statement. 

16 minutes ago, thaghost said:

I'll say this with all the sincerity I can muster up. I'm very happy for you and your little brother. However, my previous post was NOT directed toward you or him. It was a generalized statement. 

I didnt think you were referring to us. I just thought your generalization was a little inaccurate. I know what you said indeed reflects a good number of kids who do transfer, but not all of them. Respectful disagreement.

2 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I didnt think you were referring to us. I just thought your generalization was a little inaccurate. I know what you said indeed reflects a good number of kids who do transfer, but not all of them. 

I didn't say ALL of them. The only point I was making was that is the "excuse" I hear 9 times out of 10. 

57 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Well, I am so glad I don't have school age children.  I'd home school my children before sending them to a all-white situation.  I'd rather educate business owners(potentially) than just more self-hating individuals with no knowledge of self.......

No Child Left Behind has some of you thinking Mr. Charlie's waters is more wet than it is in PA and or BMT......

Forget that. When a weak excuse come up, I say well that kid need to not play sports and focus on the books since that's why they so say transferred. I have more respect if they say, Kenny ray was messing over my son. Again generalized statement  because kids have come our of memorial that excelled more than rochonbigbro. If your child or that adult think football or sports is the ticket to get an education, then please go to a mid county school. History proves that ish dint work.