District 11-3A D1

Buna

Coldspring-Oakhurst

Kirbyville 

Kountze 

Trinity 

Warren 

Woodville 

Any predictions heading into this season?

Coldspring is new addition that performed really well behind alot of talent last year at the 4A-D2 level last year, BUT they lost alot of talent to graduation and are seeing smaller and smaller numbers each year.

Kirbyville will be good, as has been the standad the last ten years or so, but I believe they will also be a a little down from some losses suffered on defense and at QB.

Woodville should be better after returning 16 starters from a team who played Kirbyville very tough for 2.5 quarters last year, so they should compete well again.

Buna will be down, but the coaching and physical style of play Coach Bradley Morgan brings to the table will have them competingfor a top-4 finish. 

Trinity is an unknown, but looking at their roster, they also lost alot of talent from last year's squad. Stil should compete. 

Kountze will be way down and be in a rebuilding mode. Could surprise some people though with their young offense. 

Warren lost several starters from last year's winless (in district) team. Still trying to right the ship down there, but you know they'll always play hard and play to win.

I really think you are looking at a battle between 1-2 & 3-4-5 if Kountze will be down from last year's 2-8 team. 

Bi-District predictions: 

Coldspring/Hempstead

Kirbyville/East Chambers

Buna/Hitchcock

Woodville/La Marque

Once again, I think the first two and second two matchups have the most potential to be switched.  

1 hour ago, WildcatBacker said:

I see it like most everyone is seeing it I believe...Kirbyville and Coldspring a toss-up for 1st...and Woodville/Buna/ Kountze looking for the other spots. In my humble opinion of course. But no matter what, I'm beyond ready for the season to start. I just love high school football. 

*Trinity

Probably not Kountze. Lol Kountze had an awful year last year and lost a bit.

As of now:

1. Kirbyville 2. CS 3. WV 4. Buna/Trinity 6. Ktze 7. Warren

I think KV will be too fast for everyone.  CS lost some...but will still have some kids that can go.  WV has been on the verge as of late.  They will play some close ones with top 2 teams.  Trinity is a little unknown, but they may mess things up for some.  Buna lost a lot I hear.  They'll still be Buna.  Ktze/WHS will be battle.  I still think Ktze wins it.

I've been wrong before.

I'll keep it short. Lol

Woodville looked really good, but that's to be expected against Joaquin. Kirbyville didn't look as good, but Center could be improved. Idk. Buna didn't look very good at all from what I'm hearing. 

That's all I've heard so far. Should be an interesting year.