Jasper at Silsbee

tennisbc

55 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

Yes, I recall a Paris team doing that in '88.

More specifically, the only Silsbee team to defeat West Orange-Stark (2009) in 4A(3A) was 1-4 going into that game.

They ran the table and won district that year.

That being said, I think Silsbee gets their first win this weekend.

On September 6, 2016 at 10:56 PM, ST413 said:

Still going through the learning process on the offensive side especially. I feel Coach Smith is still putting in more each week and may not want to show all his cards until necessary.

Averaging 30 points a game so far and people still think our offense is the problem. I've been saying since we lost in the playoffs last year that our offense will be fine it's the defense that needs help. Our defense looked better last week and going to look better this week. Both sides of the ball is a learning process and both are getting better. TigerNation!!!

14 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Averaging 30 points a game so far and people still think our offense is the problem. I've been saying since we lost in the playoffs last year that our offense will be fine it's the defense that needs help. Our defense looked better last week and going to look better this week. Both sides of the ball is a learning process and both are getting better. TigerNation!!!

Been saying that about the offense all year. Giving up 50 points a game is the problem 

33 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Preach...

On 9/3/2016 at 10:40 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

True.

But an example:

1998 Silsbee

went 1-3 in non-district with one of those losses to WO-S, 17-0

went 5-1 in district, losing to Dayton, 45-38.

made it to regional finals losing to state runner up LaMarque, 20-14.

Silsbee beat WO-S in first round of playoffs. ;)

So yes, non district games do matter, but not near as much as the "other" games.

After all these years, it's still hard to agree with Aggie. But Aggie is correct. 

2 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Definitely.  My point was just that the offense has more to come.  Defensively the secondary has to improve and we need to keep up the better play against the run and limit the big plays.

Jasper has to control the ball as much as possible to limit Silsbee's opportunities on offense and keep our defense fresh. Given Silsbee's defensive struggles, that could happen and make it a long night for them. If that scenario doesn't play out, Jasper's in trouble because we're not built to win shootouts. 

18 minutes ago, Bulldog92 said:

Jasper has to control the ball as much as possible to limit Silsbee's opportunities on offense and keep our defense fresh. Given Silsbee's defensive struggles, that could happen and make it a long night for them. If that scenario doesn't play out, Jasper's in trouble because we're not built to win shootouts. 

Who are Jasper's big guns or notables?

On Tuesday, September 06, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Mustangs93 said:

They need to....best running back duo in the area

Right now they are. But in a couple weeks I might look at it differently.  Central has some gud backs.reminded if there line can hold up. ND they get there other running back back from his ankle injury. Png ND memorial has a couple of gud backs.reminded too.

4 minutes ago, dj said:

Right now they are. But in a couple weeks I might look at it differently.  Central has some gud backs.reminded if there line can hold up. ND they get there other running back back from his ankle injury. Png ND memorial has a couple of gud backs.reminded too.

Yea, the Central RB's could be good inbthe near future, but unproven.  The Silsbee RB's, one ran for over 1,400 yards in a deep playoff run and the other one was a 1,000 yard back last year and broke 5 records at Ozen...    

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Who are Jasper's big guns or notables?

Bubba Weathers is one of our best players on both sides of the ball, but he's a heck of a running back. I'm not as tuned in to most of the other guys, but I know there are a few standouts. Hopefully, some other Jasper fans that are actually in the area can give more input. I do my best to keep up, but my information is limited to listening to the games and occasional conversations with one of the radio guys.