Vidor 48 Beaumont Central 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, Past Pirate said:

The middle of the field on defense is Vidor's biggest weak spot. Vidor has made some great improvements all over the filed on both sides of the ball, but need to fix the middle asap. It's not a personnel problem, it's a scheme issue before anyone thinks am calling anyone out. 

Well if thats a weakness yall are in deep trouble

5 hours ago, vidor96pirates said:

Png  doesn't stop it every year.  A couple of years ago Vidor let Png  play them for homecoming.  If I remember right Vidor was up 35-0 at halftime lol.

Yeah maybe because we didn't win but one or two games i can't remember,that year our team was not good,thats not going to happen this year,this def is very discipline and they hit hard trying to put you out,just ask lumberton fans,there was plenty of pops to go around,they had 178 yards of total off and it shouldn't have been that many,our off played sloppy alot keeping them around.

50 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

Here we go again another smart guy,this isn't grammer school,do you want me to start writing with Athority,thats all you came at me for after i was say Png is going to stomp a mudd hole in dem Pirates,better go tell coach he better throw the ball on us,because that run crap won't fly against a good def that knows whats coming=trouble!  EDUCATION= throw the ball or you get beat down

You show your age and ignorance by the way you communicate. Therefore, I could care less what your opinion on the outcome of a game. 

6 hours ago, Past Pirate said:

The middle of the field on defense is Vidor's biggest weak spot. Vidor has made some great improvements all over the filed on both sides of the ball, but need to fix the middle asap. It's not a personnel problem, it's a scheme issue before anyone thinks am calling anyone out. 

Like i told the other smart guy,except he wasn't from vidor,im finished with you,the only fact here is you know Png is going to break off your Pirates,so opinions don't mean jack,you need to use all that smart talk to get vidor a new field before someone breaks a leg out there in dem holes,peace out.

20 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

Like i told the other smart guy,except he wasn't from vidor,im finished with you,the only fact here is you know Png is going to break off your Pirates,so opinions don't mean jack,you need to use all that smart talk to get vidor a new field before someone breaks a leg out there in dem holes,peace out.

If you have something to add to this game, being Vidor vs. Central, then please proceed.  If not, then please refrain.

I'm glad the Pirates did well in this matchup. I was impressed with our tackling, pass coverage, and run game. It seems the team has matured quickly in many ways. There are still several things that need work; but, I'm hopeful. I'm not gonna bet the farm based on this game; but, we'll see how things develop with a few more games. 

As for Central, they have some potent threats and it seemed they were always about to make a big play. 

7 hours ago, Sleepy1 said:

I'm glad the Pirates did well in this matchup. I was impressed with our tackling, pass coverage, and run game. It seems the team has matured quickly in many ways. There are still several things that need work; but, I'm hopeful. I'm not gonna bet the farm based on this game; but, we'll see how things develop with a few more games. 

As for Central, they have some potent threats and it seemed they were always about to make a big play. 

Your comment on Central is right on.  They have the speed to break any play.   And the PAM game will be a doozy.

And although I don't go to the Vidor games, I keep up via the forum.  From what I've read, they put a few new wrinkles in - good.  And this big win is great, but again, you're spot on saving the farm.   I'm not an authority on football, but a few teams can give Vidor's O fits, PNG and Ltown.   Maybe the new stuff helps, maybe not.  The old, worn out saying, "one at a time", needs to be drilled into the Pirates head.  If they win the ones they should, they'll make the playoffs.  And if they win one or two everyone thinks they won't, fantastic.

Before we close this thread out, i had to do a little research...

Since the inception of Central (1986), the Pirates and Jaguars have played 25 times.  From 1986 to 1994, the Jaguars were 10-0 against the Pirates.  Because of classifications, the Jaguars and Pirates didn't play again until 2002.  From 2002 to 2016, the Jaguars lead the series 11-4, making it 21-4 overall.  I initially started this research to see if the 48 points given up Friday by the Jaguars was the highest ever to the Pirates.  The answer is no.  In 2009, under Coach Stowers, the Jaguars edged out the Pirates 57-56.  That Jaguar team went 3 rounds deep before loosing to Friendswood and finishing 9-4 overall.  Besides this years loss, the other 3 are...

2004...Pirates 17-14...Jaguars were 1-9 that year.

2011...Pirates 28-15...Jaguars were 2-8 that year.

2012...Pirates 40-21...Jaguars were 3-7 that year.

Every year, that the Jaguars have lost to the Pirates, they finished with a loosing record...ijs...

Edited by Jag Insider

5 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Before we close this thread out, i had to do a little research...

Since the inception of Central (1986), the Pirates and Jaguars have played 25 times.  From 1986 to 1994, the Jaguars were 10-0 against the Pirates.  Because of classifications, the Jaguars and Pirates didn't play again until 2002.  From 2002 to 2016, the Jaguars lead the series 11-4, making it 21-4 overall.  I initially started this research to see if the 48 points given up Friday by the Jaguars was the highest ever to the Pirates.  The answer is no.  In 2009, under Coach Stowers, the Jaguars edged out the Pirates 57-56.  That Jaguar team went 3 rounds deep before loosing to Friendswood and finishing 9-4 overall.  Besides this years loss, the other 3 are...

2004...Pirates 17-14...Jaguars were 1-9 that year.

2011...Pirates 28-15...Jaguars were 2-8 that year.

2012...Pirates 40-21...Jaguars were 3-7 that year.

Every year, that the Jaguars have lost to the Pirates, they finished with a loosing record...ijs...

Yall wont have a losing record like that this year, if the stooges were there yall would though. 100%. 

It is kinda weird though with all the close games yall have played that Vidor doesn't have more victories. 

It is way too easy for folks to get on here and bash foreman for all of centrals problems. Yes he is the head coach and praise and criticism come with the job, but maybe you need to look at structure as well. Vidor kids go through a structured program from the 7th grad on up. Matthews has been there how long? consistency! You dont see his name pop up on every job that comes open because I am sure vidor isd takes care of him.

Yes Beaumont ISD your team got beat by vidor. Tough to swallow, but oh well just blame toby! 

14 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

It is way too easy for folks to get on here and bash foreman for all of centrals problems. Yes he is the head coach and praise and criticism come with the job, but maybe you need to look at structure as well. Vidor kids go through a structured program from the 7th grad on up. Matthews has been there how long? consistency! You dont see his name pop up on every job that comes open because I am sure vidor isd takes care of him.

Yes Beaumont ISD your team got beat by vidor. Tough to swallow, but oh well just blame toby! 

Actually Central got beat by Vidor. 

11 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

If that were the case with the structured program, Central wouldn't lead Vidor this far in the all-time winning column and wouldn't have had a 3 year winning streak leading up to this game...

Also, who do you blame for not running the offense that was instilled in the offseason.  An offense that, whenever we seen it, we march down and score...