Mayfield to Legacy

hsforlife89

A line from the newspaper.

Mayfield said he learned through an online news story that he would not be allowed to play for Nederland this season.

That is funny...since he learned of his dismissal from football in June.  Happy everyone has moved on. Just wish he would be a little more truthful and stat what is true. 

31 minutes ago, FARVA said:

A line from the newspaper.

Mayfield said he learned through an online news story that he would not be allowed to play for Nederland this season.

That is funny...since he learned of his dismissal from football in June.  Happy everyone has moved on. Just wish he would be a little more truthful and stat what is true. 

LOL..........I wish his Coaches was more truthful and stat what is true...I also understand if you don't get it in writing it's worthless .....unless your a STAND UP GUY, WITH YOUR WORD....

Would have been a 3yr starter, last yr All-District. And this year as the starting QB. So.....the coaches invest a whole offseason in grooming him, scheme there O around him. And Im sure replace him at safety as he will be under center. The single most important position on the field, and they just wake up one day and say you cant play this year?  Im calling BULL S@#T. Again,good luck to this young man.

4 minutes ago, Spyder53 said:

Whatever the truth is; is only the  business of the parties involved It has no bearing on any bodies else's  life or situation.  Once again Good luck and God bless to the young man. KEEP LOOKING FORWARD AND LEAVE THE HATERS BEHIND YOU.

Agreed! 

Coach Neumann didn't just wake up and decide to dismiss a couple of kids...every player understands his responsibilities to his team and to himself....Coach Neumann has dismissed players in the past, and believe me some were great players, as a fan I was disappointed in the ones dismissed in the past as I was this year. some of you need to know it is a discipline thing maybe you wouldn't understand...but around here the tail does not wag the dog.

6 minutes ago, Spyder53 said:

I feel confident to say most understand it's a discipline thing. The discipline has been handed out. The family has moved on. Now the kids gets a second chance. Some people seem like they don't want the kid to have a second chance. I Wonder why, that I don't understand. 

if you don't want people talking about your mistakes don't give an interview to the local paper talking about it.

this seemed to be a dead issue until the interview in the paper.

42 minutes ago, fox said:

if you don't want people talking about your mistakes don't give an interview to the local paper talking about it.

this seemed to be a dead issue until the interview in the paper.

Who said anything about CARING about people talking, as always talk is cheap. The question was WHY  does it seem like  some people  have a problem with the kid getting a second chance. It effects you HOW?

43 minutes ago, Knoddy1 said:

There was a second chance, it was ignored.

I don't any of the particulars of the situation, and unlike some I don't care to know. But let's just say you're right he had numerous chances.  The fact remains his FUTURE is ahead of him and whatever (happened) past tense is BEHIND him. So whether this is chance number two or twenty two he  has an opportunity to learn and grow from this. The discipline has been handed out, and the family has moved on. If some people are mad because the family didn't lay down, or not fight for their son oh well.  Keep hating and the kid will just keep playing. I'm off to another thread have a Blessed day.

25 minutes ago, bigdog said:

My advice, wish him well and move on.  If his father does not want to discuss the particulars of what happened, we shouldn't speculate or imply anything.  If that continues the thread will be locked.

Exactly.  Stop causing drama by trying to speculate.  Watch football.

18 hours ago, MAYFIELD said:

Thanks everyone for wishes, there are two sides to every story. Many are trying to put my son name in things he didn't do. So I guess it's time to tell story from start to finish. I hope all parties are down because to tell story you have to mention names.

please do I would love to hear the truth and not let this get brushed under the table!

I'm sure many would like to hear the WHOLE story, but regardless of the particulars what really matters is a YOUNG man gets the opportunity at a second chance. He obviously has people in his life that care enough about him to make this happen. Good luck to him and his family and I hope he gets the chance to play at the next level. He is obviously talented enough.

Just out of curiosity is there not 1 player in the Golden Triangle that this reporter could of written a story about that wasn't thrown off team for discipline reasons????

How bout writing about some kid who is a positive impact in his community, or an A student, or hasn't had to transfer all over town. Those would all be nice to read.

Not hating on the kid, but this is not a story that needs publicity.

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm just glad that Legacy allowed him to 'trim' his dread locks and not try to make him cut them off....

That's cool. Too many people fear culture in our country. My best friend is a dread head and a nuclear engineer out in Albuquerque 

13 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

Just out of curiosity is there not 1 player in the Golden Triangle that this reporter could of written a story about that wasn't thrown off team for discipline reasons????

How bout writing about some kid who is a positive impact in his community, or an A student, or hasn't had to transfer all over town. Those would all be nice to read.

Not hating on the kid, but this is not a story that needs publicity.

I, too, find issue with Mr. Thompson's seemingly one man crusade to turn the sports section of the Enterprise into the Golden Triangle version of "Outside the Lines."

10 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Who the hell would make him cut his hair? And isn't that illegal in this day and age?

Interesting question about e legality. I don't know the answer but wouldn't think it would be illegal just because playing is a privilege if it is part of team rules and the school district doesn't say otherwise, I would feel if you don't follow the rule you don't play.

17 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Who the hell would make him cut his hair? And isn't that illegal in this day and age?

He's willingly attending a private school, which I'm sure has a dress code. Perhaps there is a rule about hair length for boys. Some schools don't let boys' hair touch the collar of their shirt.

• WOSgrad pinned, locked and unpinned this topic