Vidor vs. West Orange-Stark/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, dj said:

I agree with you. I thought some of the vidor guys went to for with the cut blocks 20 and 30 yards down the field.it didn't make sense.we are all from setx.we should be cheering each other on trying to make each other better. Some players can't forget it's just a scrimmage and it doesn't count.i love how vidor was trying to get physical but they have to stay within the limits with some of there cut blocks which doesn't have anything to do with the outcome of a play.beating w.o. in a scrimmage is meaningless but getting better is the objective! !

....accusations of cut blocking again...  Were there flags thrown for those alleged cut blocks? I'm starting to wonder if some of you even know what a cut block is.....

58 minutes ago, dj said:

I agree with you. I thought some of the vidor guys went to for with the cut blocks 20 and 30 yards down the field.it didn't make sense.we are all from setx.we should be cheering each other on trying to make each other better. Some players can't forget it's just a scrimmage and it doesn't count.i love how vidor was trying to get physical but they have to stay within the limits with some of there cut blocks which doesn't have anything to do with the outcome of a play.beating w.o. in a scrimmage is meaningless but getting better is the objective! !

Obviously the guy above your post and mine Dj didn't see the stuff we saw! Was it a hard hitting game? Yes, was it clean? Yes because no one was ejected! I'm voicing my opinion that all these cut blocks 20 yds down the field is ridiculous in scrimmage or not! I'm asking how is it legal? How do you expect a DB/Safety to play a game where every play they have to cover a receiver and watch for some big Arse lineman coming for their knees from a 20 yd head start? That's silly and ridiculous! Tell you what Sleepy you stand there and let me run at you from 20 yds out and cut your knees out and I bet you would be upset! That's why there was so much pushin and shoving after the play! It wasn't lineman getting upset it was the secondary getting into it with lineman cause they were sick of it and the refs acted like Ray Charles when the kids would ask for a lil help! Refs were too busy throwing 2 flags at a time to pay attention to anything else! That crew was horrible! We all heard Coach Matthews say the same! Now that was hilarious

9 hours ago, ICEWATER said:

Obviously the Stangs are hungry too! I know it's not a win but to score 35 points with dang near 20 penalties is pretty darn good! It was a great scrimmage for both teams but honestly all that cuttin players legs 20 yds down the field is the silliest and scariest crap that I hate about that offense! I really have no idea how that's legal? For a team to overcome that offense with no injuries is a miracle! You gotta play the position, try and make a tackle and out of nowhere here comes a 240 lb lineman diving at your safety and cornerbacks knees! It almost cause 20 fights tonight cause that crap is weak! The Slot T is ran dangerously and it's sad when peoples only wish is for there to be no injuries because they believe that each play can ruin your players season! 

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Did Vidor pass at all?   I saw the 9th grade scrimmage last year & not a single pass was thrown.

I think that slot T would be a great offense if you just happen to have a 6' 190# who runs a 4.5 and can put bullets in the x-ring every throw. But I guess that guy would make any offense look good :) 

Twice and I think both were picked off...

28 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

....accusations of cut blocking again...  Were there flags thrown for those alleged cut blocks? I'm starting to wonder if some of you even know what a cut block is.....

Yes I do !! Trying to cut a guy 30yds down field doesn't make sense especially in a scrimmage. Easy way to get rolled up.lol, the guy they should have cut they didn't do it. ND dat was the nose guard Mandel. Bc he gave dat center the business. 

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Cry me a river...  If you see them coming and you know they're going low, leap over them or wait until they square up to dive and then dodge...  Who stands there and watch a player run from 20 yards out and does nothing but stand there?

Exactly!! That's what they are taught to do. It's football, yes it's "just a scrimmage", but it's still football. Expect to get hit, expect to get cut, and deal with it... or avoid it.

9 minutes ago, dj said:

Yes I do !! Trying to cut a guy 30yds down field doesn't make sense especially in a scrimmage. Easy way to get rolled up.lol, the guy they should have cut they didn't do it. ND dat was the nose guard Mandel. Bc he gave dat center the business. 

Smh...  I thought part of coaching a good defense is being able to coach kids how to take on blocks or to avoid blocks....  WO-S prides themselves on defense...  I hope the kids and coaching staff isn't as whiney as some of you guys.   

44 minutes ago, ICEWATER said:

Obviously the guy above your post and mine Dj didn't see the stuff we saw! Was it a hard hitting game? Yes, was it clean? Yes because no one was ejected! I'm voicing my opinion that all these cut blocks 20 yds down the field is ridiculous in scrimmage or not! I'm asking how is it legal? How do you expect a DB/Safety to play a game where every play they have to cover a receiver and watch for some big Arse lineman coming for their knees from a 20 yd head start? That's silly and ridiculous! Tell you what Sleepy you stand there and let me run at you from 20 yds out and cut your knees out and I bet you would be upset! That's why there was so much pushin and shoving after the play! It wasn't lineman getting upset it was the secondary getting into it with lineman cause they were sick of it and the refs acted like Ray Charles when the kids would ask for a lil help! Refs were too busy throwing 2 flags at a time to pay attention to anything else! That crew was horrible! We all heard Coach Matthews say the same! Now that was hilarious

DB covering a receiver?? We don't have receivers. Lol.... 

1 hour ago, dj said:

Screenshot_2016-08-19-09-00-06.thumb.png

Your coach said he wants 48 minutes of game type play. "Plays scrimmages just like games." Maybe, just maybe you think Coach knows what he's doing more then you guys?  I know its hard to believe because everyone on here knows more then there coaching staffs. Take your complaints to Coach Thompson and see what he tells you.

6 minutes ago, piratefan said:

Your coach said he wants 48 minutes of game type play. "Plays scrimmages just like games." Maybe, just maybe you think Coach knows what he's doing more then you guys?  I know its hard to believe because everyone on here knows more then there coaching staffs. Take your complaints to Coach Thompson and see what he tells you.

Well said.

40 minutes ago, piratefan said:

BOOM goes the dynamite!

You can call me a shiner and say what you want! Can our guys handle it? Yes they can! Did they still do their job? Yes they did! Can any of you give me a logical explanation on how citing downfield is legal? I'm still waiting! When your only response is quit whining or go complain to your coach then your thinking pattern is not relating to the question on the table! I could give 2 craps about that scrimmage or the opponent! It was still a great scrimmage and both teams got better but I know that arguing with you on here is pointless! Some of you live to argue on here so have at it! It's funny how The bmt guy says all you say but yet the kids from Central and Westbrook were saying the same thing cause they were in our area! I guess their WHINERS too! Hahahaha have a nice day, we got Nederland next

1 hour ago, piratefan said:

It's funny cause your sarcastic post is a joke! I'll talk to him because that's not a big deal at all! Talk to him all the time and converse with his wife as well! He always has an open ear and I probably should have asked him instead of wasting my time in this thread trying to ask a bunch of posters who's only intention is to be sarcastic or a smart donkeys rear! Hahahahaha don't get mad cause I'm only stirring the pot but I can't wait to see the response! Go ahead and blast away! 

Not trying to argue. And I surely have not called you a name. That's not me. A cut block is legal . Only time it's illegal is when a defensive guy is already engaged with a offensive blocker and then the other offensive guy comes and and cuts him low. The guys who cut down field for us are for reasons if our runner breaks into Secondary.   You will see some flags thrown in the line sometimes because of the reason I stated above. One guy goes high and other low at same time. Hope this helps. Good luck to you guys. 

24 minutes ago, ICEWATER said:

You can call me a shiner and say what you want! Can our guys handle it? Yes they can! Did they still do their job? Yes they did! Can any of you give me a logical explanation on how citing downfield is legal? I'm still waiting! When your only response is quit whining or go complain to your coach then your thinking pattern is not relating to the question on the table! I could give 2 craps about that scrimmage or the opponent! It was still a great scrimmage and both teams got better but I know that arguing with you on here is pointless! Some of you live to argue on here so have at it! It's funny how The bmt guy says all you say but yet the kids from Central and Westbrook were saying the same thing cause they were in our area! I guess their WHINERS too! Hahahaha have a nice day, we got Nederland next

I guess I've deciphered this correctly...  Anywho.....

Central has played them for over 10 years...  Vidor and Central students get along...  There is a mutual respect for each other.  I be been following Central football for a long time, and have never heard of any complaining of cut blocking, or chop blocking....  Someone is fabricating the story just to twistvthis into their benefit...  But go right ahead... Keep whining, but it's definitely not a a good look and I'm sure this is not a representation of Mustang Football...  

25 minutes ago, piratefan said:

Not trying to argue. And I surely have not called you a name. That's not me. A cut block is legal . Only time it's illegal is when a defensive guy is already engaged with a offensive blocker and then the other offensive guy comes and and cuts him low. The guys who cut down field for us are for reasons if our runner breaks into Secondary.   You will see some flags thrown in the line sometimes because of the reason I stated above. One guy goes high and other low at same time. Hope this helps. Good luck to you guys. 

He still won't understand...

Ice water: I wasn't meaning no disrespect.  I hope I explained the "cut block" issue and how it's legal. I'm not on here to argue or disrespect anyone.or even "stir the pot." . I believe you guys will see similar offenses like ours down the road. We been running it for awhile and that's what our kids are taught. Hopefully it will help you guys in your real games. Just like yall helped us with the speed,and being physical.  A scrimmage is to benefit each team. Which in my opinion last night was accomplished.  I wish yall the best and hope yall make another run in the playoffs.  I have no doubt WOS will be in Dallas playing again. Just wanted to clear that up. Hope you see it that way, and not take anything negative from my post. But it's hard to sit back and not defend my team ,just like anyone would.  No hard feelings.  Like I said earlier Good luck to yall and I will be rooting for WOS. 

20 minutes ago, piratefan said:

Ice water: I wasn't meaning no disrespect.  I hope I explained the "cut block" issue and how it's legal. I'm not on here to argue or disrespect anyone.or even "stir the pot." . I believe you guys will see similar offenses like ours down the road. We been running it for awhile and that's what our kids are taught. Hopefully it will help you guys in your real games. Just like yall helped us with the speed,and being physical.  A scrimmage is to benefit each team. Which in my opinion last night was accomplished.  I wish yall the best and hope yall make another run in the playoffs.  I have no doubt WOS will be in Dallas playing again. Just wanted to clear that up. Hope you see it that way, and not take anything negative from my post. But it's hard to sit back and not defend my team ,just like anyone would.  No hard feelings.  Like I said earlier Good luck to yall and I will be rooting for WOS. 

It will help us. The reason Coach Thompson likes scrimmaging Vidor is because we will see at least two district opponents who run the same offense and will likely see more of that in the playoffs. Vidor is always a good test. 

3 hours ago, ICEWATER said:

That's the way the rules are, as long as you are not lined up outside the defensive player (which at Vidor it is rare to have someone split wide). You also cannot  block below the waist back towards you own goal line or if a defensive player is engaged with another player you cannot block them below the waist. Also, on a change of possession (int, fumble, or kicks) blocks below the waist are not legal.

9 minutes ago, vp93 said:

That's the way the rules are, as long as you are not lined up outside the defensive player (which at Vidor it is rare to have someone split wide). You also cannot  block below the waist back towards you own goal line or if a defensive player is engaged with another player you cannot block them below the waist. Also, on a change of possession (int, fumble, or kicks) blocks below the waist are not legal.

Thanks for an answer! I REALLY Preciate it! All I did was first come with a question then I guess my complaint is considered whining to some but I should have stayed off here this year! I HONESTLY didn't understand how cutting 20 yds away from the line is legal but if it is then maybe we should do it as well! I stand corrected and I'll admit I probably did sound soft! I'm still getting a kick out of Bmt dude and your jabs, you sound very familiar to someone ele who likes to keep their EYE on things! Great season to everyone!