Which?

2 hours ago, no-look said:

Would you rather have a 6' 10" athletic post or a 5' 10"  skilled point guard?  

A 6'10 athletic post HANDS DOWN. There are plenty of little ball handlers out there running around. The point guard doesn't have to be very skilled with that type of size. He just needs to feed the big fella. lol

I watched Hudson several times last year. They had a point guard that made that team go. Some of you guys saw the Hudson / Silsbee game at the reg tourney. I believe Hudson had the lead at the half but just ran out of gas. Take him away and add the big post and Silsbee wins by thirty. Maybe the answer is to have both.  

5 minutes ago, no-look said:

I watched Hudson several times last year. They had a point guard that made that team go. Some of you guys saw the Hudson / Silsbee game at the reg tourney. I believe Hudson had the lead at the half but just ran out of gas. Take him away and add the big post and Silsbee wins by thirty. Maybe the answer is to have both.  

Yep. that red headed kid was all over the court last year. It depends on the scenario for me. To build the team, i'll take the 6'10 kid and we'll learn how to get better around him. As somebody else stated, you cant coach that size and if he's "athletic" with it, that's the icing on the cake. Nothing like having a good point guard that controls the offense and is a work horse on defense but that position in my opinion is far easier to "create" than having somebody who could potentially dominate the paint, boards, etc.

7 hours ago, no-look said:

Silsbee did end up winning by 20. ;)

Not very knowledgeable about basketball, but from what little I've watched of the pros, I've seen some Tall guys that didn't play well, but virtually no short guys that weren't good.  That Tall must count for something.