More Proof Of Media Bias

Hagar

6 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Still rebuilding from Ike through HUD.  You wouldn't believe the amount of waste and fraud in these programs.  Well I guess you probably would. 

I should write a book......

Being entrenched in Galveston Co. politics and seeing what's going on just from the Republican party...nothing would surprise me anymore.  I'm totally jaded with local, state, and federal govt.  The old saying of "If you want to change something, you have to start with local govt. doesn't apply with these idiots.  State and Feds are exponentially worse.

4 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

This is the hidden content, please

The thing about Trump's tax returns are that there was nothing illegal done.  He used what was available according to the laws in the tax code.  Everyone on this site uses every loophole, credit, and deduction they can think of.  That is why I say abolish the IRS, and go to a flat tax.  

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

The thing about Trump's tax returns are that there was nothing illegal done.  He used what was available according to the laws in the tax code.  Everyone on this site uses every loophole, credit, and deduction they can think of.  That is why I say abolish the IRS, and go to a flat tax.  

Explain your thinking on flat tax.  If I am a trucker, can I deduct fuel and new tires, or maybe a new engine?  The point is, no matter how you structure it, there will always be deductions exploited by those who know how to do it.   If a trucker grosses $150,000, but only clears $80,000 after expenses, you can't tax him for all of that.   Same with any business.  So how do you think the flat tax works?

1 minute ago, westend1 said:

Explain your thinking on flat tax.  If I am a trucker, can I deduct fuel and new tires, or maybe a new engine?  The point is, no matter how you structure it, there will always be deductions exploited by those who know how to do it.   If a trucker grosses $150,000, but only clears $80,000 after expenses, you can't tax him for all of that.   Same with any business.  So how do you think the flat tax works?

I realize this was not to me, but I will attempt to explain. BS Wildcats, please reply if you have a different answer.

No deductions for anything. Some businesses will have a higher cost of operation than other businesses by definition. If your line of work requires more expenses than other lines of work, the company pays for these expenses through higher compensation. That is the way it has always been, until the government decided to try and make things "fair".

Every business has a cost of operation. Some businesses have more costs than others. That cost of doing business has to be factored into the price charged for the service provided. Therefore, the consumer picks and chooses which services they are willing to pay for...not the government. Giving deductions to certain businesses artificially deflates the true cost of providing the service. Let the consumer decide if the service is worth it. 

22 minutes ago, westend1 said:

6 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I realize this was not to me, but I will attempt to explain. BS Wildcats, please reply if you have a different answer.

No deductions for anything. Some businesses will have a higher cost of operation than other businesses by definition. If your line of work requires more expenses than other lines of work, the company pays for these expenses through higher compensation. That is the way it has always been, until the government decided to try and make things "fair".

Every business has a cost of operation. Some businesses have more costs than others. That cost of doing business has to be factored into the price charged for the service provided. Therefore, the consumer picks and chooses which services they are willing to pay for...not the government. Giving deductions to certain businesses artificially deflates the true cost of providing the service. Let the consumer decide if the service is worth it. 

Thanks Englebert!  Guess I was trying to say there has to be a way to tax everyone fairly.  Does Trump's tax returns seem shady, maybe.  But he did it within the boundaries of the tax code.  Seems like it's time to rewrite the tax laws.

12 hours ago, Englebert said:

So, using my example, the trucker will pay a flat tax of 15%' on $150,000 of income.    Doesn't seem much better than 28% on the $80,000 that he actually cleared.  I know these numbers are made up, but you get the question.    And then the cost of the goods shipped goes up?    

4 minutes ago, westend1 said:

So, using my example, the trucker will pay a flat tax of 15%' on $150,000 of income.    Doesn't seem much better than 28% on the $80,000 that he actually cleared.  I know these numbers are made up, but you get the question.    And then the cost of the goods shipped goes up?    

The cost of shipping goods will go to their actual cost, as opposed to the artificially deflated costs due to tax deductions/write-offs.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, stevenash said:

And the need for a gazillion IRS employees also is reduced.

That's a big 10-4.  And, besides the hugh savings to the Govt in salaries, you'll eliminate the one Govt agency that is comparable to the Gestapo, and the fear that grips anyone that gets correspondence from them.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol...hard to take these goofballs seriously.

I'm sure they really think this is a valid effort.

Goofballs is right.  But speaking of media, here’s a research poll that says the most trusted News sources are:  BBC, FOX, and PBS.