Beaumont West Brook 28 Houston St. Thomas 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

You must be drinking the Bridge City water. Smh... WOS playing teams that the Beaumont Bulls would beat.

Yeah, and the reason WOS is playing those teams is because no one else had the footballs to play them. Heck, the story is, Cornell had to agree to buy the whole KIPP team a fish dinner after the game, just to get them to play WOS.

1 minute ago, XX Man said:

Yeah, and the reason WOS is playing those teams is because no one else had the footballs to play them. Heck, the story is, Cornell had to agree to buy the whole KIPP team a fish dinner after the game, just to get them to play WOS.

Good on CT, nice gift for those kids from Houston. 

Now back to WB, congrats on the win versus those recruits of St. Thomas :)

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

WB getting feisty after edging out a decent private school.  

Best two teams in the triangle are WOS and Memorial.  If you haven't seen the Mustangs yet, you should.  If you haven't played them yet, consider yourself fortunate. 

When than darn KJ gets the ball, it is disaster for the opposing team, if he has 2ft of free space. I have never seen someone that can do a 90 deg cut and never slow down, before him. It is amazing. You don't see that at pro level.

Congrats to WB!

A nice win for the Bruins.  While they may be struggling a bit this year, St. Thomas is a juggernaut that is usually playing after most programs in this area have broken out the basketballs.  For those who doubt, this is a significant feather in the cap of West Brook. 

As to the West Brook/WO-S mythical matchup, I don't know why so many of my fellow Mustang fans are so enamored with such a game.  West Brook is not on WO-S' schedule and has not been on their schedule for over 23 years as Coach Hooks stopped scheduling them long ago and I don't have any indication that Coach Thompson has tried to reverse that.   Anyway, for the immediate future, Coach Flanigan and the Bruins should be (and I am sure that they are) concerned with a bunch of Bears while Coach Thompson and the Mustangs should be (and I know that they are) concerned about a bunch of Tigers.

WO-S doesn't have to beat everyone in the area to get respect, just the folks that agree to line up against them.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

A nice win for the Bruins.  While they may be struggling a bit this year, St. Thomas is a juggernaut that is usually playing after most programs in this area have broken out the basketballs.  For those who doubt, this is a significant feather in the cap of West Brook. 

As to the West Brook/WO-S mythical matchup, I don't know why so many of my fellow Mustang fans are so enamored with such a game.  West Brook is not on WO-S' schedule and has not been on their schedule for over 23 years as Coach Hooks stopped scheduling them long ago and I don't have any indication that Coach Thompson has tried to reverse that.   Anyway, for the immediate future, Coach Flanigan and the Bruins should be (and I am sure that they are) concerned with a bunch of Bears while Coach Thompson and the Mustangs should be (and I know that they are) concerned about a bunch of Tigers.

WO-S doesn't have to beat everyone in the area to get respect, just the folks that agree to line up against them.

Well said

7 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

The reason I thought a WB / WOS matchup would have been nice, is because both of them were playing teams that should have been below their caliber, at least this year, anyway. WB should have as good or better talent than WOS, just from shear numbers.

WB did have a situation to begin the year...  When Livingston as thrown into 22-5a at the last minute, it sent a it of teams into a whirlwind to quickly change their schedule.  It snowballed and effected West Brook because of Central.  So West Brook had to scramble to get a game for week 1.  I believe St. Plus agreed, which mean for the first time ever, West Brook wasn't going to plY Central...  West Brook later took St. Pius off the schedule after Central was able to mix and match their schedule Nd put Central on the schedule for week 1.  Long story short, West Brook's week 1 was the issue, not week 4 opponent...  I'm sure that if brook would've been in a pickle and needed a game, they would schedule WO-S...

• 2 weeks later...

Just so some of you know, if memory serves me correctly, one of the last times WOS, and WB played, would have been at Cardinal Stadium, on a Saturday in September, somewhere around 1991, or 1992. I remember because WOS was ranked #1, in 4A, and the Bruins were unranked. WB went on to win the game 41-10, and knocked the Mustangs from the #1 spot. I believe this was the last time the two teams met. Subsequently, WB went on to finish that season 10-0, and was ranked #4 in 5A at the end of the season. Moral of the story. I seriously don't think WB, or WOS, would benefit from playing each other.