Silsbee PG Devon McCain

7 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

How has is rehab been after the injury? Was he able to participate in any summer basketball games? Who seems to be on him heavy for recruiting? 

He did not participate in any of the Silsbee or Ozen Summer League games. And to my knowledge he hasn't played in any AAU tournaments either. Not sure about the recruiting trail. I heard he is about to be cleared to play though

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

How has is rehab been after the injury? Was he able to participate in any summer basketball games? Who seems to be on him heavy for recruiting? 

He hasn't had a lot of looks yet because those mostly come from summer games.  But most know of him already.  All that will come.  I also hear he will be cleared soon.  Before it's said and done, he will have a ton of offers.  And the way he has apparently grown, good grief. 

On July 13, 2016 at 1:45 AM, ST413 said:

Would love that but those 2 have already or at least we're supposed to already have gone to visit another college with the same colors they wear in high school.

Wouldn't surprise me.  My guess is they will be ready if Shaka comes calling...

Devon has grown to 6'4 over the past 4 months. He just needs to keep playing and enjoying the game. Stay away from all outside noise about being great and the best ever. Just go hard every game and let your legacy at the end of 4 years speak for itself. McCain and Adams have potential to be the best duo to come thru SETX since Perkins and Young at Ozen back in 2001. 

13 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Devon has grown to 6'4 over the past 4 months. He just needs to keep playing and enjoying the game. Stay away from all outside noise about being great and the best ever. Just go hard every game and let your legacy at the end of 4 years speak for itself. McCain and Adams have potential to be the best duo to come thru SETX since Perkins and Young at Ozen back in 2001. 

Yep, that's gonna be a key component. People gonna be in his ears telling him whats best and that 97% will give bad advice. Now here is my 3% advice :)  : Tell him to try & place himself in a position to play against the best players in the nation during the summer months. From there he can really gauge on getting better for the next level.

13 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I think Adams is in Las Vegas for the tourney that's on ESPN. McCain will be there next summer. 

I'm out here in Vegas it's quite a few SETX kids out here playing. Just watched last night a freshmen that will be on the team with Adams and McCain just have about 31pts and had 8 scouts I counted watch the game his 14u team is playing up in 15u division says alot so I think it will be a lot of scholarships come out of our area in the years to come. SBG is a local AAU team formally Team Sneed they are 2-0 out here so they are representing as well. The main thing these guys need to know is keep working and take care the grades and the sky is the limit. Adams is playing with the 17u Houston Hoops and he is looking good he really can shoot the ball like his poise.

54 minutes ago, kingjames said:

I'm out here in Vegas it's quite a few SETX kids out here playing. Just watched last night a freshmen that will be on the team with Adams and McCain just have about 31pts and had 8 scouts I counted watch the game his 14u team is playing up in 15u division says alot so I think it will be a lot of scholarships come out of our area in the years to come. SBG is a local AAU team formally Team Sneed they are 2-0 out here so they are representing as well. The main thing these guys need to know is keep working and take care the grades and the sky is the limit. Adams is playing with the 17u Houston Hoops and he is looking good he really can shoot the ball like his poise.

Yes, Silsbee incoming freshman Braylon Bush is hooping it up out in Vegas along with Adams.

Silsbee backcourt the next 3 years will be incredible!!

On July 20, 2016 at 9:49 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Yep, that's gonna be a key component. People gonna be in his ears telling him whats best and that 97% will give bad advice. Now here is my 3% advice :)  : Tell him to try & place himself in a position to play against the best players in the nation during the summer months. From there he can really gauge on getting better for the next level.

And be careful what you put on Twitter.  Don't think college coaches don't monitor the social media stuff.  Closely...

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, they had a realisitic shot, but lets face it.  The best playmakers and the most talent lied in the freshman and sophmore class...  Those kids will be Juniors and Sophmores now.  If anything, we should have been pegging THIS year (this upcoming season )as the year....

Close.  Upcoming sophomore and senior classes are the best two, by far.  But the freshman class is the best.  So I have always said this year should be their best shot, or maybe year after next when the sophomores are seniors if they keep progressing.  

Last year was a great chance.  This year may be an even better chance.   Just have to wait and see. This years team is just as deep maybe even more so.  Also have a 6'5 post in Jones that is more of a true post player than we have had.  Add Barnes inside and we won't have to worry about rebounds.  You have at least 3 or 4 players who are solid point guards. Have 3 solid shooters and others that can play that part as well. Pretty good size and speed to kill!  Only down side looking into the season is only having 7 home games!!!!