West Orange-Stark 55 Bridge City 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

OH no doubt.   Chris Cole played for a bit and Greg Hill played for a few different teams and had a nice career.  I may be missing some others but those come to mind.  Just saying it's remarkable when you have little ole West Orange producing not one but TWO All Pros within two decades.  Only 4 DBs get named to that team each year.  Amazing to me. 

Yes one other that I can recall is Ernest Anderson, he had some time with the Detroit Lions back in the day, after playing for the West Orange Chiefs 

2 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

LU hasn't even offered my kid and he has 1 Offer and that's from Kentucky Christan (Football) Talked with 2 other Colleges about Baseball but they haven't offered neither......KJ went to the LA Tech, and Northwestern St Football Camps and totally dominated them...To where the coaches was praising him, but no offer......We also went to a loop FBU camp and KJ won MVP of the Entire Camp...Next Saturday we will attend Texas A&M Kingsville bekuz he was invite to there college...Us as a family knows its a process but the recruiting process is crazy and I don't know what they  are looking for out of him plus KJ has the grades to go with skill set....At one camp he was told, he  had all the right skill sets they where looking for but he 5'5".....I just constantly remind him to keep working and what God has in store for him nobody can ever take it away..As long as he keep earning his Respek like he doing..Whatever college takes a chance on him he will be a sleeper...People forget KJ was a 1st Team THSBA All State Baseball 2nd Basemen/2nd Team TSWA  All State Utility Player that hit .451....Sunday KJ has a workout in Houston for Some MLB Scouts and its a follow up from after watching him during the Summer while playing on his Cardinal Select Baseball Team.....Its great that he has options but as a parent its must I keep him focused at the task at hand..

+ 10000 his blessing is coming

6 hours ago, TimRiggins said:

Has KJ committed anywhere? He's spectacular. Lamar has really got to start getting some of these guys. Besides Mark Roberts and Depauldrick Garrett, I don't know of any WOS players that have played at LU. May be missing a few but that's a dang shame.

I am shocked too that he doesn't have a Lamar offer.  Would be hard to imagine he wouldn't instantly improve them as a kick/punt returner alone.   

10 minutes ago, D3zii said:

O ok, they have a picture going around on Fbook saying /showing them there..I didn't know so I was asking 

I saw the picture. It was very obviously Bridge City's color guard or some type of dancers on the track dressed in their white uniforms and someone from the WOS side posted it and said "the KKK showed up" Pretty disrespectful IMO. Just goes to show one persons actions don't reflect a whole communities.

3 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

LU hasn't even offered my kid and he has 1 Offer and that's from Kentucky Christan (Football) Talked with 2 other Colleges about Baseball but they haven't offered neither......KJ went to the LA Tech, and Northwestern St Football Camps and totally dominated them...To where the coaches was praising him, but no offer......We also went to a loop FBU camp and KJ won MVP of the Entire Camp...Next Saturday we will attend Texas A&M Kingsville bekuz he was invite to there college...Us as a family knows its a process but the recruiting process is crazy and I don't know what they  are looking for out of him plus KJ has the grades to go with skill set....At one camp he was told, he  had all the right skill sets they where looking for but he 5'5".....I just constantly remind him to keep working and what God has in store for him nobody can ever take it away..As long as he keep earning his Respek like he doing..Whatever college takes a chance on him he will be a sleeper...People forget KJ was a 1st Team THSBA All State Baseball 2nd Basemen/2nd Team TSWA  All State Utility Player that hit .451....Sunday KJ has a workout in Houston for Some MLB Scouts and its a follow up from after watching him during the Summer while playing on his Cardinal Select Baseball Team.....Its great that he has options but as a parent its must I keep him focused at the task at hand..

I remember a former player out of Midland named Tyrone Thurman.  He was a 5'3" wr/kick returner.  Texas Tech took him because he was a local kid and Spike coached him at Lee before going to Tech as an assistant.   He ended up being a first team all American his senior year at Tech.  

And KJ reminds me a LOT of Thurman.  

8 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Look here fellas' we forgot Bubba Smith, and Wade Phillips who were born in Orange. I don't know if they played for any of the Orange schools though. Maybe someone may have stories about these two amazing people.

Bubba played in Beaumont (I think for Charlton-Pollard, but I am not sure).  Wade played for PN-G.

30 minutes ago, TimRiggins said:

I saw the picture. It was very obviously Bridge City's color guard or some type of dancers on the track dressed in their white uniforms and someone from the WOS side posted it and said "the KKK showed up" Pretty disrespectful IMO. Just goes to show one persons actions don't reflect a whole communities.

O ok, eyes aren't what they use to be,,das why I asked...

49 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Look here fellas' we forgot Bubba Smith, and Wade Phillips who were born in Orange. I don't know if they played for any of the Orange schools though. Maybe someone may have stories about these two amazing people.

Wade's first coaching job was at Stark.