Vidor 48 Beaumont Central 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

I'm pretty sure Png can handle vidor,we have seen the off alot and they can shut it down,vidor won't beat us from just running,they better figure our some mad passing skills,vidor likes that off because it keeps the clock running,and leaves your off on sidelines while they grind the game from you,but i got news for vidor,that won't happen to png they have yalls number,and will shut that tricky crap down,i can't wait,but great win vidor i can't believe yall broke jags off like that,lol.

11 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I know one thing...  This Maverick Quirante...  He's gonna be instrumental in this Pirate team's success.  May not be as fast as big brother was, but he has just as much football instinct and strength though.  I just wished he didn't do it to my Jags...  Good luck on out.  I'll be a fan of the this team from here in out.  

Jags, prepare yourself for a bigger game in PA vs. Memorial starting now, let's win out.  Defense, I know that you're better than you showed yesterday.  

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I know one thing...  This Maverick Quirante...  He's gonna be instrumental in this Pirate team's success.  May not be as fast as big brother was, but he has just as much football instinct and strength though.  I just wished he didn't do it to my Jags...  Good luck on out.  I'll be a fan of the this team from here in out.  

Jags, prepare yourself for a bigger game in PA vs. Memorial starting now, let's win out.  Defense, I know that you're better than you showed yesterday.  

This means a lot coming from you.  I think yesterdays win opened up some eyes in the district,  but they just wont admit it on a public forum yet.  In this district anything and everything is up for grabs. 

What's fascinating, or funny, about the end of this thread, is the people writing off Central, just as many wrote off Vidor after the BH debacle.  Any team that wants to take Central lightly because of this game will find Jaguar claws all over their behinds.  I don't think anyone else in the 22-5A runs the Slot T.   Oh, and they only lost by 12 points to 6A WB, who is undefeated.  I doubt few, if any, teams in 22-5A could stay within 12 points of the Bruins.  Just as many were anxious to write off Ned last year after two games.  Make no mistake, you take the Jags and the Pirates lightly at your on peril.

6 minutes ago, sportsfan_01 said:

This means a lot coming from you.  I think yesterdays win opened up some eyes in the district,  but they just wont admit it on a public forum yet.  In this district anything and everything is up for grabs. 

Thanks.

Exactly.  Play turnover free ball, sound defense and run the ball well and you'll win in this bdistrict.

3 minutes ago, REBgp said:

What's fascinating, or funny, about the end of this thread, is the people writing off Central, just as many wrote off Vidor after the BH debacle.  Any team that wants to take Central lightly because of this game will find Jaguar claws all over their behinds.  I don't think anyone else in the 22-5A runs the Slot T.   Oh, and they only lost by 12 points to 6A WB, who is undefeated.  I doubt few, if any, teams in 22-5A could stay within 12 points of the Bruins.  Just as many were anxious to write off Ned last year after two games.  Make no mistake, you take the Jags and the Pirates lightly at your on peril.

Lee and Livingston runs a variation of it...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lee and Livingston runs a variation of it...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lol, shows you what I know.  Knew Liv use to run it, but I thot they'd changed, and had no idea about Lee.  Anyway, they don't run it as well as Vidor does.  Point is, Central will be back.   Admire your post about Maverick/Pirates, and to copy you, I'm pulling for the Jags the rest of the way.  To many have wrote off these two teams.  

16 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Lol, shows you what I know.  Knew Liv use to run it, but I thot they'd changed, and had no idea about Lee.  Anyway, they don't run it as well as Vidor does.  Point is, Central will be back.   Admire your post about Maverick/Pirates, and to copy you, I'm pulling for the Jags the rest of the way.  To many have wrote off these two teams.  

Well, we have much more work to do than Vidor.  

The  thing that Vidor could possibly do better is play calling and penalties...  Vidor passed a few times and it was incomplete.  No need to pass when you're getting 7 yards a pop.  And with Central's defense tired, the incomplete pass stops the clock and gives the defense a chance to rest and substitution.  And the pentalties will put that run offense in a bind when they play really good teams like PAM or PN-G...

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The  thing that Vidor could possibly do better is play calling and penalties...  Vidor passed a few times and it was incomplete.  No need to pass when you're getting 7 yards a pop.  And with Central's defense tired, the incomplete pass stops the clock and gives the defense a chance to rest and substitution.  And the pentalties will put that run offense in a bind when they play really good teams like PAM or PN-G...

I agree.  My take on that offense, if you're able to run the ball, it's because the D is still guarding the receivers, and if the D is stopping the run, the receivers are probably open.   Which I suspect is how several of the Dist opponents do stop it.

I wasn't gonna comment but I will. First of all Jags aren't out of contention for a playoff spot. Alot of athletes that can play . Central tried to run early, but we got on them pretty good.  Vidor Offense moved the ball at will. Tough running by all RB's. I think when the Central QB did play action pass was trying to go for long ball. Both corners covered the receivers man on man and it just wasn't there. He had no one else to throw to because he rolled out to opposite side of the field, looking for the homerun ball. It wasn't there and he kinda panicked and either threw it away or had to run. Second half Central went to the crossing routes ,and it was effective. Vidor never had to punt, Central did a couple times. The fake punt shocked me, wasn't a wise choice. Overall Central is a good team with much to work with. Vidor has gotten better in the last few weeks with the adjustments. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way

1 hour ago, piratefan said:

I wasn't gonna comment but I will. First of all Jags aren't out of contention for a playoff spot. Alot of athletes that can play . Central tried to run early, but we got on them pretty good.  Vidor Offense moved the ball at will. Tough running by all RB's. I think when the Central QB did play action pass was trying to go for long ball. Both corners covered the receivers man on man and it just wasn't there. He had no one else to throw to because he rolled out to opposite side of the field, looking for the homerun ball. It wasn't there and he kinda panicked and either threw it away or had to run. Second half Central went to the crossing routes ,and it was effective. Vidor never had to punt, Central did a couple times. The fake punt shocked me, wasn't a wise choice. Overall Central is a good team with much to work with. Vidor has gotten better in the last few weeks with the adjustments. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way

Those crossing patterns were there and the backup QB saw them and threw the pass...

Decision making and accurate passes just isn't the starting QB's forte.  They did good lining him up and WR.  He even caught a pass... Yes a pretty good runner though.  Utilize that... If thatsbthe case, I think we'll be ok.  Just my 2 sense...

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Penalties have definitely been an issue so far this year.  The major penalties can be drive killers with this offense.  Cost one TD and one very likely TD against Pasadena Memorial.  

8 hours ago, Vpirate02 said:

don't count your chickens before they hatch 99.

oh im counting them brother,just like i was counting on that L train beat down,yall will not run the ball on our def like that,there better than last year against the run,and what was the score last year,and we stopped the run,Bf knows how to stop that off,i give it to yall put it to them jags bad,but png is not central,i know yall will get yards on us thats a tricky off to stop,and vidor runs it better than anyone i know,it will be a good game,but vidor will not be able to stop our off they are very good just ask lumberton,it should have prolly been 50-0 we hurt our selfs and it kept them hanging around,oh and train def is pretty good too so yall better not look past them either,they are a good team,we just have to any weapons to hit you with,jmo.

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'm not writing off jags they just faced an off that no one else in this district runs,and its tricky to stop,when your watch it from stands its hard to tell who has the ball until there up field headed for pay dirt,that off drains the clock on you if you can't get them off the field,but you have to pass the ball more than once when play png,they will shut that run down im telling you,just watch and see,im not saying nobody else can't stop them im just saying png knows how to stop that run,we do it every year,but with that said you know the runs coming so stop it,if not your in big trouble even png if they start running wild on us and tire you down,the key to beating vidor is keeping your def off field as much as possible or your in trouble,i think its a wake up to all coaches,im glad we didnt play them first game who knows what could have happened,lol

1 hour ago, class-99 Indians said:

oh im counting them brother,just like i was counting on that L train beat down,yall will not run the ball on our def like that,there better than last year against the run,and what was the score last year,and we stopped the run,Bf knows how to stop that off,i give it to yall put it to them jags bad,but png is not central,i know yall will get yards on us thats a tricky off to stop,and vidor runs it better than anyone i know,it will be a good game,but vidor will not be able to stop our off they are very good just ask lumberton,it should have prolly been 50-0 we hurt our selfs and it kept them hanging around,oh and train def is pretty good too so yall better not look past them either,they are a good team,we just have to any weapons to hit you with,jmo.

Do you know the difference between a . and , ? Use that PNG education, if you have one. 

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Those crossing patterns were there and the backup QB saw them and threw the pass...

Decision making and accurate passes just isn't the starting QB's forte.  They did good lining him up and WR.  He even caught a pass... Yes a pretty good runner though.  Utilize that... If thatsbthe case, I think we'll be ok.  Just my 2 sense...

The middle of the field on defense is Vidor's biggest weak spot. Vidor has made some great improvements all over the filed on both sides of the ball, but need to fix the middle asap. It's not a personnel problem, it's a scheme issue before anyone thinks am calling anyone out. 

5 hours ago, Past Pirate said:

Do you know the difference between a . and , ? Use that PNG education, if you have one. 

Here we go again another smart guy,this isn't grammer school,do you want me to start writing with Athority,thats all you came at me for after i was say Png is going to stomp a mudd hole in dem Pirates,better go tell coach he better throw the ball on us,because that run crap won't fly against a good def that knows whats coming=trouble!  EDUCATION= throw the ball or you get beat down