Vidor 48 Beaumont Central 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Set school records there if I remember correctly. Which makes me wonder wth is up with Central's offense. Whaley not walking back thru that door, neither is Jacquet. 

Don't need Whaley and Jaquet.  Just need to use the offensive weapons that he does have properly.  Whaley was 1 good back, we have 4 this year.  In my opinion #8 & #12, the better of the group didn't get enough carries.  But it doesn't matter who is back there if you don't have a threat of a passing game.  #2 doesn't have Jaquets wheels but I'd put his arm, accuracy and pocket presence up against his.  

31 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Just curious to know what Pig said before it was erased...

You know, it's human nature to be curious about it, but after I've thought about it a few minutes, I don't want to know.  All one has to do is watch the news and politics to see how hateful folks are getting.  I don't think 99% of us want that on this Forum.

Now, my final comment on the game.

These two teams went out and did their best.  The coaches mess up sometimes.  I did coaching LL baseball & football.  Coach Matthews probably messed up against BH.   He picked up the pieces, and saw the improvements today.   Coach Foreman tried something near the end of this game.   I expect (hope) him to build on that.

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

You know, it's human nature to be curious about it, but after I've thought about it a few minutes, I don't want to know.  All one has to do is watched the news and politics to see how hateful folks are getting.  I don't think 99% of us want that on this Forum.

These two teams went out and did their best.  The coaches mess up sometimes.  I did coaching LL baseball & football.  Coach Matthews probably messed up against BH.   He picked up the pieces, and saw the improvements today.   Coach Foreman tried something near the end of this game.   I expect (hope) him to build on that.

Very well said, maybe it's best i don't know.  

I met Coach Matthews years ago at my time at Legacy.  Class act then and as far as i know, he is still one.  He came over before the JV game and talked to a few of the Central fans that he knows.  It looked like he learned some things, hell a lot of things since week one and made the proper adjustments.

I want to believe that the Jaguar coaching staff will learn from this, the good and bad and put these young men in position to compete and be successful for the rest of the season...

14 minutes ago, REBgp said:

You know, it's human nature to be curious about it, but after I've thought about it a few minutes, I don't want to know.  All one has to do is watch the news and politics to see how hateful folks are getting.  I don't think 99% of us want that on this Forum.

Nope...  We'll go right back to what started this Vidor game and then when were behind by 2 scores, we'll see and adjustment...  It's become the norm over the last 4 years...

The thing about the Vidor O...if you do not get a handle on it they will run on you all night. This club is a good club, obviously by the score. Jags are good, they just couldn't get control of Vidor's run game and frustration set in. When you get frustrated sometimes you overcompensate. Didn't see the game but sure that's what happen. I may be wrong.

I kinda want to know what was said, I can't lie. If you don't want to put it out on the board again I understand, PM me if you can. If you don't want to, no biggie. I'm just curious.

On a brighter note, congrats to Coach Matthews on the win. One of my favorite coaches to cover and talk to in all of my time at the Enterprise. Great guy. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Hell of a complete game, Vidor.  Yoi4e players are hard nosed.  They tackle well, They block and stay on them.  Your RB's are hard to bring down.  Y'all pretty much whipped our defense's arse into submission.... Well done, and y'all have earned my respect by beating us on the road like that.

Jag Insider, I know that 'he' is your guy, but I've seen enough.  He still calls plays like it's 2013.  The Jet Sweep haven't worked in 4 years...  You can't run a shotgun spread when your qb's passes looks like dying ducks.  You've practiced the flex bone ALL spring and summer and it's been proven to work,  it you went to it in a DISTRICT game a grand total of ZERO times.  While our defense kept getting thrown on the field, and we kept getting scored on, you seemed ok with it as you didn't get in ANY player's face about anything.  The ultimately crappy move was waiting till late in the 4th to bring the backup QB in.  That kid lead the offense down the field for a score and looked good on some intermediate passes.  I'm convinced that someone just can't accept that they don't have a great offensive mind and don't give themselves credit that they have only ONE great attribute for a coach.... You're a great players coach.  THATS IT.

It's to a point that now, all of these kids you've overseen for 4 years.  No excuses now.  And whenever letdowns like this happen, I will be on his arse every week...

You make some valid points buddy.  I'm not on here to bash him or any other coach.  I was once on the sideline before changing my profession for the benefit of my family.  It's easy to always 2nd guess on this board after the fact.  I have 2 kids and other family in the program.  If i need to talk to him, which i don't, i have access to him as well as him to me.  My job title is Process Operator, no longer firefighter, corrections officer or COACH.  So I'll intrust him and his staff to get it together.  There are 7 games left in district play. Win 5 of those 7, and we will be guaranteed a playoff spot.  It won't be easy but they have the kids to do.  

You and others may think I'm crazy but i think his playbook is fine, it just requires the threat of a passing game.  Hence the Jaquet years.  If a DC knows a offense can't beat you with the pass, how do you think they are going to play you?  Give #2 Davis the start, after today, what's the worse that can happen?  You can always go back to the other if it doesn't work out. The offense technically only scored 3 TD's today the other was on a kick return #12 Moreaux. 3 last week against Tompkins and 3 against West Brook.  

We have to get more balanced to be successful...

The Defense will be fine.  They'll put there big boy pants back on and get ready for the Titans next week...

Hope Ruffins ankle doesn't keep him out next week.

28 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

You make some valid points buddy.  I'm not on here to bash him or any other coach.  I was once on the sideline before changing my profession for the benefit of my family.  It's easy to always 2nd guess on this board after the fact.  I have 2 kids and other family in the program.  If i need to talk to him, which i don't, i have access to him as well as him to me.  My job title is Process Operator, no longer firefighter, corrections officer or COACH.  So I'll intrust him and his staff to get it together.  There are 7 games left in district play. Win 5 of those 7, and we will be guaranteed a playoff spot.  It won't be easy but they have the kids to do.  

You and others may think I'm crazy but i think his playbook is fine, it just requires the threat of a passing game.  Hence the Jaquet years.  If a DC knows a offense can't beat you with the pass, how do you think they are going to play you?  Give #2 Davis the start, after today, what's the worse that can happen?  You can always go back to the other if it doesn't work out. The offense technically only scored 3 TD's today the other was on a kick return #12 Moreaux. 3 last week against Tompkins and 3 against West Brook.  

We have to get more balanced to be successful...

The Defense will be fine.  They'll put there big boy pants back on and get ready for the Titans next week...

Hope Ruffins ankle doesn't keep him out next week.

Even Boseman got dinged up...  Is he alright?  

I'm sorry, it was just painful to watch...  

If h just goes full out flex bone and we'd lose, I wouldn't say anything...

7 hours ago, Jag Insider said:
3 hours ago, Piratediehard said:

Way to go Pirates, you just put the district on notice that they better bring there A game...

Oh they want some!!!

I'm pretty sure Png can handle vidor,we have seen the off alot and they can shut it down,vidor won't beat us from just running,they better figure our some mad passing skills,vidor likes that off because it keeps the clock running,and leaves your off on sidelines while they grind the game from you,but i got news for vidor,that won't happen to png they have yalls number,and will shut that tricky crap down,i can't wait,but great win vidor i can't believe yall broke jags off like that,lol.