Vidor vs. West Orange-Stark/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

46 minutes ago, ICEWATER said:

Thanks for an answer! I REALLY Preciate it! All I did was first come with a question then I guess my complaint is considered whining to some but I should have stayed off here this year! I HONESTLY didn't understand how cutting 20 yds away from the line is legal but if it is then maybe we should do it as well! I stand corrected and I'll admit I probably did sound soft! I'm still getting a kick out of Bmt dude and your jabs, you sound very familiar to someone ele who likes to keep their EYE on things! Great season to everyone! 

It's football season.  Get some thicker skin.  I made the comment because that's how it came across.  If you wasn't whining, then omit what I said..  

Actually, I can understand where ICEWATER is coming from on this issue and I'll admit myself that I have gotten a bit sensitive about the cut blocks. I understand that the cut block is within the rules and in is a necessity in order to properly run the Slot T.

However, there have been instances where Mustang players were lost for significant part of the season after a Vidor scrimmage with knee or leg injuries.  I think while none of us agree on all things, all of us agree that the worst result of a scrimmage (or game for that matter) is that any young man suffers an injury which might keep him out for all or part of the season.  When such injuries do occur multiple times (which is probably mere coincidence), you can expect fans to not be real happy about it and point to a block that targets the lower half of the body.

As to Coach Thompson's view of game effort, anybody who knows the very basics of Mustang football know that he expects that regardless of the venue, be it game, scrimmage or week day practice.  And he knows that cut blocks are part of the game.  But that is not to say that he won't get a bit miffed when it results in an injury.