Jowell Hancock hired as Rusk A/D

19 hours ago, MossHill said:

Great hire for Rusk ISD. That part of the country at the lower level has never seen the type of offense he is soon to install.

Wish him the best.

East Texas has alot of spread teams at that level.

19 hours ago, WTB said:

East Texas has alot of spread teams at that level.

There are 1/2 teams that run a version of a spread offense, but not a primary set. I'm from East Tx and appreciate your input but the spread that has been ran in Dayton for the last 22 years, is not "common" or even understood for that matter in the following two districts:

District 7 Atlanta Gilmer Gladewater Longview Spring Hill Pittsburg Texarkana Pleasant Grove

District 8 Diboll Huntington Jasper Rusk Tatum

Gilmer is highlighted because they have defended well against many spread offenses in previous years, even though they are more of a balanced O.

District 8 can't spell SPREAD

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:51 PM, MossHill said:

There are 1/2 teams that run a version of a spread offense, but not a primary set. I'm from East Tx and appreciate your input but the spread that has been ran in Dayton for the last 22 years, is not "common" or even understood for that matter in the following two districts:

District 7 Atlanta Gilmer Gladewater Longview Spring Hill Pittsburg Texarkana Pleasant Grove

Gilmer is highlighted because they have defended well against many spread offenses in previous years, even though they are more of a balanced O.

I don't think he's at Rusk more than two or three years. I heard he was from around Jacksonville so maybe he views it as a retirement job? I just think that after he gets that program going he'll have other offers from around the area that will be too good to pass up.

2 hours ago, liltex said:

Wish him success@Rusk,what is expected there?38-64 over past ten yrs where 2 seasons the best the Rusk Eaglesmanaged was 5-5.5 yr stretch 2001-2005 Rusk went 35-26.Who ever got the job has a lg task to rebuild.I have good friends there in business over 25 yrs.I'm ready for All Star ribs Russ.

we definitely gotta hit up a playoff game up that way and/or a Rusk game. 

On 5/22/2016 at 0:51 PM, theNeed4Speed said:

Gilmer is in the spread. So are alot of those teams.

On 5/22/2016 at 0:51 PM, theNeed4Speed said:

Just a hunch here but I do think we are gonna learn how to spell spread this season. 

Also, half of district 7 operates out of the spread. 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn1 said:

Just a hunch here but I do think we are gonna learn how to spell spread this season. 

I think the mistake here is one made by many.  When a team, or in this case, a coach, moves down a classification, folks think that they have something that none of these schools that they are now competing with have seen and have no way of handling it.  That is the only way I can see those that thought Coach Hancock was a colossal failure at Dayton and needed to be run out of town at the same time think that he will be such a smashing success at Rusk.

6 hours ago, Eagleborn1 said:

Yea you'll learn.  

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh don't get me wrong, Rusk will be a better team...a much better team because Jowell Hancock is their coach.  However, to predict Region II dominance is a stretch. 

Not sure who predicted Rusk to be region II dominant but that's not very bright. Rusk will however put a bunch of points on the board. Jowell will get some off. insight from long time friend and co-worker Craus and will certainly have some success at Rusk.  

Jerry believes he'll win some games this year and be a contender within 2-3 yrs. 

9 minutes ago, Eagleborn1 said:

Oh goody. I can't wait to learn. 

we can learn together. I'll be at some Rusk games this year. at least 2, I hope.  try to slip over and see Tatum as they return back to a winning program as well.  no shortage of athletes ova there.