Discipline and Atmosphere

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I only ask because I have never seen you do it here on this site. I have only seen you call out the "white" folks and I have been here long enough to know there have been times when you could have done the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, I despise racism, white or black or whatever color. Was raised that way. My dad, may he rest in peace, is full blood Mexican. Not trying to single you out as a racist but it just seems you select your calling out.

BTW, I too think those words are "code" words for some select people. Just not an entire race of people.

I've done it before.  left the site for a while.  Getting too old for this ish.  But again, to color racism other than white is a fallacy and wrong.  Racism/White supremacy as defined by Dr. Neely Fuller and Dr. Frances Welsing, is a system that affects peoples lives.  Not just words and phrases.  For example, I call certain people a name, I get banned.  Those same certain people speak in code words like discipline and atmosphere continue to post here.  Plus, talk ish in the political forum room.  Now I think that's bull bleep but unfortunately, I don't run nothing here but these fingers......

4 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

I've done it before.  left the site for a while.  Getting too old for this ish.  But again, to color racism other than white is a fallacy and wrong.  Racism/White supremacy as defined by Dr. Neely Fuller and Dr. Frances Welsing, is a system that affects peoples lives.  Not just words and phrases.  For example, I call certain people a name, I get banned.  Those same certain people speak in code words like discipline and atmosphere continue to post here.  Plus, talk ish in the political forum room.  Now I think that's bull bleep but unfortunately, I don't run nothing here but these fingers......

Just cannot agree with the statement that only "white" folks can be racists.

I apologize for getting off topic but maybe this was the topic all along. Again, if not, my apologies.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just cannot agree with the statement that only "white" folks can be racists.

I apologize for getting off topic but maybe this was the topic all along. Again, if not, my apologies.

Carry on.

Hey man, do you.  That's the beautiful thing about facts...........  They stand on their own.

And trust me, this is on topic more than you'll ever know.  

2 minutes ago, SFA85 said:
3 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

Hey man, do you.  That's the beautiful thing about facts...........  They stand on their own.

So it seems.

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

To figure out what this discipline and atmosphere "stuff" is. :)

i knew about discipline being a no no, but had no idea about atmosphere.... ah well... I've got other words to describe good games and teams. Although, the electricity in the air at the 2006 Dayton vs. Central match up, might be the best I've experienced.

The discipline thing used to be be brought up a lot in reference to Memorial, Central, or Ozen.  So I called people out on it, only for most to backpedal or crab walk away from the question or topic.  It bothered me and yes, in a sense, it can be viewed as a form of a knock on a certain race of people.  I was hoping that at first thought I was wrong, so I brought it up a long time ago, again, to not get an answers or an adequate reply...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The discipline thing used to be be brought up a lot in reference to Memorial, Central, or Ozen.  So I called people out on it, only for most to backpedal or crab walk away from the question or topic.  It gathered me and yes, in a sense, it can be viewed as a form of a knock on a certain race of people.  I was hoping that at first thought I was wrong, so I brought it up a long time ago, again, to not get an answers or an adequate reply...

i get it. I noticed that as well, (maybe because you pointed it out) and stopped using it. 

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The discipline thing used to be be brought up a lot in reference to Memorial, Central, or Ozen.  So I called people out on it, only for most to backpedal or crab walk away from the question or topic.  It gathered me and yes, in a sense, it can be viewed as a form of a knock on a certain race of people.  I was hoping that at first thought I was wrong, so I brought it up a long time ago, again, to not get an answers or an adequate reply...

…… and therefore I created its own thread for folks to explain what it is. 

The atmosphere thing is a funny thing that I've toyed with from time to time.  Mainly, I jab at the mid county folk.  To me, it seems that they think that more people in the stands doing tomahawk chips or dog barks equates to increased atmosphere, giving their teams the advantage... So I ask, when you have the central fans yelling 'whoot, whoot, whoot.......  Jag Uarrrrs'. Or the band playing ohh, they want some, is that not deemed as great atmosphere?

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The atmosphere thing is a funny thing that I've toyed with from time to time.  Mainly, I jab at the mid county folk.  To me, it seems that they think that more people in the stands doing tomahawk chips or dog barks equates to increased atmosphere, giving their teams the advantage... So I ask, when you have the central fans yelling 'whoot, whoot, whoot.......  Jag Uarrrrs'. Or the band playing ohh, they want some, is that not deemed as great atmosphere?

I guess they don't think we support our kids(atmosphere).  Again, I don't know what evidence they have but when an 'murican' speaks on the subject, it's gotta be true right????

3 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

I guess they don't think we support our kids(atmosphere).  Again, I don't know what evidence they have but when an 'murican' speaks on the subject, it's gotta be true right????

I get what your trying to say, but please don't judge all "white posters" based off of a few. I don't have anything to say about atmosphere, I think most schools around here have good atmosphere on Friday night lights.

As far as discipline goes, I myself have said that Lumberton is a very disciplined team. Not because we are white, but just because I played for the coaches and know they preached it every day. On the other hand, I wouldn't label another towns team as being undisciplined. I see players all the time running their mouths after the play and acting "undisciplined" as some would call it, I see it from all teams, and all colors.

3 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I get what your trying to say, but please don't judge all "white posters" based off of a few. I don't have anything to say about atmosphere, I think most schools around here have good atmosphere on Friday night lights.

As far as discipline goes, I myself have said that Lumberton is a very disciplined team. Not because we are white, but just because I played for the coaches and know they preached it every day. On the other hand, I wouldn't label another towns team as being undisciplined. I see players all the time running their mouths after the play and acting "undisciplined" as some would call it, I see it from all teams, and all colors.

I don't 'try' to say anything.  That's the way of this board.  'amuricans speak in code and when people like myself respond in kind, we can banned.  Period.  And it's the majority of 'muricans on this board and if it's not, the moderators turn a blind eye to it so on it goes........

The true racist can find perceived slights and imagined insults in any conversation. When words and symbols suddenly develop new, "racist" meanings, it's not progress... 

Would you expect a football team to be successful if the team mentality was all about complaining about how outmatched they are by all of their opponents? If the coach and all of the players and parents spent all of their energy moaning about how the other team have better athletes, facilities, coaches, past accomplishments, etc... That team wouldn't be very successful. The same thing is true of groups of people who devote all of their energy to complaining about the cards dealt to them instead of focusing on fixing their multitude of self-inflicted wounds. 

I mean.... Discipline is now dog-whistle racism? 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

The true racist can find perceived slights and imagined insults in any conversation. When words and symbols suddenly develop new, "racist" meanings, it's not progress... 

Would you expect a football team to be successful if the team mentality was all about complaining about how outmatched they are by all of their opponents? If the coach and all of the players and parents spent all of their energy moaning about how the other team have better athletes, facilities, coaches, past accomplishments, etc... That team wouldn't be very successful. The same thing is true of groups of people who devote all of their energy to complaining about the cards dealt to them instead of focusing on fixing their multitude of self-inflicted wounds. 

I mean.... Discipline is now dog-whistle racism? 

New?  That particular coded language has been around since day one.  But I don't expect someone of your ilk to see that.....

Ain't 'murica grand?

13 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

New?  That particular coded language has been around since day one.  But I don't expect someone of your ilk to see that.....

Ain't 'murica grand?

I feel bad for you. The people who "taught" you actually failed you. Just victims raising more victims, spewing hate and operating with a closed mind. 

You should consider dropping off the board again. There are other places for people to vent their insecurities online. People "of my ilk" are actually here to talk high school sports, not try to compete for the "biggest victim" award. 

3 hours ago, SFA85 said:

As a white man SFA, I can honestly say that I feel you with some of the comments regarding discipline being directed at the predominantly black schools,  that is wrong a d Ive tried to give an honest opinion of it.  Some folks dont think right and cant be honest with themselves about what reality looks Iike.  Peace is all I can offer

3 hours ago, SFA85 said:

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I feel bad for you. The people who "taught" you actually failed you. Just victims raising more victims, spewing hate and operating with a closed mind. 

You should consider dropping off the board again. There are other places for people to vent their insecurities online. People "of my ilk" are actually here to talk high school sports, not try to compete for the "biggest victim" award. 

Eventually I will but for the record, no body failed me.  Just making observations.  Hate?  That's your WS/Racism coming out in the form of 'projection'.  Putting your stuff on me and or the fear of me responding to you as you and people of your ilk have done since 1450.  Yeah, I'm insecure of towns like BC, Ned, PN-G, East Beaumont, L-Town......  place where my kind aren't welcomed let alone tolerated.  I'm also fearful of race soldiers posing as police.  Are you one of those types of people CardinalBacker?  Or do you simply use passive-agressive tactics to get your point across?

By the way, those who are proud of your 'disciplined' teams with all that 'atmosphere', where's all the state championships, college and pro players?  Or is D and A only good locally on friday nights?