Evadale open

Instead of taking it down, I'll issue an apology.  I have heard this MIGHT happen for the past several weeks.  I saw the opening posted on a basketball site, so I took it as fact.  I was made aware today that Coach has not put in a resignation letter.  Coach Talbert has done a great job with these boys, and I wish him nothing but the best (if he stays or if he goes).  He might very well end up going down to the Corpus area, but as of now he is still a Rebel.

On June 3, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Chester86 said:

Coach Talbert supposedly going to the Corpus area.  Heard about this officially today.  Should have a really good team returning, and losing Big Sandy out of the district.

Hopefully, they'll be on our schedule for non-district.  Great rivalry, and we may have a shot at beating them (may being the key word lol).   BS teams and fans are always a class act.

24 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Hopefully, they'll be on our schedule for non-district.  Great rivalry, and we may have a shot at beating them (may being the key word lol).   BS teams and fans are always a class act.

Will be a down year for BS no doubt, after several incredible years.  No reason not to schedule us now, hope we are still on the schedule to play Evadale.

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

Wait, Vidor's coach is headed to Evadale? I know there is some history there, but that seems like a major step down.

Better job IMO.  Not sure about pay but much easier to win in Evadale.  Like the district and facilities.  And the team should be the district favorite over the next few years. 

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I may not understand the situation correctly.  I was under the impression that LW had been the head coach at Evadale and took the Vidor job and am now getting the impression he is going to go back to Evadale.  What part did I get wrong?

I could be wrong but I believe he was the assistant at Evadale before taking the Vidor job.  

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Surely somebody out there in SETX LAND can tell us if Mr. Williams has been the head coach at Evadale in the past?

He was the head coach at Evadale, then left to just teach, came back to Evadale as an assistant, then took Vidor head job. Now is going back to Evadale as head coach.