BASIC MATH ABOUT GUN OWNERS

Hagar

If I wanted to run for office as a republican i would say the same thing, obama and hillary wants your guns people, I would get on the board of the nra, wear a nra t-shirt and a make america great again cap. I would just preach on my hate of the obamas and clintons and win in a landslide

2 hours ago, nappyroots said:

If I wanted to run for office as a republican i would say the same thing, obama and hillary wants your guns people, I would get on the board of the nra, wear a nra t-shirt and a make america great again cap. I would just preach on my hate of the obamas and clintons and win in a landslide

That is basic politics and not unique to the republicans.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Nappy-  Is it wrong to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few?  If that is true, does the same apply to people with guns?

I dont' mind good people with guns, they help protect me from bad people with guns(sometimes i can't tell them apart though) Im just commenting on the last 5 or 6 years the scare tactics, that someone would take your guns......this will never happen......but it sells lots of guns and ammo

16 hours ago, nappyroots said:

I dont' mind good people with guns, they help protect me from bad people with guns(sometimes i can't tell them apart though) Im just commenting on the last 5 or 6 years the scare tactics, that someone would take your guns......this will never happen......but it sells lots of guns and ammo

I agree with that

7 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I agree with that

Yep, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the leading Dims didn't have some Winchester and Colt stock in their portfolio's prior to all the gun control plans given to the media.  That would help explain how all our politicians seem to end up rich.

On 5/11/2016 at 5:22 AM, nappyroots said:

cut the puppet strings.....no one will take your guns people

That is true. It is only true because of the likes of the NRA, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation and others. 

If you really think that Hillary and others of her ilk would not take guns if they could, you are living in an alternate universe. 

As an example I will offer not some political pundit or the tin foil hat crowd but Washington DC itself. In our nation's capital, handguns were banned even inside of your own home. Dick Heller was a licensed police officer and could not even own a handgun at his own home. As was brought up, he could lawfully carry a handgun into federally controlled buildings..... but couldn't own a gun in his home. Any long guns in DC had to keep a gun lock on it or be completely disassembled.

Why would a city not even allow a police officer to have a handgun in his own home? Talk about insanity. Oh yeah, and these are the legislators that you don't think want our guns right or to take away guns?

Heller got it all the way to the US Supreme Court in the case of DC v. Heller. In that case they ruled that the Second Amendment applied to individuals and not only being in a militia. Hmmmm..... you mean that a government entity in our capital city said that gun rights are not individual? You bet that is what they stated, you as an individual have no gun rights. Of course that goes directly against your statement about it being all puppet strings.

But DC v. Heller wasn't good enough. Even though the Heller case showed that gun rights in the Second Amendment were for individuals (strangely enough, just like the other rights), the state of Illinois refused to issue handgun licenses and the city of Chicago, like DC, banned handgun ownership. Hmmmm...... Their statement was, Heller was about a federal district and we in Illinois and Chicago do not need to comply with individual rights and can still ban handguns and have crazy restrictions on long guns. 

So we get another case the US Supreme Court, McDonald v. Chicago. Again the Court ruled that the Second Amendment applies to everyone .... again strangely enough, just like the First Amendment, Third Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Sixth Amendment and so on. Wow, what a strange concept, that the Bill of Rights actually belongs to the people in states also. 

So yeah, at this moment in time I don't think anyone will come for our guns. If you really believe that they wouldn't if they could, I have the Statue of Liberty for sale,.. cheap.

I just named two recent cases (Heller in 2008 and McDonald in 2010) where cities and a state said that they could outright ban lawfully purchased handguns in your own home. These weren't some ancient history but recent decisions. Care to demonstrate why you think that won't happen if given the chance and if groups like the NRA weren't active.