Houston Heights at Crosby/Post updates here!

Red Dawn

I sat with Bellaire's offensive coordinator at the Lee and Westbury game and he told me last year they were a lot better. He said they were young but had some talent. They have the #7 overall player in the state for the 2018 class in Jalen Green, he's a 6-2 corner that looks like he also plays some qb and receiver sometime. Crosby is going to have another test at the line of scrimmage but I suspect we pass his one. Here's the box score from their game with Fort Bend Travis:

This is the hidden content, please

I know Manvel had the more highly rated players but on film it looks like Reagan has better corners and their OLB #6 looks as good or better than any of the D1 LB's Manvel put on the field. Their nose tackle is 6-2/340lbs and looks like he's going to command two. This will be another great test for Crosby at the line of scrimmage. You can watch some of the highlights from their last game against Fort Bend Travis on their home page:

This is some of what I was talking about with Reagan at the line of scrimmage. #99 looks to be well over 300lbs and they have another DT #62 listed at 6-2/340lbs. Reagan's corners have 32 offers between them but #6 you see in the picture trying to deflect a pass is their best defender, he had 13 sacks in 11 games last year. He's plays OLB and is listed at 236lbs which makes the jump even more impressive. This will be another test for Crosby before we finally start district play next week:  

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Smh....  Regan.. is the topic of discussion.  

Reagan yeah bi dist finalist 2015(lost Strake Jesuit 21-13),along the way beat Rich Foster 28-26(that beat WOS) and Humble 34-12.2014 Bi dist finalist(lost to Katy Taylor)2013 bi dist champs,lost 2nd rd P Dawson.They can play

1 minute ago, liltex said:

Reagan yeah bi dist finalist 2015(lost Strake Jesuit 21-13),along the way beat Rich Foster 28-26(that beat WOS) and Humble 34-12.2014 Bi dist finalist(lost to Katy Taylor)2013 bi dist champs,lost 2nd rd P Dawson.They can play

He's oblivious to anything that goes on outside of the Triangle.

22 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Smh....  Regan.. is the topic of discussion.  

Central wouldn't beat Heights, they would find a way to lose that one, sorta like the WB game every year. I wish Central would play one of those HISD teams from that 6A district over there like we do every year it seems, Lamar or Heights vs Central would be entertaining for some. 

6 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Should've scheduled two 22-5A teams and started the season 2-0 I guess.

Yeah, then the talk would've been "Why don't y'all play somebody tough in non-district". He even said something about our scrimmage schedule last year yet Central lost to King the week after we beat them by 40.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Central wouldn't beat Heights, they would find a way to lose that one, sorta like the WB game every year. I wish Central would play one of those HISD teams from that 6A district over there like we do every year it seems, Lamar or Heights vs Central would be entertaining for some. 

Protest in writing already sitting on (hold/send) to admins

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

HISD football is horrible, with the exception of Lamar or maybe even Bellaire.  Every one in a while you'll get the hit and miss talent, .... Regan...kind of like 2006 Houston Sterling....  

Every post you make you show you know nothing outside of GT football. Comparing a 5A team from ten years ago to a current 6A with 1000 more kids is pretty dumb. That's like comparing Madison now to the Madison that Vince Young and Courtney Lewis played for. I know that's all relevant to you since Central hasn't been relevant since.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Every post you make you show you know nothing outside of GT football. Comparing a 5A team from ten years ago to a current 6A with 1000 more kids is pretty dumb. That's like comparing Madison now to the Madison that Vince Young and Courtney Lewis played for. I know that's all relevant to you since Central hasn't been relevant since.  

Whereas MECCA have just gotten relivant like 5 years ago...  Let's see... Well last year, a 2nd round loss , just like Many other local teams.  So relevant may be an overstatement...

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Whereas MECCA have just gotten relivant like 5 years ago...  Let's see... Well last year, a 2nd round loss , just like Many other local teams.  So relevant may be an overstatement...

Yall may be facing them 1st round. :)

And get some mental toughness for ya phone man. 

43 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If we shape up like we should be shaping up, (winning district), well be a formidable opponent for those guys...  Season's end, we should be rolling...

Problem is that y'all never shape up. Very comparable to an HISD squad if you ask me. Decent talent, mediocre coaching and long list of excuses about what you could be. You sound exactly like the guys form Westbury I was sitting by last week telling me about their NFL players while they lose to Lee. 

Reagan...err Heights HS....I played for them in the early 90's(Showing my age).....LAST years team would've kept it.......within 21 of Crosby....this team isn't as good as last years. Crosby wins going away. Like all HISD schools not named Lamar....they struggle vs non-HISD Schools......losing to the Strake Jesuit's, Katy Taylor's FB Travis' and other 4th place teams in the area.