Silsbee PG Devon McCain

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Close.  Upcoming sophomore and senior classes are the best two, by far.  But the freshman class is the best.  So I have always said this year should be their best shot, or maybe year after next when the sophomores are seniors if they keep progressing.  

Imo, 2016-2017 juniors is the meat of the talent and Adams and younger McCain makes that Sophmore class go...

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Last year was a great chance.  This year may be an even better chance.   Just have to wait and see. This years team is just as deep maybe even more so.  Also have a 6'5 post in Jones that is more of a true post player than we have had.  Add Barnes inside and we won't have to worry about rebounds.  You have at least 3 or 4 players who are solid point guards. Have 3 solid shooters and others that can play that part as well. Pretty good size and speed to kill!  Only down side looking into the season is only having 7 home games!!!!

So there's length coming in...  That's all that Silsbee's been missing...  And it's probably the reason they lost to Sterling 2 years ago...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Imo, 2016-2017 juniors is the meat of the talent and Adams and younger McCain makes that Sophmore class go...

Meat of their talent? Name them.

Only Barnes and A. Thomas were on varsity the entire year last year. Bass, Lowe and Landon Tyler were moved up for playoffs.

The "meat" is in the senior class coming up. Harris, M. McCain, Mackey, Calvin Tyler, Tre Jones and Newton.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Only Barnes and A. Thomas were on varsity the entire year last year. Bass, Lowe and Landon Tyler were moved up for playoffs.

The "meat" is in the senior class coming up. Harris, M. McCain, Mackey, Calvin Tyler, Tre Jones and Newton.

This.  Silsbee insiders will tell you from the time they were young, Class of 2017 and Class of 2019 are the two best.  If you are looking at the best of the best on that team, only Barnes is in that group.  (By the way AAW, L Tyler is 2019 I think.)

I do agree with AAW about the Senior class.  In terms of depth, that's the class.  I would put the 2019 class with them because of McCain and Adams (and I really like the way Tyler plays as well). 

By the way, Silsbee has had some great Senior classes of late in terms of athletics in general (notably Classes of '14 and '16 IMO).  But this year's graduating class has the POTENTIAL to be the best of them all.  Could be a really, really special year for the Tigers.  

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yea, you're right.  I was thinking of the incoming seniors, not the Juniors.  My mistake...  (see how I answer questions and rebuttal in a timely manor? )

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

By the way, Silsbee has had some great Senior classes of late in terms of athletics in general (notably Classes of '14 and '16 IMO).  But this year's graduating class has the POTENTIAL to be the best of them all.  Could be a really, really special year for the Tigers.  

Yes, this is the year, imo...

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

There are also 2 more Sr. Move ins........

• 2 weeks later...

Jones is not a true post he will play post because they need him there, he played PG at Legacy and can handle the ball just as good as any PG at Silsbee and Silsbee will be good for a long time and you will hear the last name Jones in the future, Tre' Jones have 3 younger bothers that will be ballers the 8 years old Payton Jones is a must see crazy handles and his IQ on the court is unreal I'm telling you the kid is good!

He may not be a true post but definitely knows how to play the position.  He showed that this summer.  His height and stature will be a good addition for us this year.  His ball handling skills will be a big bonus as well but I will have to see more of that before I can say it's as good as any others.