Vidor is backing the blue!

Guest ECBucFan

The police lives matter deal is a touchy subject because there are crooked and racist cops out there, also, there are good ones that just do their job, and go home to their family.  I personally know many police officers like this.  But with tentions already high right now between the police and black people, I personally would've picked a neutral side to take the distraction off of those kids.  

Those Vidor kids are regular kids.  Many of them aren't racist as well as the total population as i know and are friends with several Vidorians...  The few 'old heads' are the ones responsible for continuing the hate from the horrible past.

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The police lives matter deal is a touchy subject because there are crooked and racist cops out there, also, there are good ones that just do their job, and go home to their family.  I personally know many police officers like this.  But with tentions already high right now between the police and black people, I personally would've picked a neutral side to take the distraction off of those kids.  

Those Vidor kids are regular kids.  Many of them aren't racist as well as the total population as i know and are friends with several Vidorians...  The few 'old heads' are the ones responsible for continuing the hate from the horrible past.

Just curious, how would you know how many of the Vidor regular kids are or arent racist?

21 minutes ago, outanup said:

Just curious, how would you know how many of the Vidor regular kids are or arent racist?

By me having a high school football player now, as far back as pee wee football, I've had dealings with a lot of those Vidor kids for years now...

But I see what you're saying.  Being racist is subjective.  You'll never know a racist because there are so many fakers.  

7 minutes ago, outanup said:

Racists everywhere my friend, but assumptions? Well you know the saying....

True racist are everywhere within every race. The problem is when you try to argue with one who lives has been challenged by racism. I asked for this to be removed because many people have experienced the other side of the law. The side majority of readers will never see from officers rather black or white. 

It shouldn't take a doctorate degree to know that saying I back up the police doesn't mean, "I back up all cops and even the racists ones". 

If we are doing that then we should remove any support for teachers and educators? We have recently seen in Beaumont some of those people sentenced for felonies. I have also seen some fairly crude racist remarks by educators. Should we not support them?

I have also seen plenty of support for the military yet we have had some terror and racists acts by certain of them. I guess any mention of supporting the military should be called into question. 

Anyone that says "I support teachers/police/military/etc." isn't saying "I support all _______" no matter what. Last season the Lamar Port Arthur Seahawks basketball team did their annual poster with members of the Port Arthur Police Department. I guess that means the LSC-PA administration is all racists since they allowed the team to be photographed with those evil cops. 

I believe that sometimes people have to go out of their way to find controversy. 

39 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Man I really hate to do this but what if one of our inner city schools decided to go with a black stripe on their helmet to support another movement ??? If adults like pro teams I'm all for it but to have kids involved in this though issue is just wrong in my opinion. The coaches could have just worn a stripe. 

Police officers are not another "movement". What if there was some tragic event and a few firefighters in a community were killed and the team decided to wear a red stripe for a year. Are firefighters a "movement" or is it just honoring someone? 

I don't think high school kids should be involved in politics while on a sports field. They shouldn't be wearing colors to support a political stance. 

I go there with you Captain, if you read my post concerning Neumann. I said I felt my son didn't receive a chance to compete, and that it wasn't his fault God made him that way you can take it how you wish. Now don't get your panties twisted because I am gained to straighten them. Soulja you called it not everyone can see it, unless they lived it.

So since you so glorifying about the blue tag on helmet, which to many is a good thing. Would you be offended if I asked you does the rest of the helmet stand for BLACK LIVES MATTER! doubt it. Now you probably would say that racist too, but in our world it's everyday REALITY with all races of the BLUE. I spoke becaused I have lived it and still live it.

20 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

I go there with you Captain, if you read my post concerning Neumann. I said I felt my son didn't receive a chance to compete, and that it wasn't his fault God made him that way you can take it how you wish. Now don't get your panties twisted because I am gained to straighten them. Soulja you called it not everyone can see it, unless they lived it.

So will Neumann still be a racist if your son starts for Nederland this year?

You know I sat with Coach Neumann a couple months ago. I expressed myself to him about this board and my views. I can tell you this I bet he knows I behind him 100% if Tavian was the waterboy, but let him compete for waterboy. So question to you if you are a father. Can you watch your child not be given a chance, when you know 100% he/she can do something. Team comes first and he accepted that 2 times. Hey I don't expect you to understand.